Time for a Good Deed: Rides for Sick Kids THIS SATURDAY @ LOBC | FerrariChat

Time for a Good Deed: Rides for Sick Kids THIS SATURDAY @ LOBC

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by noahlh, Nov 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Ladies & Gents,

Apologies for the last-minute notice, but I've been organizing a pretty special event over the past few weeks, and I'd like to invite some f-chatters to attend.

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of being introduced to a family whose child is currently undergoing aggressive chemotherapy in NYC, and who is currently living at the Ronald McDonald House on the Upper East Side (RMH, in case you haven't heard of them, is basically a 'home away from home' for kids around the world who are getting treatment here in NYC for various severe illnesses).

This kid, Dylan, told a mutual friend that his dream was to get a ride in.....a red Ferrari convertible. One phone call later and I was at their doorstep, and we had a terrific afternoon cruising through Times Square in the 360 Spider.

Obviously some other parents saw this and asked for the same for their kids...so a few weeks later we took the 360 Coupe & Spider back to RMH and gave two more kids "dream rides". Sure enough, more and more kids & parents appeared and asked for rides, and the idea was born to rally some support from exotic car owners in the tri-state area and "make a day of it."

So that's what we're doing this Saturday, November 26th.

We've arranged for a private bus to pickup 30+ kids from the Ronald McDonald House and bring them out to Lamborghini Bergen County in Lodi, NJ. There, a bunch of us will meet them, show off our toys, and take these kids for quick spin that they'll remember for the rest of their lives. This way, there are no sad kids, sad parents, or anyone at all to feel left out.

This is where you guys come in -- if you are around Saturday morning and can spare an hour or two to make a sick kid's dream come true, them please come by!

(Also, please don't be offended, but we're ideally aiming for folks with modern exotics -- 360s, CSs, 430s, Murcies, Gallardos, etc. You all know how kids are, and they want the latest and greatest.)

LoBC will be providing a fully catered breakfast, so please RSVP here so we know to expect you.

==================================
    Ronald McDonald House "Dream Rides for Kids"

Saturday November 26, 2005 - 10am - 1pm

Lamborghini of Bergen County
    340 Essex Street
    Lodi, NJ 07644
    ==================================

--Noah

2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Kudos, Noah! Gotham Dream Cars steps up to the plate!
    Mad props for extending the GDC fleet to the RMH house and for LoBC
    for helping out. This is what it's about, folks!

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great idea!

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GREAT IDEA NOAH

I DO HAVE PRE MADE FAMILY PLANS THAT DAY, BUT MAYBE I CAN SWING IT TILL 12.00 AND BRING THE 550

TO GET THERE, WHAT EXIT # OFF RTE 80 ??? OR BETTER THE PARKWAY ???? COMING FROM RTE 78 TO 80 ??

THANKS

BRUCE

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    BRUCE: RT 80 EAST TO RT 17 NORTH EXIT.

THIS PLOPS YOU PERFECTLY IN THE VICINITY

A QUICK LEFT ON THE EXIT RAMP (BACK OVER 80)

AND A QUICK RIGHT AT THE LIGHT ONTO ESSEX ST.

LOBC IS MAYBE 1 MILE DOWN THE ROAD ON THE RIGHT

6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Noah I dont know what else to say but wow! Its great that you can put something like this together and put a lasting memory in families lives. You know if I had a Ferrari I would be there :)

7. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Not even a mile...come on up Bruce. It'll be worth the trip...and everyone loves your 550! :)

8. CitySnake

CitySnake Rookie

Mar 19, 2004
    Ground Zero, USA
    Full Name:
    City
    Are you looking for other marques? If I post this on the Viper Forum, I'd imagine you'd pick up a few more cars.

Scott
    NY/CT VCA President

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    THANKS CLYDE, THANKS ERIC

ISNT THERE AN ESSEX ST EXIT OFF RTE 17??

SO, YOUR TELLING ME TO TAKE FROM MY HOUSE

RTE 78 TO 287N TO 80E TO THE RTE 17N EXIT, GET OFF RAMP, MAKE LEFT AND GO OVER 80, A QUICK RIGHT, AND ILL BE ON ESSEX ST ?? THEN A MILE MORE ????

10. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SCOTT

GREAT OF YOU TO POST THAT

SPEAKING FOR NOAH, IM SURE SOME VIPER EXOTICS WOULD HELP THE CAUSE AND PUT SOME SMILES ON THESE POOR KIDS..

BRUCE ( CHIEF BALL BUSTER- FERRARICHAT)

11. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    You can actually get to Essex Street directly off of Rt. 80. Here is the map which shows the exit.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=340+Essex+St&csz=Lodi+NJ&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

So take exit #63 toward PARAMUS/ROCHELLE PK off of Rt 80. Turn left on RIVERVIEW AVE at end of exit ramp. Go 0.1 mi & then turn right on ESSEX ST - go 0.6 mi and you're at LOBC.

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

13. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm going to try to make it for a bit, if I can get out of work. Eric, let's coordinate.

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I am ABSOLUTELY IN. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

17. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Yeah, Brucie... Im already IN there. If you are uncertain where youre going, I'd be glad to meet you at Bograd's and take you the rest of the way.

Call TTG and see if he's got a coupla hours to spare also!

GG

18. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I personally wouldn't not come if your in an older ferrari, As opposed to noahs views that these kids want the latest and greatest. Most of them wont be able to tell a ferrari from a fiero, so bring em all out, I am sure you wont be out there with an empty seat!

19. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

20. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I think that's incredible what you're planning for these kids. I really wish I could attend to put a smile on a child's face.. especially one that could really use a lift like that! Unfortunately, I havent had a Saturday off in years. I work a very non-conventional schedule. I hope the weather is great for your event.

It puts things in perspective and makes you appreciate what Thanksgiving is all about and how lucky some of us truly are.

21. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    You guys are flat-out awesome. Bruce, thanks so much for joining us -- really looking forward to seeing you!

Everyone else -- tomorrow's gonna be the crazy last-minute planning day, so expect phone calls :)

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Noah I should be able to make this. Great idea by the way.

23. Danny Phantom

Danny Phantom Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
  24. FazTaz

FazTaz Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Would you guys have space for a Maserati Spyder and an E55. Also maybe you should inform the local police so they are not as "ticket friendly"

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore