1/18 news | Page 22 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks, i noticed that, but i would prefer the af corse evrsion, and more so the 2017 livery so i 'll probably wait for thr next batch...

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Fantastic car, congratulations! I'd love to add a TdF to my collection and especially in this race livery but I can't justify the BBR price for a sealed resin model.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks Peter.
    I fully agree with you on the price, it's absurd....but when i saw the first images of the model i was hooked, and since i decided to sell almost all of my street cars to focus only on race cars, i was able to trade this one with the seller for 2 Elites and a Kyosho, and i've also done the same (more 3 elites) over a filipineti 275 gtb..wich i still haven't received. These cars go for more than 400€, i'm getting them for about 310, still a lot of money but since it was a trade, didn't bother me that much, and i must say that a couple of thsese ones make a lot more impression than a bunch of Elites.

5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Congratulations Pedro! That is a great looking model, and I agree with the direction you have taken with your collection. Even though the BBR models are somewhat overpriced, I have a few of them, and I believe that the overall quality and subject matter, will probably help these models hold their value in the future..... I might even have to add one of their TdF models to my own collection, but I'll wait for awhile until I see a color I want since I am sure they will offer many more versions as they have done with ALL of their models.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks Marshal, I'm also sure you'll find your favourite colour...they will surely make plenty diferent options, they already have with or without closed headlights...i confesse that for a road model i prefer the first, but as a race version, to me at least this was the version to have. It's a very delicate model but even my wife that doesn't care much for cars or models agreed it was stuning! Funny thing is, she does like the older ones, from the 50s and 60s but not so much for modern cars . Now i'm anxious to see the tecnomodel 512, if it's good enough i might buy it and skip the gmp, since that one will probably cost double the price!

7. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  9. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
  10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

Very nice model. On the Technomodel in 1:18 models, they always make the wheels way to large. Not a fan of this company as they make a lot of mistakes. They used to be alot better in the smaller scales.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's my opinion too Tom, their 1/43 models looked much better...but they do things no one else does, or in some cases (like the 750 monza) do for a lot more money (like MG model) and with similar if not better quality!

12. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
  13. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    yeah... BBR is going to produce 500 of the J50... we have time to purchase a copy... no rush required!!!

14. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    1/18 ordered.

-F

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Anyone has pictures of the driver's seat inside a 512m sunoco? Is it red or black?..i would say black but could be wrong, need a picture of it...

16. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, definitly looks black with blue seatbelts...both gmp and tecnomodel seem to have this wrong, picking red seats!!
    Thank you for teh pictures

18. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    Unfortunately there are many mistakes in all the model they sale.Also the Exoto sell tyres with the rigth Englebert words..but the thread is a Pirelli one!(500 F2 #18 yellow)..what a nigthmare!
    All the best,
    Alessandro

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, it's a shame they just don't care and don't even put an efford to get things right...but they still charge a bundle of money for the models!!

20. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Does anyone have the 312 T4 by GP Replicas? How's the quality? They've announced the F1 87/88 which I'de like to add to my collection. Just wondering if they're worth their price.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    carmodel just released pics from the 512m from tecno....for now only the plain red version...looks a bit cheap to me, i'll wait for the sunoco pics...but a bit disapointed so far...i was hoping to get this one and save some money..but not sure if i should wait for rhe GMP...

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Very disapointed, the rear wing looks like a bit of plastic, horrible!...i'm definitly star saving for the GMP, if it's any were near the other Ferraris they released it will be 100 times better than this!!

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Related, I received the 365 P2 by Tecnomodel this week. Definitely not worth the 200+ euro it is mostly advertised for (which I didn't pay anyway). CMR and KK-Scale have equal or better detail for less money.

24. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    I have this one on pre-order as well.
    I was lucky enough to be invited to the private unveiling of this car in Carmel in August 2015.
    The car was in this very livery.
    Cannot wait.