Sold - 1991 Ferrari Mondial | FerrariChat

Sold 1991 Ferrari Mondial

Discussion in 'Cars' started by UAS, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    with only 15K miles, do you know if the car has ever had service or has it never been touched since new? Thanks

2. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Same here, interested, would love to know service history

3. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    The website ad says it’s due for service, so I surmise it has never had a belt change.

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Stupid question 1-weren't the Ts 3.4 liter cars? Website says 3.2

Stupid question 2-weren't the Ts "engine out" service cars?

Stupid question 3-how much is the major service?

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    1 yes
    2 yes
    3 varies, independent shop probably $5-$7k depending on what is found dealer $7k-$10k

6. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    From the site it looks like they have a shop, and lots of pictures of major services on 3.2 engines. Wonder how much they'd charge for the full service. Or rather why not service it, and then sell it?

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Thanks!

8. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    If this car has a clear title,15k miles, starts and drives for $30k, you should not ask questions about the major service. You should buy it quickly!

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    from an unbiased source!!! lol.

Timing is everything-I'm in the process of buying a house out east and it has a 2 car garage; one for my 1982 911 and one for my TBD car. This car is in the running, may stop out there tomorrow. Of course wife has eyes on refinishing kitchens and bathrooms, I have my eyes on this.....

10. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Yes, I do own a Mondial t, but lets pretend I didn't and I wanted to. Does $30k for a 15k mile car not strike you or anyone as a bargain? Allow my bias to aim you in the right direction. This is a lot of car for the money and I would part mine out before I sold it for $30k. Let the wife have her kitchen and justify that expense with the $10-15k savings of buying this car for $30k. You can service it next year while the car appreciates in value. During that time, do research and make sure the right shop services it the first time, again saving thousands.

paulchua, kevinkw and classic308 like this.
  11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    No pictures of engine compartment?

12. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Messaged them and left a call.

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's already at the right shop! (they are the ones selling it) No need to take it anywhere else.
    They did the Major service on my 360 last year and did a fabulous job. They even earned the coveted Eagle Eye certificate for the flawless job they did on my car!!

14. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    Interested. Email me at [email protected] or call me on my cell +86-18621286808. Thanks in advance

15. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hopefully this ends better than the other Mondial Cabriolet listed at a bargain price.

1988 Mondial Cabriolet/Needs a loving, caring home
    Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Capt Ron, Sep 24, 2017.

16. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    When you Google the VIN, one of the sites says "$20,000 price drop in 307 days". It has been listed for a while, which can happen with some of these models, and that's quite a price drop. There has to be more to this story. No engine compartment pics found anywhere, and it's odd that it is listed as a 3.2L. Has to just be a typo in the ad. If this just requires the engine-out service and everything else is as shown in the pics, it is a incredible bargain. Nothing seems out of the ordinary in the free Carfax report, for what it's worth. It is not too difficult to keep certain events out of a Carfax report if you use the right shop. Well maybe one thing- there is nothing documented for almost 10 years between 1992 and 2002, at which time the car had almost 11,000 miles on it. Perhaps someone has heard back from their attempts to reach the dealer regarding this car.

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    The guys at Universal are awesome! Dealt with them several times. Hell of a price on that Mondy T. At that price I am interested in it....

18. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    Asked them to email or call me but sane respons as Capt Ron, zero action! Sad!

19. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Try their phone / email on their site. I got an email back from Peter. Was originally asking if they can do the major there at their shop. They ball parked it to be $8-10k of work.

20. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
  21. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I bought a car from Peter at Universal off of this site. He replied when needed. The car bought was inexpensive ~ so it was a no priority purchase. It went well enough for me though. I will say that when they needed paperwork - it became a priority! And when it was not related to the actual sale for them / it was not priority. The car bought was said to be original paint - and there was no-way anyone with any idea would have ever thought it to be original. It was not. The car was a project. After the car showed up I told Universal that I did them a favor by buying it (then I got rid of it), so they returned the favor by giving me some tech time with their Challenge race mechanic for some questions I had on a factory NGT that I have. He was fantastic, so all is well for me.

22. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Michael B, from your comment it sound like someone should not buy it before looking at it first. Probably those who went to look at the car were disapointed by a car that was less than expected by the pictures and it's why it's still unsold.

The T is not easy to service like a 3.2. Full electronic injection and engine out is not for every DIY guy.

23. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah Claude I would recommend that.

On another note ~ I had one of the 43 USA Mondial t coupes for many years. And while it was an engine out car, it was so far ahead of any other Mondial ever produced that I found all of the idiosyncrasies to be well worth it. No other version of Mondial will do.

gsfent likes this.
  24. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Quite frankly, I'm very attracted by this car. I loved my 3.2 cab and been thinking a lot about a T. This one is very affordable and not TOO far for me to take a drive to look at it. I will not do the mistake again I did when I purchased the 400 that I never got. I will try to retain myself but it's really teasing me. I hope it find a buyer soon.