1/18 news | Page 23 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    BBr hit the jackpot again..i just hope this will be in the concept 18 category, so i cab pay 200 instead of 350.....absolutly gorgeous 375mm, now in the panamericana version this will be crazy!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This is one of my absolute favourite ferraris!!

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Pedro, thanks for posting. I guess that's from some toy fair? Do you have any info on that? Thanks.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nothing yet Peter, this was from the novegro toy fair in italy...i've searched for more images on bbr facebook but it doesn't show up, this one i saw in the "diecastinternational forum"...but no coments on it, nothing. But the model looks amazing, i guess it should be in BBRs catalogue for 2018..

5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    The Porsche 936 on the left is said to be released this December and was first shown at Nuremberg earlier this year. But it's always a crapshoot with releases. So I'm always patient :)

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, it takes long for them to release new things...teh car doesn't even has livery on it...but i guess it will be around next year, what i really want to know is if it will be the "affordable" version or the expensive one!!
    I'm still waiting for the 250p, from them or lookmart and the f40 from looksmart, i would like to get both this year, and for next, the 512m by gmp and this 375mm...and that would be it for me..perhaps add one or more 2 models, but the collection would be ok, i really need to stop spending so much money on this hobby.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  9. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  10. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    the 375 MM was shown at the Hobby model Expo in Novegro ( near Milan Italy )
    BBR is there every year with a stand to sell models and show some prototypes
    the 375 MM was the only unknown model to me
    to buy the model you still have to wait around 2 years
    the best thing here is that both owners are at the stand and have time for some smalltalk

thank you Mr Balestrini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

furoni likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks Christian, 2 years is a long time, but i "need2 that model, i'm sure it will be great!

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

13. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    no I did not ask
    Mr Balestrini was alone when I was at the stand
    I had to ask some questions about the model I bought :)
    there is always a check-out with "bad-selling" models for a good price
    and some not perfect models and one offs where there to

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    mcimino likes this.
  15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I don't get Tecnomodel... Why do they continue to put huge diameter wheels on all their vintage cars. This new and coming 1/18th T33/2 1967 has wheels that scale out around 18 inches. Otherwise the model would be pretty good. It has shiny paint and the shape is pretty good :)

The wheels are also wrong, more like the 1970 T33/3 wheels. Just poor research and planning.

Image Unavailable, Please Login :)

16. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    So I got two models in the past couple of weeks. One is great, the other a let down. I did a few quick pics so apologies for the low quality.

First the 158 F1 by Looksmart. I'm really happy with this model. Nice detail, especially the suspension parts. Some chrome missing on one exhaust header but nothing a bit of paint can't fix. Even the driver figure is nice. It's comparable to Exoto quality so not cartoonish (even though the flash might make it look that way).

The other is the 365 P2/3 by Tecnomodel. At first glance this is a nice model. Shapes are fine so is the paint. But the let down is in the details. Either lack thereof, like the suspension of the choice of materials. The tail picture is a good example. The vents in the rear fenders are closed. The tail pipes lack depth and for some reason Tecnomodel decided to use chromed parts behind the grill (they look orange in the picture because of the reflection). The same chrome is used everywhere in the interior. Overall very toy like and below the level of Hot Wheels.
    I got it at a discount but certainly not worth the retail price.

I also almost bought the 512S longtail and the 512M but when I examined them more closely the same issues are apparent. The rear of the 512M is very iconic with the fat tires and open tail, which should give you a nice look at the suspension and engine detail. But Tecnomodel is worse than a Hot Wheels in that area. So I'm going to save up for the GMP 512M.

Best, Peter Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The 512m is a disaster..i skiped that one, like youni will fork the money for teh gmp..that one should be a stunner!
    i have the 512s codalunga and, looks nice, even if it lacks some detil has got a nic shelf presence. I also have the 365 p2 and agree with you but still think it displays well.

18. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Thanks for the review. Looksmart 1/18 product is kind of hit and miss. I would recommend the BBR option if it is available.

-F

19. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I agree but for the money Looksmart does make a complete model, with good paint and details but sometimes the shape can be a little off, see my comparison of the Looksmart and BBR 288 GTO I posted here a while ago.

Tecnomodel is comparable to MG Models with probably a little better in shape and a little less in detail. Compared to MG it's much cheaper but you can get better models with makes like CMF, CMR and KK-Scale.

I'm not complaining though. I view each model on their own merit and I'm not chained to one make. I'll be keeping the Tecnomodel 365 P2/3 because I like the shape of the model as well as in real life. I'll probably going to correct a few details, mainly toning down the chrome parts.

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It depends, i made a compairaison between the 330 tri from both and the looksmart wins, i had the bbr on order and i was able to switch it for the looksmart. Between looksmart and bbr concept 18/bluemoon there is absolutly no diference in terms of quality. Now if we talk about the more expensive BBR like the 250 TDF or the 275 gtb thats another story, but they also cost the double of a looksmart.

21. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  22. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  23. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Better than the CMF piece, and might be nice, but I can see windshield trim attachment problems, which is unfortunately typical of models from Matrix and many others made in China.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not a fan of the car itself....but could be a nice model..

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares