Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Special Projects & Concept Cars

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Joseph
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgck13 View Post
I am so used to seeing crazy fans frequent forums I failed to pick up on the sarcasm.

Which comment are you referring to? The neither P4 or P5?
That is how I understood it. The video host clearly labeled it wrong. Then Captain Obvious chimes in.

I was just browsing to recall what the P5 looked like. It appears Wikipedia has updated the section on your P3/4 Jim, citing sources from F-Chat. May have been there a while, but I just noticed it.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Tone Def
This thread is way too interesting to drop out.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Honorary

Full Name: Jim Glickenhaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosiron View Post
This thread is way too interesting to drop out.
Judging by the views it's still current. Hopefully the rain will abate this weekend in NY and I'll get in some good drives.

Hope U R well!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: goth
Hello Jim ....... I have to post, just to say how great your new signature is !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothspeed View Post
Hello Jim ....... I have to post, just to say how great your new signature is !!!
+1,000,000
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Bryant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latsyrc View Post
+1,000,000
x2. Its so simple and makes so much sense, I can't see how someone didn't think of it before lol.

Cheers.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

I'll take a stab

Quote:
Think of it this way. A Mideast Royal Family asked Ferrari to buy nine P 4/5's. I said no. It's not for sale nor will be in my lifetime nor do I think my son will wish to sell it either.

P 4/5 was built in a magic moment in time. For many reasons it's very unlikely that a similar car will ever be built again. One off, built and designed outside the system by Pininfarina without the prior consent of Ferrari, on a Ferrari Supercar chassis named after the founder, subsequently recognized as an official Ferrari and allowed to be so badged, given a unique model designation, that to date is the fastest fully world wide legal road Ferrari in existence, that has won the Prototype Class at Villa d'Este, The 2007 Italian Design Award, and has a fair number of Internet pages that mention it...

You tell me.

OK, Napolis . . . I'll take the challenge. (I know this is crass, but you asked the question, and everyone else is afraid to do it. I like answers, so here goes . . . )

Value of the "Package" that goes with the car is very valuable. Licensing rights, media, memorabilia and use will gradually decrease over time as the car ages. Then, at some point it will rise again -- as nostalgia, historical importance and other factors wax back into vogue.

The package, I'd value at $35 million, on a present value basis. Two years ago, in a better market I would have guessed it was over $40 million.

No insult intended. But I am a finance guy, and I just can't help myself.

(I have my grandfather's gold watch when he was named MVP of the KC League -- baseball -- in 1937. It is inscribed and all. It is probably worth $2,000 as a classic watch, but I wouldn't take a million for it.)

An oil sheik that wants 9 of them would likely pay you $45 million to license it--$5 million per copy, plus the cost of the car--a cool $10 million+ each.

Happy motoring.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive550PFB View Post
OK, Napolis . . . I'll take the challenge. (I know this is crass, but you asked the question, and everyone else is afraid to do it. I like answers, so here goes . . . )

Value of the "Package" that goes with the car is very valuable. Licensing rights, media, memorabilia and use will gradually decrease over time as the car ages. Then, at some point it will rise again -- as nostalgia, historical importance and other factors wax back into vogue.

The package, I'd value at $35 million, on a present value basis. Two years ago, in a better market I would have guessed it was over $40 million.

No insult intended. But I am a finance guy, and I just can't help myself.

(I have my grandfather's gold watch when he was named MVP of the KC League -- baseball -- in 1937. It is inscribed and all. It is probably worth $2,000 as a classic watch, but I wouldn't take a million for it.)

An oil sheik that wants 9 of them would likely pay you $45 million to license it--$5 million per copy, plus the cost of the car--a cool $10 million+ each.

Happy motoring.
Not a bad guess.

Best

PS. There may be an act 2 here. I am seriously investigating a proposal to make P 4/5 Competizione and enter her in a major 24 hour race. There are a LOT of stars that would have to align for this to happen but it's not impossible...

Last edited by Napolis; 06-22-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Tristan
Quote:

PS. There may be an act 2 here. I am seriously investigating a proposal to make P 4/5 Competizione and enter her in a major 24 hour race. There are a LOT of stars that would have to align for this to happen but it's not impossible...
That proposal sounds fantastic, here's hoping the stars align. If you don't mind me asking, what race and class are you considering?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc911 View Post
That proposal sounds fantastic, here's hoping the stars align. If you don't mind me asking, what race and class are you considering?
I can't say yet but it would be a serious effort at a major race and one that could have a chance to do well. I do think P 4/5 Competizione would get a sponsor a lot of exposure and put bums in seats. "Ferrari Chat" would look good at the top of the windshield...

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
F1 Veteran
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc911 View Post
That proposal sounds fantastic, here's hoping the stars align.

I'll 2nd that! Good luck Jim, I hope it happens.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
Quote:
I can't say yet but it would be a serious effort at a major race and one that could have a chance to do well. I do think P 4/5 Competizione would get a sponsor a lot of exposure and put bums in seats. "Ferrari Chat" would look good at the top of the windshield...

Maybe Ferrari needs a quality distraction from F1
Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
Talking

Quote:

So anyway...WAIT A SECOND, is this some foreshadowing Jim of what could possibly be the most amazing car ever?

!!!!

_J
Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: LaCrinoid
Quote:
Not a bad guess.

Best

Wow Jim, this would be so cool.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Isaac not Issac
Quote:

Being so close to a team that does well in GT1, and will do well in GT2... and acquaintances who have been involved with endurance racing for decades +... to make a serious effort with a strong chance of top contention would cost about 8-9 Royal cars. Luckily; FXX/ MC12 R have done a fair amount of developmental work already

GT1 seems to be slowly dying out, and P2 is as well...

Last edited by nthfinity; 06-22-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Go Kart for Kids someone is building.
Will it be for sale? (the go-kart)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: M
Cool

Just in case anyone forgot this wonderful p-shop from Mr. Van Den Brink...

I had to repost this because it was the only thing in this thread that got my blood racing more than the actual car itself...

A Competizione would be fantastic, Jim, even though it would differ slightly from the one envisioned here.

Here's another glass raised to your lucky stars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LM Racer NART small.JPG (222.4 KB, 566 views)
Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Frank
Quote:
I think I just pee'd myself a little in excitement over this brief yet powerful statement. May the stars align for you Jim, and for the P4/5C!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
Were ready for a sequel thread whenever you are Jim!!!

_J
Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Bryant
Oh boy... IF this goes through, it will be AMAZING!

Cheers and keep us updated.