Roebling Fall FCA track event - OCT 28-29 | FerrariChat

Roebling Fall FCA track event - OCT 28-29

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by atlantaman, Jun 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Currently we are scheduled for Nov 28th and 29th at Roebling. This is a Friday-Saturday event.

Before the FCA will move forward with planning , we need to get a head count of people interested for this event.

Please post a response here or contact me at CICatlanta@aol

2. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    WHOOPS!!!!

Make that October 28-29

3. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    the October 28-29 track days are CONFIRMED

we are hoping to have a Friday Saturday TRACK session with an informal concours/brunch Sunday AM wrapping up by 1pm Sunday.

4. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    Charles I will be there and will pass the word around.I know of 3-5 others in SC who may also attend. Will call you this weekend Buddy

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    yep, will be there

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    One of the problems in the past was security for the cars and parking in Savannah.

I am investigating using the Savannah Westin Hotel this year as they have great parking and even an indoor convention center that we may be able to park in and a golf course area for the concourse.

http://www.westinsavannah.com/

It is across the river from downtown with regular shuttle boats going back and forth...

7. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    What about Non-Ferrari cars owned by Ferrari Club Members. Will they be allowed this year?

Don't worry, the Lambo is staying home but I am thinking about bringing the 944 or the M3 or the tahoe.

8. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Eh? Didn't realize you had an M3.

9. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    it is not likely that non ferraris will be allowed as we will lose our sponsorship money.
    we will have to wait till the date draws closer to finalize this.

10. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    The Westin is a good choice. I kept my Ferrari there two years ago for the Roebling event. They've got a big lot, and I'm sure they could section off a piece of it. Also, depending on the number of cars, they have significant parking right near the traffic circle of the hotel in the front. Probably 10-12 cars worth that would be completely out of the normal lot. The convention center is also next door. If there's no big convention that weekend they have a covered garage that would be available.

They also have the golf/resort lot. It's a bit of a walk from the hotel, but also lots of space that is pretty private. My company does some work with them, so if you need a contact I'm sure I could help.

11. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    FYI to all, if we get enough interest for non Ferrari/Maserati cars, we can allow them but as a separate run group.

12. UberVier

UberVier Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    Asheville
    Full Name:
    Mark

Good idea. I don't want so much slow traffic :p

13. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Isn't it all about generating $$$ for the club. There has been less and less interest every year ( unfortunately)
    Ferraris or not, who cares. I have owned all different makes and you can make them all fly around the track and share the fun.

Of course we don't want to embarass any Ferrari guys.
    May be that's a problem. If it is, I can turn things down a couple of notches.

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    The goal is only to break even on the event, not to generate profit for anybody.

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    There are other issues involved with letting non-Ferraris on the track. You can have guys with Toyotas or other nice but lower dollar cars who drive wacky around the Ferraris and may cause more in minor damage to an F-car than their entire car is worth. They don't necessary have the same kind of respect and don't necessarily play well with others. Or you get a Lambo or Viper guy who feels he needs to show up the Ferraris. In fact, we even occasionally have Ferrari guys who aren't respectful of other Ferrari owners... but they don't get invited back.

Of course, those are bad apples, and most people are not like that. But it only takes one or two to spoil an otherwise nice day. Plus, as Charles has mentioned, dealer-sponsors that help to subsidize the event and keep the registration costs down for the rest of us *do* get to influence some aspects of the event (as they should).

That being said, we do like to have many of our events as "Ferraris and Friends" where we can invite owners of other sports cars, and I enjoy them very much and have swapped rides (and keys) with a lot of very nice owners of very nice non-Ferrari cars. But sometimes I also like to go to a Ferrari-only event with others of the same "brotherhood".

Mike

16. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    A note here to input:
    The Weston hotel is overbooked already for this weekend. I am heading down next week to "shop around" for a suitable alternative and a meeting with the weston.

17. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    I tracked my 360 Spider at VIR with the FCA event at the end of April. Will this event have a run group for Spiders as well? Also, I will have a car other than a Ferrari or Maserati to run as well if allowed. I was tracking my Maser so much it was depleting my wallet for tires, break pads and rotors. I have since selected something a little lighter, in weight and on my wallet, since I am doing so many track events.

18. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    It depends on the track policy, but generally 360 spiders are OK because they have integral roll bars, unlike 355 and 348 spyders.

19. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    We have a tentative idea of running a class for "non-ferrari" cars. the group will be kept small likey to 10-12 cars and they will not be mixing with the ferraris in their run groups. There will likely be 3 groups, 1) Ferrari only intermediate 2) Ferrari advanced 3) others-all levels.

Non-Ferrari entrants will be chosen on campatibility, obviously it would be dangerous to have a Fiat at 80mph running with a bunch of Lambo's and Porsches at 120mph.......

More to follow

PS--I could use some volunteers for sign in and organizing -----

20. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright

Bring the Ultima.

ken

21. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
  22. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I would not be able to make Friday. Can I pay for Sat only?

23. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    for those of you that have not seen the NY posts--another driver was killed this weekend at Watkins Glen at a track day.....this is happening way too often.

I am working to get a couple of instructors lined up for us.

24. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Spent all day today looking at hotels in Savannah.

Planters Inn--189 with separate garage and 12/nite
    Marriott--179 attached garage at 12/nite

NEW---Doubletree and Hilton Garden inn side by side on Bay street---
    159.00 at double tree and 149 at Garden Inn--both with under building parking at 7.00 / nite....

I think the Doubletree is our best bet--a completely new ground up building...

Also there is a Hilton Garden Inn at Savannah Airport that is new and secure at 96.00 /nite for those that want a no-frills bed and are not coming to mingle downtown..

25. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I sent you a Personal Message. Do those things work?

Karl