2010-2012 Upgrades? | FerrariChat

2010-2012 Upgrades?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by AD211, Sep 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Curious if there are any ideas out there on any upgrades I should take into account if I purchase one of these model years. Still looking at the same 2 vehicles although one may be washed out in Miami. Haven't heard yet. Anything from the engine to the exhaust to the radio. I look forward to your feedback.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think you want Magneride, assuming it was an option. Apart from that, I do not know of any upgrades. The prevailing F-chat mythos seems to be that the DCT became more reliable as time evolved. In terms of upgrades that will be worth it, I'd go for the 2nd gen Cali, Cali 30. 30 less kg, 30 more HP than gen 1. 2012 is when the free scheduled maintenance began, so that's worth it. After that, find one that ticks all your boxes in colors, options and $$...T

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks T. I'd love to get the 30 but I'm maxing out in price at 110-120 and they are not there yet...in my color preferences at least. I assume the presence of the Magneride option can be determined by the VIN #? Either way I would get he F New Power Warranty for sure considering neither vehicle has had the DCT worked on so it still may occur in the future. Not to mention the hard top issues I've read about on this forum.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think you have to look at options list to see MagneRide optioned. If you have VIN, I think dealer can run it through their computer system to see options.

I think the warranty is a good way to go. It's peace of mind.

T