Crystal Cove the first weekend in March? | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove the first weekend in March?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Adrenln328, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    You folks have posted so many great pictures & comments about Crystal Cove that I'm anxious to attend the first weekend in March, when I'm coming to So Calif to go to the "First of the Season F-1" gathering with my son & Ferrari buddies. Hope a lot of you & your Ferraris will be at Crystal Cove that weekend, but if that isn't happening, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Byron from Wa State, (currently "working" half days in Kauai till next week.)

2. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I live in Huntington Beach and go to Crystal Cove regularly. It is awesome. I am glad to see more fellow ferrari guys coming to this weekly event. Come early or there will be no spots. 7:00 Am is the latest or you will be parking on the outskirts and we will not be able to get the cars together. Please email me with questions @ [email protected]. Lets try and get a drive organized.

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If the weather is nice there will be a lot of people there!!!

4. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    Hey Scott, I see you are an HB local. I live over on 20th first block. are you friends with paul K. and Mark G. We usually have about 6-8 Ferraris that drive down to Crystal Cove on Saturday's. Are you available this Saturday morning? Let me know and I can get everyone together. Is your car the red/tan coupe in front of 24 hr fitness in the mornings? Do you know steve P. he has the red 360 coupe and the new 360 spider?

5. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Just a heads up - as you know, management at CC has been trying to push the "car thing" out of their facility. Lots of reasons, but not germaine. Nonetheless, I have spoken with the State Park Rangers and Park management, and they are aware of the issue. Across the street, on the ocean side, is Reef Point. Beautiful spot. Not quite as large a parking area. North about 1/2 mile is Los Trancos parking area, which has 400 spots. I have spoken with them about allowing a catering truck in with high-end coffee and pastries, and we are working through details that are not insurmountable. Looks like it could happen.

I will let everyone know if this is going to happen. I will work with management at CC to put signs up if we are to move it. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Jim S.

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    My girlfriend and I will be in town that weekend as well. We want to meet up with everyone at the Cove if it's going to happen but we'll go wherever the party goes. I'll keep checking this forum to see if anything changes.

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hi Jerry - No I don't know those other guys. Mine is a Tit/blk coupe. Sure I'd be up for it this Saturday. Btw, I e-mailed your buddy re: the Diabetes event. Sounds like fun!

Jim S. - Hopefully that transition doesn't happen until they practically kick us out of there. Nothing beats that CC location and I think that if they continue to enforce "the rules" everything should be OK. Thanks for working on a back-up plan. Someone needs to sweet talk that lady that cruises around with that "panicky" look on her face all the time. She probably doesn't want to have to get up early Saturday mornings so even that could kill it.

Augustine - Yea, we'll look forward to seeing you then!