2017-2018 Silly Season | Page 13 | FerrariChat

2017-2018 Silly Season

Discussion in 'F1' started by vinuneuro, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. DF1

Yes a fair comparison.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
  6. DF1

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Anybody surprised about this?

Max outdrove him all season long (not counting mechanical DNFs).

8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes considers radical & risky concept change for 2018 towards shorter wheelbase & more rake. AMuS (in German): http://ams.to/mercedes-2018

[​IMG]

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Red Bull will protest if their unique ideas are used by Renault after the Budkowski hiring. AMuS:

[​IMG]

10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Déjà vu

Red Bull copied Ferrari's Bargeboards, so they should expect others to copy their design.

11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I believe it was the side-pod winglets/fins/ "thing-a-ma-jiggers.";)

NEP likes this.
  12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 23, 2017

Wehrlein set to lose Mercedes backing

Pascal Wehrlein could be set to lose the backing of Mercedes.

Recently, with the driver's job at Sauber in doubt for 2018, Mercedes' Toto Wolff said he had recommended to Williams that Wehrlein should be considered for the seat oppose Lance Stroll.

But if Sauber and Williams say no, that could be the end of German 23-year-old Wehrlein's Mercedes backing in F1.

"Williams is the only option that remains," German language reports quote Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff as saying when asked about Wehrlein.

"They are considering several drivers. Pascal has a chance but we can do no more than what we have done.

"At some point a driver needs to stand on his own legs," Wolff added.

Williams co-owner Paddy Lowe confirmed that Wehrlein is under consideration, even though only Robert Kubica and Paul di Resta did the 'shootout' test last week.

"If we are talking about Pascal, then we do not need to test him because we see him drive in every race," he said.

Lowe, however, admitted that Williams is having to consider the wishes of main sponsor Martini, who would prefer that only drivers over 25 advertise their alcoholic drinks.

"Yes," Lowe confirmed, "but I'm also sure Martini realise how important the drivers are to us.

"We will choose the option that is best in terms of results, rather than the one that works best for the sponsors."

Another rumoured option for Wehrlein, the Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso, has been ruled out.

"It's nothing to do with Wehrlein personally," said Dr Helmut Marko. "We are just not somewhere for Mercedes juniors."

13. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    He was out-qualified by Ericcson by .35 s in Austin.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  15. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
  16. DF1

I can see this as they know what worked for Ferrari. The wheel base is too long on the 2017 Mercedes.

17. DF1

Via SKY F1 -
    A delay in Williams' driver decision for 2018, according to Sky F1's Mark Hughes.

The team tested Robert Kubica and Paul Di Resta in a three-year-old car at the Hungaroring before last week's US GP and were thought to be closing in on a decision about who partners Lance Stroll next season.

Felipe Massa, who appears likely to be replaced, had wanted a decision before his home Brazilian GP on November 12, but that now appears set to be missed according to Hughes.

Mercedes junior and current Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein is another contender for the seat, with Toto Wolff saying in Austin that the world champions were trying their best to get the German a drive.

"The Williams is the option that is left," said Wolff. "Williams is considering a number of drivers. For Pascal, the chance is there, but we can’t really do more than we’ve done."

18. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    That says more about you than about him.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That hurts..why are you so mean to me!!!!!

crinoid likes this.
  20. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So its 2019.......

Force India would release Ocon for 2019, if Mercedes wants him #AMuS:

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 30, 2017

Williams admits Kvyat in running for 2018 seat

Williams has confirmed that Daniil Kvyat could be in the running for a 2018 seat.

As the candidates continue to line up, it becomes increasingly clearer that team boss Paddy Lowe has essentially decided that Felipe Massa will not stay.

And the Brazilian veteran is increasingly frustrated about that.

"I'm totally happy with my pace and my season," he said in Mexico. "So if you keep getting the best out of the car, why stop?

"Unfortunately it's not my decision," he added.

But what Massa, 36, is pushing for the hardest is a firm answer within the next few days, so that he can race in his native Brazil in a fortnight knowing if it's his farewell or not.

Technical boss and Williams co-owner Lowe, however, said of Massa's wish: "I'd rather not comment on that."

He admitted there is some tension between Williams and Massa.

"Unfortunately the team-driver relationship is usually tense when it comes to contracts," said Lowe. "But Felipe is a great guy and he has a good and respectful relationship with Williams."

However, he is not hiding that Williams is weighing up its options, including Robert Kubica, Paul di Resta, Pascal Wehrlein and now the Toro Rosso refugee Kvyat.

"As I said in Austin, we will look at any driver who has no contract," Lowe is quoted by Russia's Sportbox.

"Kvyat is a very respectable driver so he must be considered," he added.

But the frontrunner is actually Kubica, and the latest rumour heard in Mexico is that the Pole could be given a one-off chance to prove himself in Massa's seat in the 2017 finale in Abu Dhabi.

"Who said that?" Massa said before leaving Mexico.

"I cannot say anything about my future but I'm going to be in Abu Dhabi and proudly all the races that my contract runs for," he insisted.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Massa wants an answer before Brazil so he can retire all over again. Sorry but whilst last years retirement was great to see, replaying it this year will be embarrassing.

375+ likes this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Amen, last year was almost maudlin. Can you imagine Kimi doing something like this?