Gray 94 348 Spider in San Antonio - buyer be prepared | FerrariChat

Gray 94 348 Spider in San Antonio - buyer be prepared

Discussion in 'Texas' started by LSU348, Feb 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Someone I know well recently viewed a 94 348 Spider in San Antonio that is for sale to check it out for a new FCA member here in Houston. Asking price is very low. There are significant title issues to overcome as well as some serious lack of needed service. I have no hard data like VIN, etc but if you are looking at a gray 94 348 Spider in or near San Antonio make sure you look that title over heavily and my exact advice is do not buy without employing a title company (aka - a title LAWYER). The price on the car is sub 50k but it has NEVER had a 30k on it...yes...12 year old belts baby!!! Person I spoke to also said the body may have been bent a tad and fixed to about 95% quality (side panel).

Just be a careful buyer. The person interested would have bought the car had the seller followed through as promised and passed on all information to the buyer's title agent. They did not so he bailed (and that is exactly what my advice over the phone was to him). I never spoke to the sellers so I can not personally give you a sleaze-o-meter reading (or lack thereof). My impression is said meter would break after pegging withing 20' of said test specimens.

-Mike

PS: If the above is not enough to scare you away PPI is spelled P P I! Get one! If the answer is "no" move on...FAST

2. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Have black finished wheels on it too?

I know the car. Thought he left for Dallas?

It's been spun and hit on the right front side. In fact I just sold some of the old parts off that car on ebay last week. Had the fender laying around here for a year or so. Artisans fixed it, if it is indeed the car I am thinking about.

Congrats on your spider purchase! Will you be in H town for the Il Lago thing? If so, see ya there.

Forza Ferrari!

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Then we just wait until that 348 headcase edition shows up on EBAY, thanks for the warning.

4. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I never asked about the rims. Not sure.

Will be in H town for the Il Lago as far as I know.

-Mike