2017 Finale Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

2017 Finale Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by Remy Zero, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed. I saw the two track/SC cars pull up right there yet he goes for this illegal ride. AND takes the wheel with him, which is another big nono.

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    It could have been a good race for our boys today. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out they way we would like to. Vettel did an amazing job regardless all circumstances. The only way Vettel can win this championship is if Elton gets DNF on the next few races. It is what it is.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What the heck is the LOVE AFFAIR NBC has with McLaren?????

Ferrari is just so Effed up its ridiculous. Someone needs to clean house.

Did Max drive well or did Hamilton have issues? WHO CARES. What a wasted 90 minutes of my day thanks to in inept Ferrari team who can't even put their cars on the track.

Maybe Ferrari should try to get Renault engines?

At the beginning of the season I predicted Ferrari would win 7 races and lose both Championships.

I guess I was overly optimistic.

Makuono, Robb and Caracciola like this.
  4. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Complexity a poor excuse for a top team like Ferrari challenging for the WDC and the WCC. Complexity is part of the game, for all participants.
    Since Ferrari wants to be at the top, if should at least get better results than the poor teams in F1; at least, they manage to start their cars!!!
    This weekend, Ferrari was a laughing stock, once again.

5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    There always has been and always will be a difference between German precision and Italian passion. The Germans do the math, the Italians get lucky. The Germans never quit, even when they are ahead. The Italians see they're a little bit in front and then they think they can coast home. The driving forces responsible for Ferrari's best F1 years were Brawn and Schumacher. Yes Ferrari produced good cars during those years, but they where dragged to the podium by the two men who did the bulk of the heavy lifting. Now Vettle is doing his best, and the car is sometimes as fast as the Mercedes, but the team is not as well run as Mercedes or even Red Bull. This season both championships were Ferrari's to lose...and that is exactly what they are doing. Every time Sergio Marchionne glowers and scowls the rest of the team scurries around like mice or freeze like deers in the headlights. That isn't team leadership. Ferrari needs men like Toto Wolf and Lauda if they really want to win.

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think they have a quality control issue Bob, just came at the worst possible time :(

I've seen plenty of Mercedes BBQs over the years, did anyone suggest the Germans were hopeless at building engines then and that the Italians were the greatest ???

Swings and roundabouts

7. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1

The Ferrari's have been more reliable since these PU's were introduced, significantly more if I am remembering correctly.

tifosi12 and ricksb like this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    If I'm not mistaken, there was a barbecued Mercedes last year that had a significant impact on the WDC...wasn't running a Ferrari engine either.

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Wasn't last week Seb's first DNF in a couple of years?

10. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I hate NBC Sports Network. Avoided this sight to watch the replay of today's race that was to start @ 8:00pm central standard time. Instead, I get some made for TV program? **** *** NBC SN

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sounds good to me ..i was not so lucky ,got called out to go work,so just watched the race now ,Monday.

Max did a good job,pity for Kimi,Seb had a good drive through the field then ooops on the slow down lap.

Ricci keps on putting those points in the bag,its impressive too.

13. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James

Well written points. Precision beats passion over the long haul.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Huh? you believe Stroll crashed into Vettel on purpose,this is laughable.

Vettel needs to be more careful,especially on a slow down lap,he was picking up rubber OFF the racing line as is normal ..then turns towards the apex ON the racing line just as Stroll was drifting to the right to also pick up some rubber. He is starting to lose the plot, i'm sad to say.

Caracciola likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Claiming it was Sebs fault is about as ridiculous as saying Stroll did it on purpose....Lance simply did not pay attention att that moment

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The stars are really align for Elton...nothing we can do, championship had already been lost in Singapur so i didn't even bother to watch the race...i'm glad i didn't....truth is, Ferrari made a great car and only managed 4 wins with it, under normal cincunstances they should have already 8, that's why we lost both championships...better luck next year.

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Why was Vettel in such a rush to go past Stroll? More impatience,shoots himself in the foot yet again.

Caracciola likes this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Not saying it was 100% Vettels' fault ,Stroll most likely didn't look to see him coming,the stewards got it right (non racing incident:))

It was a totally avoidable crash.

19. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Where was Vettel in a rush??? You are constructing things to give Seb a due for everything...so now he should not only not drive near Max but also not near Lance because he is in the race for the WDC? Maybe according to you he should stay at home next race to make certain nobody can drive into him...
    I see that people blame Seb partly for the race start in Singapore but for this one??? Seriously???
    How generous...

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  23. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    The reason Seb took his steering wheel with him for the ride on the sa-Uber is clear: It has a tendency to steer to the left when a car is on that side, and he wanted the engineers to take a look.

24. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha naked! it certainly seems the case and just casually taking pictures...

25. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha v good :D