For Sale - 1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Coupe | FerrariChat

For Sale 1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Coupe

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by EMorris, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    #1 EMorris, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    I am selling a 1982 Mondial 8 Coupe. Giallo with black interior. 40k miles. The car is in excellent condition (Hagerty 2+ in my opinion). California/West Coast car since new. Belt service, new fluids, and new battery in April of this year. The car comes with over $30k in receipts dating back to 1990. It also includes workshop/parts/owners manuals, factory tool kit, and full size spare. Nardi wood steering wheel, and receipts say that it has a Tubi exhaust and an upgraded fuse panel. Clean Carfax and clean title in hand.

Asking price is $34k OBO. I would keep the car, but I already have a t coupe (and this one is almost too nice for me!) I have the car on eBay as well, I will likely take the best offer over the next week. Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  2. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Wonderful!

3. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    Beatiful car. Love the yellow color with black interrior

4. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Unusual ... is this the Oregon "museum" car? If so, it's been repainted?

5. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    Yes, this car was in a collection (that I believe was open to the public) in Oregon from 2010 to 2016. I went through the service records ($44k total now) and did not find a paint job mentioned. However, I'm pretty sure it's not the original single stage paint. One of the notes mentioned that the owner wanted to compete the car in the 2004 Ferrari Monterey Concours competition. Perhaps it was painted before that.

6. jamnyc

jamnyc Rookie

Oct 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    aviporat
    very nice car. good luck!

7. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very nice! Love the color combo, Sure to find a new owner :)

8. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    I know asking price is high for a Mondial 8. It does have a recent $4200 service (including belts), an upgraded fuse panel, and a Tubi exhaust. And yellow cars usually have a bit of a premium over rosso. Mondial sales have been pretty strong on BringATrailer lately, with two unrestored QV's selling for $30k+.

9. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great looking 8! GLWTS!

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Perhaps BAT would be a great place to test out your theories on this car's value. I'm not sure that an 8 has been sold there....

2cam

paulchua likes this.
  11. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    I normally prefer the look of black or dark blue Mondials as the (rather large) bumpers and all that rubber trim are less obvious; but I have to say that it looks sharp in yellow. Don't like red at all on the 3 liter Mondials.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    beautiful car! GLWS!

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great looking mondial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    #14 EMorris, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    I did sell a car on BaT recently. They took 2 weeks to list the car after I sent them the details and photos. After another week of responding to a bunch of questions and comments, the car sold for a fraction of what it was worth (unreserved auction - my fault I guess). The worst part is that I received multiple emails after the sale offering more for the car if the buyer backed out. Overall not a pleasant experience.

15. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    If anyone here is interested in the Mondial, please make an offer on eBay. I am considering a pending offer and might end the listing before the offer expires. Thanks.

16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    BaT needs some SERIOUS QC established. Their customer service sucks. They only have 2 people reviewing hundreds of submissions and replying, thus it takes forever. I sold my friends Rolls for him and that went so so.

Good luck w your 8.

17. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    That's interesting. I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like a great venue for sellers of solid, honest cars as many seem to bring a premium to what they sell for through other outlets. Just out of curiosity, what car did you sell? I'm curious as to why it didn't bring top dollar...

2cam

18. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Nice car...it presents well. GLWS

19. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    I sold a 1980 Volvo 242GT for $2500. It had a little surface rust on the quarters, but a very original car that had one owner for 36 years. I think Hagerty value was $4k.

20. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    Just a note about the Mondial. Apparently the car no longer has Tubi Style exhaust. The eBay listing has been updated, but I can't update the details above. A previous owner must have been a stickler for factory look/sound and reverted back. I wondered why the car was so quiet compared to my t!

Does anyone know what exhaust options are available for an 8? Not sure Tubi makes it for 8's anymore, or for any Mondial.

21. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Not very exciting ... BAT not the appropriate venue for boring cars.

23. EMorris

EMorris Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    I apologize that it's not as exciting as the F250 or GMC Jimmy BaT is featuring right now. It certainly can't hold a candle to a Subaru Brat.

2cam likes this.
  24. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    That's funny! :)

Unfortunately, unless it's rare and in high demand, "less than perfect" cars tend to get slapped down on BAT. I think the biggest issue for your GT was the amount of rust that was in it. The 240s that seem to have brought the most $$$ on BaT over the last couple of years are typically low mileage and close to perfect condition.

Did you sell your Mondial? I see that it's no longer listed on eBay...

2cam

25. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Put yourself in the buyer's shoes. Are you going to buy a car you have never driven, or even seen, over the internet, and then pay thousands more to have it shipped? These low dollar everyday cars are best sold locally on Craigslist. The only time you are going to buy a car on BAT is if it's rare ie you can't find one locally, and ten times more valuable than the cost of transporting it.