2011 SLS in the Right Color Combo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2011 SLS in the Right Color Combo

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by SoCal to az, Aug 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Really? Do you know why David asked that specific question? Most owners are completely oblivious to the whole thing.

The update was not something done to the SLS as a matter of normal service; only when an owner complained and directed the dealer to the specific TSB (applying to only '11s and '12s) addressing the matter. The good news is that they do it for free...the bad news is most dealer service departments won't have a clue what you're talking about. You'll have to give them the specific TSB and (potentially) point them at a discussion on the AMG Private Lounge.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I've read up on the software update and asked my dealer to run the update on my car. There is nothing wrong with the gears or shifts but since I had read up on it, I asked them to run the updates. So the car runs great, drives great, shifts great. Ready for a new home as I make room for another. Thanks for looking.

3. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Cool. Did you a notice a difference before and after the update? It should have been immediately apparent.

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Honestly - not a massive difference. Noticeable
    But not huge.

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Gluck man!
    What's incoming?

Sent from my 16M

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Porsche gt3 RS

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Have you found the market for SLS gullwings appreciating?

Sent from my 16M

8. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    SLS roadsters are dropping; Gullwings are more stable but notably off their surge in pricing from about 12-18 months ago. If someone is interested in the SLS, now is a great time to be buying. They will no doubt follow the path of the Z8 and Ford GT...going up!

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes agree with Douglas. Nothing special about the roadster. I mean fun car to drive but as far as long term values, they aren't going anywhere.

The gull wings have done well- Long term this car will have massive appreciation. I just am in the now kind of a guy. Love the car. Love the way it looks, drives - love everything about it. Its just time for a new toy to add to the barn to keep my 488 company.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    bumpity bump bump. Happy to entertain offers but please no low balls. Im not that desperate to sell. Ill happily keep it if thats the case. But if you want a great car, shoot me a pm.

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Change in plans- after going back and forth a bunch on a few diffeeent cars and unable to make a deal- GT3 is coming next year. I have an allocation so the car that was originally coming is not but gt3 is coming.

So that gives a bit more time to drive my SLS. Anyone interested in acquiring this pm me but no low ball offers. Appreciate the interest and the offers I’ve gotten but I’m not in a rush to sell.

Ty for those that have sent a pm and no I don’t need a broker to sell. Ty

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Bumpity bump
    Bump

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012