2009 Maserati Granturismo S F-1 | FerrariChat

2009 Maserati Granturismo S F-1

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Toonfosi, Sep 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Fellow F Chatters, I'm selling my GT-S and I'm hoping she'll find a new owner here!

2009 Maserati Granturismo S, Nero (clear bra) with red leather/ silver carbon interior. Just under 50k miles.

As you may know, this is the one with the F1 transmission (the last iteration of Ferrari's single disc, robotised manual gearbox, s/a the 599 Superfast with a 100ms shift above 5500rpm.) Clutch % was checked about 6k miles ago w/ 57% remaining.

The best part is it already has the top two "must do" mods (about $3,500 value) for this model, Larini Sport Cats and Drive-by-wire. The sound from the sport cats is unreal and the DBW offers improved take-off and and allows the transmission to utilize faster shifting profiles more often (and improved clutch life.) The original cats in excellent condition will be included.

During my ownership, here are some of the maintenance/ mod highlights:

1/31/17 New tires/ Alignment checked
    Front: 2x 245/35ZR20 (95Y)XL P ZERO
    Rear: 2x 285/35ZR20 (100Y) P ZERO

12/16-1/17
    Larini Sport Cats
    Formula Dynamics Drive by Wire
    Service performed including:
    Reusable performance air filter, pollen filter, oil, coolant, power steering, brake flush, drive/ aux belts (also replaced a noisy belt pulley)
    Cam cover gaskets

06/16
    Alternator and oil sending sensor

Car is in excellent condition. The only issue is the passenger seat won't move fore and aft (it can tilt and raise/ lower.) Fortunately, it's in an "ideal" position, hence I haven't been motivated to look into it. I will update this thread if I get around to solving the problem.

I'll throw in a Ctek battery tender, as well. I always keep it plugged in when not driving and as a result, never had any quirky fault codes these cars tend to get when driven infrequently (this has mostly been a Friday/ weekend car.)

I’ll also include a factory outdoor car cover (worth over $400) and a custom fit satin indoor cover for garage.

The ONLY reason I'm selling this is to get into a 360. I originally was going to let go of my 308, but changed plans (partly due to market being soft, but mostly due to the fact I'm still in love with that car!)

Asking $45.5k --if there's no desire for the sport cats, I will sell with only factory cats for $43.5k.

Please feel free to reach out for addl pics, service records, receipts, vids, etc. Thanks for looking!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

360Tom likes this.
  2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Beautiful car! Good luck with the sale.

Mike

Toonfosi likes this.
  3. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's a beautiful car and it sounds incredible! If I wasn't in the 612 hunt, I'd give this consideration as a performance 4-seater. Someone will be getting a very nice car.

Toonfosi likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Like it especially with mods...I have a Black/Black GTS F1 and it is a great car. Looked at 612 but the F1 in this was IMHO a better GT drive.

Bad for us market for these seems soft-ish.

GLWS

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have a 2008 and love it. Sad how these are not holding value. If the interior was Cuoio we would be chatting. Lovely car. :)

6. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Thanks guys. It is a fantastic GT car and always a head turner (esp with the sound from those sport cats!) It's sooo much car for the money... if I could swing a 360 and still keep this car I certainly would...

7. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Here's a clip of a cold start w/ a throttle blip. I also forgot to mention the car has a K40 radar hardwired.
    I have more clips, feel free to PM- thanks.

Sweet928 likes this.
  8. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    These are amazing cars for the money.

Scott

9. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Wow!

I need to call Penfed tomorrow.

Toonfosi likes this.
  10. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Great cars with the F1 - I just added carbon ceramic brakes to mine - sourced them from an FF complete with 6 piston calipers

360Tom and Toonfosi like this.
  11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Been wanting a GT for several years. Thing s are too uncertain at work for a major purchase. Lovely car.

I would enjoy seeing a pics of your 308 and the Gt together if you ever have time !

12. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Thank you. I'll take a look and see if I have any archived.

I'd take some tomorrow but the 308 is currently on a lift getting new suspension bushings, cooling system hoses, rear main seal replace, etc. Can't help myself once I get going! :)

thecarreaper likes this.
  13. djmastro

djmastro Rookie

Jan 6, 2017
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Beautiful colour combination! glws

Toonfosi likes this.
  14. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Beautiful!!!

Toonfosi likes this.
  15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    This is the 2nd time I've posted on this add which is really unusual for me but I can't say enough about this car - drives unbelievable - no problems in 15,500 miles
    The F1 is superb - no car touches it for the money - I've had mine since new and it costs $135,000 then - only true F1 Maserati which can be recognized by the trident wheels

16. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Well said, John. Best GT experience I've ever had (including having driven a 612-- great car, but stiffer ride.)

Yeah, I'll probably regret selling!

17. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Beautiful...wish it was a Spider!

Toonfosi likes this.
  18. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Alrighty folks, I'm reducing the price to $43k WITH the sport cats! I guarantee this is the only enthusiast owned F1 GT-S in the country with this setup at this price. I've had a great experience in the past selling to an F Chat member and hoping for the same with this one...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dave rocks likes this.
  19. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    These didn't come with the F1

20. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes they did and this is one of 300 in the US. :)

Makuono likes this.
  21. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thats correct - only 300 sent to US = 599 F1 - makes it a whole different machine

22. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  23. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    such a pretty car! glws!

Toonfosi likes this.
  24. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I have personally seen and heard this car. I think I even went around the block in it. I personally cannot buy it, but one of you guys should. It's only a matter of time before the collectors realize its significance and rarity.