Premier wrapped my 430 today | FerrariChat

Premier wrapped my 430 today

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gary(SF), Oct 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm very impressed with their work on this very extensive job. In addition to the usual bumper and fender coverage, they did the full hood, mirrors, rockers, lower doors,, a-pillars, intakes, and probably more I'm forgetting. They had a crew of four and were here from 10 to 6:30 or so. Beautiful, flawless work. They were shooting a lot of photos, so hopefully Sam will jump in with some.

Highly recommended!

Gary

2. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Good stuff, Gary! I was talking to Sam about doing my car as well. I saw one of the 360s they did at the meet in San Ramon last weekend. I was definitely impressed!

3. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    said it before and i will say it again, there is nobody in premier's league doing this kind of work ( clear bra installations) sammy and the crew just did a second job on fellow f- chatter richard scherer's new range rover, full custom job to cover the whole hood. and of course it looks outstanding!!. if you drive your car at all you must have premier protect your car , to not do so is at your peril.

4. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    #4 Premier Protective Films, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Gary. It was a great pleasure to work on your machine. At least now Diane could drive w/o worrying about her causing a chip or two on the front end. :) For those who haven't seen Gary's 430, this is one clean car!

How was the air show today Gary? It was a pretty nice day today.......unfortunately, we had to work. :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Very nice work, Sam!

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The weather was gorgeous, and the Blue Angels did enough of their work right over the park that we all went home with stiff necks! Many nice comments on your work at the show. Send me some business cards, I forgot to get some from you before you left.

Gary

7. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Will send it out along with your Premier Certificate. Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

8. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Incredible job as always Sam. Can't wait till our appointment to get mine done.

9. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Uh....it had *better* be! Not to sound like a schmuck, but I'd be surprised if a 430 were anything less than clean - it's a brand new car.

10. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Of course it's clean, but what I was referring to was the color combo and the whole package. Thanks for Trying to correct me.

11. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Wow! Looks amazing. Can you post pics of where seams are? Beautifal car, BTW. M

12. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Seams are hidden in panel gaps.

13. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Does that mean entire front of car is wrapped? Question is about left and right fenders, where is the break if you do full hood?

BTW, I have spoken to you before, and will use your services on 430/600, so please explain for future reference. I have 3M products now and while Ok, I feel are inferior to your products/services. Thanks! M

14. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    #14 Premier Protective Films, Oct 12, 2005
    The fender areas only cover up to the side of the lights. This is the only area where the film will show slightly, but only at certain angles. This area, we tucked around toward the trunk area and to the bottom gap to make it easier to clean....this way, dirt collection and wax build-up is minimal. We are working with a film manufacturer to provide us exclusively with a 60" roll, which could essentially wrap any fender or panel. ETA on this would be early next year (Feb). Here are some more pics of Gary's queen. :)

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So Gary, suffice it to say that these guys should do my 360 after the front bumper gets redone? And, do they put the big thick pieces over the headlights, or do you get those from somewhere else. Forgive my ignorance.
    :)

16. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    They are the best I've seen at what they do. They do the headlights, but use the same mil as the rest of the car. They don't recommend the thicker film. I'm inclined to go with their suggestions.

Gary

17. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    mike, i would have them protect your whole front area except the bumper as SOON as i am done with your detail, then have them(premier) wrap your bumper after it is painted.

18. Supercharged

Supercharged Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    #18 Supercharged, Oct 15, 2005
  19. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Wow Gary. Knowing that you have been in the circle for quite some time and saying that we're the "best" that you've seen means a lot to us. We are constantly perfecting our techniques and to hear such a comment is an added incentive for us to push paint protection film craftsmenship to a new level.

Thanks Sean @ Discover Automotive and Bob @ AutoConcierge for your continued support!

20. sobe

sobe Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2005
    LA/Miami
    one of the most complete jobs I have ever seen ... 4 guys on your car for 8+ hours .... may I ask what was the cost ?

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Is there any chance of paint damage while cutting the film on the car?

22. Supercharged

Supercharged Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Sam

It’s one thing for a shop to be supportive of a vendor its another for us to rave about the job you did to our personal cars.

The one thing that I did not mention is the dealership had put the 3M clear bra on before we took ownership of the car. Sam actually removed the clear bra (with under 100 miles on the car) and replaced it with his system.

I’d do it again in a heartbeat.. in fact we recommend it to all our clients.

Sean

23. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    When Premier installed the film on my cars, Sam would never hesitate to lift the film up to reassure me that there are no cuts beneath the film. I've actually had them replace the film before because of 2 different accidents that I was in. I was always amazed to see the fresh coat of film without any cuts. They are true masters at their art.

24. speedvet

speedvet Rookie

Dec 20, 2004
    I can also vouch for Premier et.al. There's an absolute chance of cutting paint. How do I know? It happened to me from Clear Armour. These guys took it pretty deep on the mirror and bumper of my M3. As a matter of fact, my friend purchased a CLK55 recently that had Clear Armour on it. When the hood piece was replaced by Premier, there was a deep paint cut. All I can say is Sam's knowledge and skill level is second to none. They showed me several times after trimming on the car how it didn't damage the paint. After 3 or 4 times, I stopped worrrying. On my M3, they charged about $1000 and on my 996tt, it was about $2000.
    Hi Supercharged. When you had it redone, did you get a refund from your previous bra guy? I took it back to Stongard and had it refunded. Then had Clear Armour bra the car, but was not happy, so I had Premier fix everything.

25. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Gary,

Do you have more photos of your F430s interior? Love the Grigio Titanio/Bordeaux combo, just curious how it looks on F430s. What color stitching and option did you go with? I PM you last year reguarding your TDF360, Im a big fan of TDF's, Azzuro, Pozzi, anything Blue :) Glad to see another F-car protected :)

Thanks in advance!

Bhane