2006 Chicago Auto Show Pics | FerrariChat

2006 Chicago Auto Show Pics

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Michael RPM, Feb 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    #1 Michael RPM, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pics from the show. The MC12 was pretty cool, and the two-tone paint job on the 612 takes some gettting used to, but I can see how it can grow on you. If I was Rolls Royce, I'd be calling my copywright lawyers as that is a picture of the concept Chrysler Imperial, and not a Phantom. And a little something for all the Sox fans out there!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    First they rip off Bentley, now Rolls Royce too?

Cool pics... the MC12 looks awesome in that color sheme.

3. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    wow i'm looking forward to the Maserati tomorrow! Nice to see something good cars at the show. I'll give you a call tomorrow when we get there Mike.

-Mike

4. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Is that F430 Spider Grigio Silverstone? If so, those are the colors I've ordered, although I ordered mine without the grey seat inserts.

5. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hi Doc,
    I think you are right about the spider. Good choice! It looked cool.

6. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    So I take it the Fxx was another Bull**** phantom lie by the chicago auto show?

7. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    KTG,
    I don't think the FXX was ever going to be there. They were lucky to show it in Detroit. It wasn't there today so I doubt they would bring it in for the public viewing, but you never know.

8. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
  9. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
  10. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Get it more accurate or not lie

couple years ago when the CGT came out....Nope. But it was on the site

11. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael

yea i know what you mean, i had been looking forward too see many cars only to be dissapointed....now i try not to get my hopes up!

-Mike

12. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Yeah, I was kinda disapointed I was leaving town when I saw the Fxx was supposed to be there, but from now on...the CAS is crossed off my list of things to see during the year.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice pics Mike. I'm looking forward to see a MC12 in the metal. That's just awesome, along with that F430 Challenge car.

I like the Scag in bicolor. I also thought they looked neat in their bicolor trim they used in China (along with that cool dragon on the hood).

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Thank you for the insider pics Michael,

I agree with Tifosi12 that the Scag looks great in two tone, I bet it can dwindle down the bloated look it carries now. I think I overheard a rumor that DaytonaRick owns that MC12, but since its not a Ferrari he doesn't dare mention that to HuskerBill who wouldn't give him any respect for an American Ferrari let alone a spin off Enzo/Maser creation/bastard... don't like the pics of the race prep F430. Perhaps when I see it in person as I liked the inside of the 360CS more so than the outside changes.

Some copies are not too bad MikeAR. For example my Dad has both worlds in a Chrysler 300, two Rollers, and one Bentley on the way. Out of the current three he has now I still like the American for ride/performance, even style and the durabilty is obviously the best. But on others, not so much. I remember the nasty looking Hummer ripoff from 3 to 4 years ago from a noted name. It was such a copy that the idea faded fast when no orders and a lawsuit to change things so minute like the holes in the grill came forward. But other copies, like the GT, I see as a tribute. The Chysler, an American take on a hot rod mixed with Euro style. I have no idea what Benz is thinking with the very plain and boxy looking new S class. Supposedly the engine and interior is supposed to be large steps forward but the body style leaves me thinking a bit more could have been done especially compared to the agressive yet business sleek look of the S55 or S65.

RocketBoy

PS: Im still not going to the show, would rather see the cars in a dealer if I actually had business to be there or was invited.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Awww MAN!!! Don't tell me that now I have to bring MY FXX down there!!!!.:)

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe.

But that is really a bit of a blow. I honestly wonder whether I'll ever get to see a FXX in the metal. They are so darn rare. At least the MC12 is there. Another rare bird.

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
  18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter

I am in LOVE with that color combo, VERY sharp IMHO. Congrats!

Is the Ferrari and Maserati area combined? I got an invite from FNA for the Ferrari section but would love to wander over to the Maserati area as well.

Also, I believe that isn't an MC12 but rather an MCC?

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, combined.

What's an MCC or what's the difference to a MC12?
    With that rear spoiler and the rear end treatment it does look like a MC12 to me.

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #20 Townshend, Feb 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The MCC is the former name for the MC12 Competizione which is tailored more for the race track I believe. The regular MC12 looks like this:

21. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    That scag looks kool....

I may be on an island by saying that but I like it anyway. These are all great pics!

V.C.

22. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Many thanks to tifosi12!

Ok, i still have to determine which car is that MC12/MCC: it is a sort of mistery to me.
    The road car MC12 has a different colour scheme, it is called CA.MO.RA.DI. (CAsner MOtorsport RAcing DIvision, a homage to the team that made great the Type 61 Birdcage, which had the same livery), plus a different rear spoiler, and the front fenders are not that wide.
    This one has many parts of the MCC, the racing version: i do believe it is like the MCC show car, the one with the big trident on the rear hood/trunk, if you remember it, only with a different colour scheme.
    I knew that 2 cars were property of Maserati S.p.A. : a road car, whose VIN number should be ZAMDF44B000012081, and a racing car, which should be this one.
    But i have many pics of this particular racing car with the Viper GTS colour scheme, pics taken in the USA.
    Like i said, it is a mistery to me.