328 Console Removal - Half Way Done Need Help!!! | FerrariChat

328 Console Removal - Half Way Done Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chiaro_Slag, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #1 Chiaro_Slag, Nov 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, I am really hoping someone can help. Attach is my center console as it currently sits. I have removed several parts and screws. Questions remaining are :

1) How to remove Lighter?
    2) How to remove remaining switches (The rocker switches and the 4 other switches - Antenna, rear defroster, etc).
    3) How to remove warning lights.

Am I missing anything else? I have read through the archives & can't quite find what I'm looking for. :-(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The heater controls just press in with plastic clips at the front and rear. They can be pushed up from underneath or carefully pryed up from above.

Once those are out, you can push up the four rocker switches from underheath.

With those out of the way, you'll see a screw at the back. There's another under where the ashtray was. With those two screws out, the top of the panel lifts off. (Glove box open)

You can then get to the lighter and rocker switch frame from the back. (Mark any wires you have to unplug from the heater/rocker switches and lighter so you can put them back right.)

3. atheyg

atheyg Guest

The lighter has a locking spring you turn on the back, just unplug it and push and turn

The rocker switches you can get to after you push out the heater controls, you need to push just the switches out from the back, then you will see 2 small phillips head screws to remove the plastic frame, then you can remove the console cover if needed.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks guys - I'm trying to be careful not to break anything - It's a bit tricky!