All Apologies... | FerrariChat

All Apologies...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Before i go home and drink myself to a stupor, i'd like to extend my apologies to those people of FerrariChat whom i inadvertently offended with my profanity and colorful language/phrases/descriptions...

Please note, i'm not sorry for the things i've said, i'm merely sorry that i might have offended some folks, in the process... There are select people who i INTENDED to offend; i do not extend this apology to those people...

My plentiful post count and boisterious, sometimes flamboyant, happy-go-lucky attitude and enthusiasm are frivolously targeted far too often, with no real merit behind the attacks... Today was not a good day for me to just grin and bear it...

Some people obviously have a problem with me; if so, they should just come out and let me know or merely put me on ignore... Snide comments and nasty hints here and there don't help any...

Again, to those people with whom i have no problem, if you were offended by my choice language earlier, in this thread, please accept my apology.

Good night.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hey NNO...I rarly get involved in flame wars but I do beleive you were correct in coming down on those guys. This site has been steadaly been degrading. Somebody had to finaly stand up and give them a tast of there own medician. You use of words could have been a little better but you definatly got to pint across in a manner i which I doubt they will forget.

NNO Even though I have never met you you seem to be a good guy with good intentions. In all the posts you have had in the past,I have never once seen you lash out to anybody in the manner displayed in that thread. I really hope evrything is o.k.

3. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Same here.

Take it easy... hope your week picks up.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Don't worry about the little people NNO ;)

Pins&Needles obviously as an inadequacy problem with comments like this:

So what he is saying is the posting a lot on a forum is not the done thing, er ... dude wake up and smell the roses that is the whole point of a forum.

BTW it is not the FerrariOwnersChat.com, and also if you ever do buy a Ferrari it will not over come that sort of inferiority complex you are building.

So NNO don't rise to the bait, they are just trolls.

Pete

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Lol! I missed that entire thread! Damn!

Glad you showed your true colors though! Now that youve been a bad Posterboy, no more Ferrari rides for you! Trailer trash, as ive said from the beginning.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    ditto

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Take the high road, buddy. We all have our bad days.

I'm in financial difficulty until my loans start coming back to me.

I got into an accident on Friday night, someone who emergency braked 20 ft from the crosswalk on a 10 second yellow light, it was slick, my brakes were cold, we were travelling at the same velocity 2 car lengths apart, and I found out what happens when 4800lbs meets 2200lbs. The car is now in the shop for front end damage (their bumper is headlight level on my car).

My job situation is up in the air and I'm moving back to Burbank, but I don't know when yet, it could be May, June, or July.

Can't move in with the g/f because of said job issues, she's now tied down to school and not ready to move for a couple months, so our time is limited together.

I'm having trouble finding a place to stay for the time I'll be down here in San Diego, so my living situation is also in flux.

I'm thankful for family and friends. Health, and the rest of it, will slowly take care of itself. I hope.

Sleep well.

Sunny

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow, me too. Guess working for a living does have its benefits.

Folks, take it from one who rountinely has to deal with people in an adversarial role, e.g, the IRS, gutter language doesn't work anymore. If you really want to flame someone, do it in the cleanest way possible and with a smile on your face. It is much more effective.

Dr "Cuts like a knife" Tax

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Carbon,

Don't sweat it bro. Those of us that know the real you know that you are the real deal. Have a relaxing night and I'll talk to you in the morning.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    No worries carbon...Maybe your comments were a bit offensive, but you have the charachter to apologize...The way I look at it though, is that they are just idiots anyway, so who cares. The majority of people still love you here :) The others don't remember what it was like to be a non owning enthusiast and are too caught up in their own arrogant image to sympathize with your passion.

Dont stress out about it...its not really a big deal. We have all made mistakes...You are still a better person than they are... You will still get your Ferrari too :)

Nothing is the end of the world, so just continue on!

11. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Jordan has a PM. Two actually.

Hey Des, have a shot or two for my sake!!

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I seem to know how you are Carbon and who really cares. Sometimes people jsut react when they get upset in ways they wouldnt. Its cool.

13. nart2222

nart2222 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003

~~Before i go home and drink myself to a stupor,~~

Fchats finest!!

Complete and total trailer trash...and I'm sorry for insulting trailer trash by associating this sick abhorant social reject with them.

N

14. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    [Again, to those people with whom i have no problem, if you were offended by my choice language earlier, in this thread, please accept my apology.

Good night.[/QUOTE]

Accepted

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nart2222 shut the fck-up...fined somthing else to do with your time.

why do you insist on continuing with this type of behaviour?

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Bakowsky, thank you; sure the language was offensive but there was a method to my madness; i see you saw it... :)

Me too, Mike, me too...

PSK, thanks; sometimes, you just have to let loose, though, you know...?

Allan, go suck a - ahem, go forth and be carnal with the reproductive organs of a dead mammal...

Thanks, West Coast Gus... :)

Sunny, dude... Sounds like you're having a sh_tty week; i'm sorry, man, i hope it gets better...

Dale, gutter language was the only way i could communicate with these low lifes... You see the responses i got, right...? Overwhelming...

East Coast Jerry, give me a call later, we'll shoot the sh_t... How was Egg Shell City today...? Make any sales...?

Jordan, thanks buddy... but there were no mistakes made today; i knew i would be starting an apology thread before i said anything about any dead monkey's vagina; i knew i would offend people i didn't want to offend, but it was a course i decided to take anyway... Thanks for the kind words, though... i appreciate it...

Impala, i'm glad you see where i'm coming from... i read about the day you had yesterday; my deepest sympathies, that's a sh_tty birthday to have... For what it's worth, Happy Birthday; i hope it only gets better than it was yesterday...

Jason, all i have is bottles of wine, but a glass (if i use one, remember i'm trailer trash) will definitely go bottoms up in your honor...

Nart, i wasn't aware that purposeful consumption of alcohol with the intention of acheiving inebriation constituted being "trailer trash"... Please, enlighten us all with other meanings of life, as well...

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    psst..hey NNO...Thats a "y" not an "i" :)

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sorry. :)

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    By "East Coast Jerry" I assume you mean our friend Bullfrog.

Well, as they say in the business...."He couldn't sell sex to the Navy" today. Maybe tomorrow. Buona notte mio amico. :)

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um... Yeah... You too...

21. nart2222

nart2222 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003

Personally I think you should STFU first and foremost. The abhorant behaviour exhibted today combined with the vulgarity is inexcusable. To try and excuse such behaviour is absurd!

N

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You didn't ansewer my question Nart2222... Are you able too?

23. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Alright enough already he appologized (sp?) in public what more do we need lets lay off him .

24. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nart2222.

Chill, NNO is just a kid trying to have a good time. He lost his cool, and apologized to the best of his ability in an effort to put it behind him.

He's giving it his best shot to move on, so should you. (And the rest of you guys, too. AllanLambo can you hear me?)

If you don't like the guy, ignore him, then maybe you'll get lucky and he'll do the same with you.

can we get back to talking cars, at least occasionally, where the profanity is a result of an obnoxious bill, not an rude or obnoxious comment.

You, and NNO are entitled to your opinions, but, maybe everyone who got tangled up in this thread, or two, or three, today, should taka a pill, relax, and find something MORE WORTHY of your attention, or anger, or agnst.

Just my 2 cents worth, give or take a penny.

25. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Jason, all i have is bottles of wine, but a glass (if i use one, remember i'm trailer trash) will definitely go bottoms up in your honor...

Now come on if you are good trailor trash you have Mad Dog and you don't need no stinkin glass for that :)