1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Berlinetta Red/Tan 21K Miles | FerrariChat

1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Berlinetta Red/Tan 21K Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by V8powr, Sep 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Up for sale is my gorgeous, well sorted, low mileage, and extensively maintained 1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Berlinetta!

This car sits at just 21,934 original miles. This car was produced in late March 1999, and was one of the last 355's off the production line. This car has been babied it's whole life. Never launched, tracked, raced, or abused.

Original documents in the owner's booklet date back to late 1998 before the car was even produced. Original records show the updates Ferrari gave to the original owner during the production process and up to the point of delivery. Maintenance and service records are present from new in 1999 up until now. Original complete tool kit (Including original tire inflator), owners manual, booklets, Ferrari indoor car cover, Ferrari seat dust covers, and brochures are all present as well.

The car was delivered to Jupiter Florida where it spend most of its life, until it was sold to the 3rd owner in Arkansas. I am the 4th owner. This car has been extensively maintained throughout its entire life. All maintenance is current and up to date, including the major service and clutch. All repairs and services were completed by the Ferrari dealership or by Ferrari certified experts.

The condition of this car is remarkable. Exterior is near perfect. No scrapes under front bumper. It does have a clear bra on the front end. Only one small defect that was touched up on rear bumper. Hard to see until up close. Interior is near perfect as well with no rips, or stains. Only minor defect is a small split in parking brake boot when in up position which is common on these cars. Still smells like new leather inside. No food, drinks, or smoke have ever been in this car. Always garaged and never driven in poor whether. Car comes with a clean title in my name. This Ferrari has NEVER been in any sort of accident of collision. Clean carfax also ensures this car's originality and healthy history.
    Exterior= 9/10
    Interior= 9/10

Recent Service/Maintenance within the last 1,500 miles

20,500 miles = Engine out service + alternator replaced = $11,755.50

20,600 miles = Engine out to rebuild valves + new cylinder head gaskets = $10,337

20,700 miles = Clutch fluid change, new alignment, full detail, replaced wipers, = $1,543

20,946 = Complete clutch replacement, rebuild DualMass flywheel, complete F1 system refresh. = $6,746

21,300 = Oil change using full synthetic shell 5w-40 oil and Ferrari oil filter kit.

21,850 = Driver's side upper ball joint replaced.

The engine out major service and engine out valve rebuild were completed about 3 years ago (mid 2014) at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano, Texas. This means you won't have to worry about doing a major service for about another 2-3 years. The entire F1 system overhaul was done about a year ago in mid 2016 at Competizione in Maryland. Everything was done with no expenses spared once again. A normal "cheap" clutch job could be done for $2,000-$3,000 on these cars, however, I opted to replace/refinish every major component and sensor in the system. Hence the $6,700+ repair bill. All receipts are present and can be viewed.

Upgrades within the last 1,500 miles

- Brand new brakes on all four corners. New upgraded drilled rotors and pads all the way around. Calipers have been painted Yellow for a nice contrast in colors ($3,000+).

- Brand new period correct Pirelli tires installed on all four corners within the last 1000 miles. ($1600)

- Carbon Fiber paddle shifters installed to replace the cheap looking oem ones. These really set the interior off nicely.

- Tan Sparco leather sport seats installed. These fit right in with the interior color/style and look OEM. No wear on them at all. Hold you in tight for a great driving experience ($5,000).

- Alcantara suede guage cluster housing with red contrasting sticking. Some sun fade, but looks great.

- Upgraded factory option Ferrari sport wheels. This set ran about $2000 per wheel. They are in perfect brand new condition without a single defect. ($8,000).

- Just recently installed a brand new Capristo Stage 3 Exhaust with Capristo test pipes. I went the extra mile and had the car shipped down to Capristo's facility in Florida to have them professionally install this exhaust system. This ensured the fitment and installation was perfect. This is hands down, without a doubt, one of the best sounding cars in the world! ($7,000+ value)

- NO Sticky Buttons what so ever! Every piece has been reconditioned nicely. ($2,500).

- I do not have the original seats or stock wheels. You can most likely trade or sell these pieces for OEM parts (and have money left over) if that is what you prefer.

Why am I selling?

I am reluctantly selling my baby, but with 7 other cars, I don't drive it as often as I should. However, I try to get it out every weekend or two, to keep it active and keep all the parts in nice operating condition. This car will make for a phenomenal investment or new toy for someone. One thing is for sure, you will not find another 99 Berlinetta Coupe with this beautiful spec, maintenance history, and overall condition ever again. This car makes for a nice show car and a great driver. People stare wherever you go. And I love how many people are impressed by its fantastic condition. I have enjoyed every bit of my time with this gem, but it is time for her to go to a new home.

This is a rare opportunity to own the last classic Ferrari. I have always likened the 355 to the Porsche 993 Turbo. Both being the last of great eras from collectible manufacturers.

Please email or direct message me if you have any questions or if you would like to come view the car in person. The car is located just west of Washington D.C.

Thank you for viewing,
    Jeff

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Pics and price, Jeff?

Thanks.

3. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
  4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If you have the OEM seats and OEM wheels and are interested in selling, let me know. Thanks.

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    The add says he doesn't have them.

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Missed that. Just saw now. Thanks.

7. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #7 Drock28, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    if no one realized yet.. this is JRgarage's F355..

car looks quite clean/sorted, good luck with Sale.. the exhaust vid is awsome..!

as documented in your "maintenance video", its still weird the engine came back out within only 100miles to do the valve guides.. what was the time period between that..?

mathewr likes this.
  8. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I believe you're correct. I thought the JR car was totaled leaving Katie's Cars and Coffee last year, but I just checked, and it looks like it was a different car.

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That one was a 95 and Ferrparts ended up getting it to part out.

10. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016

The time between those engine out services was only a week or two. I believe when the previous owner got the car back from the major, he heard a slight noise which ended up being the valves. He was very meticulous and had a open checkbook for this car.

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Really confused how the PO had a major, then 100 miles another engine out, and ended up paying for both?

Seems like a freaking ripoff.

Gorgeous car and GLWS

Yassa likes this.
  12. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ...and I believe he/they made a few Youtube videos why you should never buy a used Ferrari. Search around.

355dreamer likes this.
  13. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    I forgot to mention, the stock muffler and stock cats are included with the car. However, I don't think anyone will be ditching the Capristo setup :)

14. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    This is the kind of car that the new owner rides out all the investments in recent years to get away only with a major when due. GLWS and best of luck to OP getting asking price.

15. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Price Drop! $84,900
    Just had the car out the other day and it drove like a dream

16. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    This is the JR Garage car. I was looking closely at this car from the previous owner in Arkansas. The owner was firm at $45,000 and that is right at what the car sold for. I told the previous owner that I wanted to fly into Arkansas and drive it back to Houston. He advised that he would not recommend that....

That being said, the car looks well sorted and JR Garage has MANY videos on this car. It should bring a fair price. Good luck with the sale, Red/Tan is always a classic.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    One last price drop! Now available for $82,000. Can't get much better than an extremely well sorted, red/tan, low mileage, clean title, Capristo equipped, 1999 Berlinetta! Come check it out. This car will make someone very happy :)

18. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I can't see it selling with those wheels.

I am familiar with their YouTube channel, i would imagine they would make a video after the sale divulging/ braying about their profit made from the buyer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think people should not speculate about what they will or will not do after the sales. I am not a fan of them but its about the car not them and to be fair they put a fair ammount of time in doing proper videos bc from
    Having some experience with Adobe premiere i can tell u it takes time to create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk