2017-2018 Silly Season | FerrariChat

2017-2018 Silly Season

Discussion in 'F1' started by vinuneuro, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    It's early but I think there will be a lot of movement over winter driven by the seats at Ferrari, Renault and McLaren. Any predictions? These are the ones with potential for movement.

Kimi: Ferrari or retire
    Bottas: multi-year contract at Merc
    Ricciardo: RB or Ferrari
    Perez: Force India or Ferrari or Renault
    Massa: Williams
    Stroll: bye
    Sainz: RB or STR or Renault or McLaren
    Kvyat: bye, replaced by Gasly
    Grojean: Haas or Renault or McLaren
    Palmer: bye
    Wehrlein: Williams or Force India
    Alonso: McLaren-Mercedes or Renault or retire

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The musical chairs will start when Ferrari decide what to do with Kimi.They will have to line up a replacement in advance,if the car is still good then Max or Ricci would be my choice,Perez/Hulk/Grosjean not quite in the top tier.

If RBR can't improve then their drivers would be open to jump ship.
    Vettel going nowhere.
    Lewis and Bottas going nowhere.

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ferrari: Vettel-Riccardo
    Mercedes: Hamilton-Bottas
    Red Bull: Verstappen-Sainz
    Williams: Stroll-Wehrlein
    Renault: Alonso-Hulkenherg
    Brabham (Force India): Perez-Ocon
    McLaren: Vandoorne-Grosjean
    Haas: Giovinazzi-Magnussen

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ricciardo is over rated. No way he's going to Ferrari. That seat should go to Hulkenberg.

Ham and Vet will stay where they are. Bottas gets another year.

Kimi, Massa, Kvyat and Palmer exit stage left.

Stroll should be fired immediately, but will survive another year as they need papa strolls charity contributions.

Max stays at RB due to contract complications with any move to Ferrari.

Alonso goes to Renault. Partnered by Grosjean.

Sainz gives up on an RB seat and goes to McLaren just in time for their engine to become the class of the field.

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stroll should be fired immediately but will survive another year as they need papa strolls charity contributions.

Yup.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    HUlkenberg will stay put at ranault...he's well tied up, if not he would have been behind a merc this year....If Kimi leaves ferrari as got 2 chances, Perez or Ricci...both are good, Ricci seems a bit out of form lately, but can be very good, as for Checo, he's one of the most solid drivers in f.1, fast too.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Oh, Alonso as 2 options, retire or renault, to replace the useless Palmer..unless he wants to get another fat check and keep driving a Mclaren...

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Stroll will stay for as long daddy pays the bill. Williams might increase it if they blame him for losing 4th in the championship.

Palmer out.

Can see Wehrlein happening at Williams.

Hopefully a seat for Leclerc, hopefully at Haas.

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Can see a Stroll - Wehrlein swap. Move money to Sauber

Ocon to Renault

No change at Mercedes

Ferrari......uncertain

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not sure, Honda will pay for a driver at Sauber, Sauber won't want stroll, especially when chance of points will be slim at best...They need 1 decent driver in there.

Wehrlein may well be stuck where he is unless Perez moves, or he manages to get Massa's seat. I think the latter is more likely.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    PS agree that this will be Kvyat's final year in STR, and unlikely to move elsewhere...It's a shame as he had such potential. He had a good race yesterday that made up a lot, but Sainz has shown to be the stronger driver almost always. He's been unlucky with his car, undoubtly...However, I can see him end up racing for Ferrari in GT2/3 with Kaspersky sponsorship. Sportscar racers can earn a decent wedge, more than lower end (of the grid) F1 drivers.

12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    What if papa stroll buys Sauber? If I am not wrong the current sauber owner is some sort of private equity/vultur fund so these guys would be happy to get their return ASAP.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nope, Sauber will be in Honda's hands now...they don't need Strolls momey, they want to develop the engine and maybe promote some japanese youngster....I also think that if Palmer is fired (and he will be unless Renault guys are crazy) and iF Alonso doens't end up there, Ocon will be on their list...with one more year in the bag he would be perfect to partner the Hulk...but Renault also have Grosjean in high regard, so he could have a chance.
    Massa will stay at williams if they give him the chance, and if he leave sthey need a good driver there...Pascal could be an option becaus eogf Merc ties...but even if he's a good sunday driver, he's not very fast...he barely outqualifyes Eriksson.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    > > > It's an interesting idea but also the worst team to buy...IMO they lost so many good people since Monisha has been at the helm, to rebuild it, with Honda engines no less, will take YEARS. They'll trundle at the very back for a long time IMO. Haas, STR, Mclaren (jeez still feels weird talking about them as backmarkers!) are all in far better shape for the future. Sauber is in dire straights IMO. If buying a team today, only Force India truly makes sense (STR isn't for sale).
    Yep I agree, I think that Honda will eventually buy Sauber.

15. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Barring some rash of unreliability, Kimi's fate probably solely rests on whether or not the team wins the championship.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Probably not as decisions are made by september at latest, normally. It's rare for actual driver moves to happen later than that, especially with top teams.

If Kimi retires this season, it'll be between Perez and Ricciardo IMO.

17. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    True.

If it's not neck and neck by contract time and Ferrari are trailing, Marchionne will send him home.

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Honda's most recent effort as an entrant ended badly(for them not for Brawn), I don't think that they will repeat the experience.

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

Apparently Mallya want $210M for it, but his associate says that he would sell for $150M.

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Plus a Get Out of Jail card.

21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Force India is amazing. That team has punched above their weight for some many years now. Look when they took over in 2008 from Midland/Spyker. Team was a backmarker and they have worked their way up to the front (yes I know they used to be Jordan)

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1....lean and mean when compared to the other budgets of the top 3

23. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    So, let's buy the team. I'm good for $150. Now we need another million guys like me!

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm in.