2017 Finale Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers** | Page 10 | FerrariChat

2017 Finale Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by Remy Zero, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    :p:D

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    'ooops i did it again' shrugging his shoulders looking sheepish:)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

maybe NASCAR ovals would be his thing

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  4. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Another week and another coat of Teflon added to Lewis. In F1, you gotta have a great car, you gotta be able to drive that car, but you also have to have luck and it appear not much that's bad ever stick to Lewis. As pissed off as it makes me, good for him. He and his team do a better job overall and the results of that show. I still find it a bit laughable reading the headlines that Max "won on merit." Really? How do you call that an untainted win when the two cars likely to beat you were either out or stuck at the back. I'll always say it... a win is a win is a win... but let's be a little honest here.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes Vettel was stuck at the back, but here's the thing, would he have risked mixing it up with Max if he had been on the front row, Max is a force to be reckoned with IMO and thoroughly deserved his win, Vettel did a excellent job in damage limitation, I predicted he'd make the top 5, so he made the best of a bad job in that sense.

tifosi12 and ricksb like this.
  6. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Seems to me it would have been utter Ferrari domination at the front if it weren't for the mechanical issues. Vettel, seemingly without much stress given how much he complains on the radio when things aren't going his way, was beyond impressive in his drive to fourth. Very reminiscent of when Hamilton or Rosberg had to start from the back of the pack last season.

I got a huge laugh out of the Alonso/Magnussen incident. It looked pretty clear that once KMag pushed Alonso wide Alonso went wide on KMag to put him in his place. The radio, to me, backed up that theory.

As far as the Vettel/Stroll incident goes, I don't see how Stroll got away with it and I'm not a Vettel fan. I get that movements post race can be a bit more sporadic than movements during the race but I've watched races for two decades now and have never seen someone just turn their brain off and straight line a corner like that. On the flip side, isn't this the second time in as many weeks that a wheel has been in contact with a Ferrari rear wheel and the rear suspension on the Ferrari seemingly just exploded?

NEP likes this.
  7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Max absolutely deserved the win... I just want to see an RB win with all things being equal... not at the benefit of some other teams issues. That to me is a "win on merit." Anything short of that is being good enough to take advantage of others' misfortunes... which of course is part of F1 and all racing... but still.

Regarding Stroll, I watched it over and over. In the apex, he simply drifted wide when he hit Seb. Granted Seb could've left him more room but why you have to even think that way? It was just a really stupid thing to have happened and will now likely lead to a grid penalty which of course just paints yet another coat of Teflon on Lewis. It's just bizarre.

8. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If you mean to imply that a marketing man from a cigarette company might not be the best leader for Ferrari F1, I concur.

9. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It seems t me that Kimi has done everything Ferrari could ask in the last 2 GP, and more. What a waste.

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    The thing what annoys me about the Scuderia's management is their absolute lack of any form of media effort.

Wolff, Horner and most of the other F1 heads are always available.

11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    tifosi12 likes this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Blabbermouth Massa

They actually said that. Hilarious!

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 4, 2017

Mercedes used Bottas as road block says Vettel

Sebastian Vettel has accused Valtteri Bottas of deliberately holding him up during last weekend's Malaysian grand prix.

Bottas and Mercedes have each denied that the Finnish driver is now clearly the 'number 2' to championship contender Lewis Hamilton.

But Ferrari star Vettel alleges that last Sunday at Sepang, as he made his way through the field from last, he was held up by a deliberately baulking Bottas.

"It was clear what Mercedes were doing," the German is quoted by Krone newspaper.

"The used Bottas as a road block," Vettel added.

However, it may well be that 28-year-old Bottas was simply struggling for pace.

After Sepang, and following a run of poor performance, the Finn admitted he is currently suffering "the most difficult time of my career so far".

"If I keep doing races like this for long, that is not going to be a good thing for anyone," he said.

16. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Seb is not the only one who has worked out that Bottas was playing tail-gunner for Lewis: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/strategy-report-how-mercedes-played-bottas-card-to-slow-vettels-charge-960932/

James Allen has also noted in that article that Seb had to back off on the closing laps as he was running out of fuel.

NEP likes this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A rolling block would not be a surprise is it?? This is just team play. News it should not be....

tifosi12 likes this.
  18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So if a wheel or the suspension comes loose on the HAAS car and it spins off, causing damage to the barriers, are HAAS going to instantly pay for any damage to the barriers from now on?

How about they collect another car in the process of the above accident? - Would they instantly volunteer to pay for their rivals damage?

And if a rivals car hit's their car whilst having an accident, are HAAS going to pursue the other team through the courts?

This is so American! - Something that isn't done deliberately happens and straight away: "We want compensation!"

The Malaysian circuit owners should tell HAAS to do one!

HAAS: If things are so tight you can't afford to fix your car, then I strongly suggest you get out of F1 ASAP!

19. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Manhole cover loose is not safe or acceptable ! Could have been tragic! Don't know about financial responsibility?

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Circuits carry insurance. Haas has consulted Sepang about that coverage from what I have heard.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Shocker. Nott.

Besides: Bottas never had Lewis' pace all weekend long, so why should he suddenly be faster?

Ferrari 308 GTB and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

I would'nt spin this into anything else. This was a track induced incident which involved a drain that was'nt fitted or fastened properly solely involving one car which the track IMO has responsibility. The track bears reponsibilty and liability to the drivers. Even Lewis Hamilton asked in the briefing as to who was going to pay for Grosjeans car??? (Not so Amercian as the British 3x WDC feels the same way with regards to this incident.) The question in my mind is will Sepang pay up? ( I really don't think they will.)

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It was also said that Bottas used the new aero package although it was slower....Lewis switched back to the old one and Bottas was out to collect datas for a future use...I guess that says all about his current status as No.2 driver. Nobody should be surprised at this point of the season that there are No.1 and No.2 drivers both at Ferrari and Mercedes

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Bottas blocking Vettel?

It's called racing.What is he supposed to do, pull over, 'after you Sir'

jgonzalesm6 and tifosi12 like this.