News! NAPerformance F355 Manifolds Show Performance Gains! | FerrariChat

News! NAPerformance F355 Manifolds Show Performance Gains!

Discussion in '348/355' started by RossoCorsaItaly, Jun 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #1 RossoCorsaItaly, Jun 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So after many people doubted we would get more then 4-5rwhp out of our F355 test car (including myself!) We dyno'd a peak gain of 15whp and showed 25whp gains on certain RPM's compared to stock. The low-end of the F355 was vastly changed, it actually has much more torque and power on the low end to play with. The mid-range torque and hp were also greatly increased and whenever the stock F355 gets close to redline it it starts to lose momentum. Our test car with F355 manifolds dyno'd 16whp more at redline.

Now we were also running fairly rich after installing these manifolds so if we leaned the car out a bit we could easily get another 10whp out of it. Meaning our manifolds can give 25whp peak and gains of 35whp throughout certain rpm points compared to stock.

Does it get better? Yes, this car was on stock catalytic converters. Don't even get me started on if we had no cats and a leaner car the gains would have been even more amazing.

So a breakdown of the F355 manifolds in a nutshell:

-They greatly improve power over the stock ones. Your F355 will be and feel much faster after installing these.

-These do not crack like the stock ones and that's one less problem you have to worry about.

-These are 1/2 the price of the factory ones.

-With heatwrap and the optional ceramic coating engine bay tempratures are reduced drastically.

- The quality on these is superb, just take a look at the pictures.

- These are easier to install then the factory units so you'll save yourself 15-20% of time as opposed to the factory units.

- These come with a lifetime warranty, anything happens to them and we replace them, no questions asked.

Now I can go on and on all day but I'll let you make the wise choice.

Price:$2,999.99 (discounts available for ferrarichat members that are rossa or silver subscribed)

To purchase contact [email protected] or 405-255-1803 we are also going to start wholesaling these to other dealers so I will keep you contacted on who else you can purchase these from. You can also purchase at the below link.

http://store.yahoo.com/nonturbo/naf3he.html

Any questions guys feel free to ask, I'm available during normal business hours but for ferrarichat members anytime is fine 24/7.

Forza,
    Kevin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  3. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  4. tonyyoshi

tonyyoshi Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Tony Brooker
    Please let us 5.2 owners know the min they are available for us! Order will then be imminent!

5. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    5-7 days from when I get a 5.2 car or the headers from a 5.2.

I'll gladly pay to ship anybody's headers and they will receive a very large discount.

Forza,
    Kevin

6. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    are there ging to be heat shields on these? when are the ones for the 96 and above 355 going to be out? Anyone put these on? how is the fit.

then look great, i'll need a set.

ken

7. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ken,

Heatshields are available but ceramic coating is much better and will keep your manifolds cooler then heatshield. I can do heatshields.

The ones for 96+ F355 will be out as soon as I get a set of 96+ F355 manifolds in or a 96+ F355 in. All I really need is the manifolds and you guys are looking at 5-7 days, if it's a car it might be a bit longer.

I've sold a few sets already to guys on here with the 2.7 version. However only person that actually has a set installed on his car is Lusso64. A few other guys should have some installed shortly.

The fitment is great, if you look I said about 5-6 weeks ago that I would have these out in 3-4 weeks but it took 5-6 weeks, why? Because I kept modifying fitment, making flanges, etc until everything fit 100% perfect, I do NOT sell a half assed product and that was the reason for the extra couple of weeks.

Forza,
    Kevin

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Kevin, still waiting for a reply from my last email to you.

Jeff

9. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Jeff,

I believe I replied, let me resend it.

Forza,
    Kevin

10. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    A big thankyou for posting the before/after dyno results as they provide the basis for much more informed discussion over advocacy and hype.

Assume for a moment the dyno results are generally replicable -- which is always a question of course. I'd be inclined to draw three conclusions;

1) The HP gains -- around 25 at 8500 rpms -- would probably not be detictable by MOST 355 drivers, unless they are tracking the car and driving it at high speeds. Then, 25 more rwhp -- increasing from say 310 to 327 newar the top end of the rpm band -- may make the difference between win/loose just as F1 shifters probably will over a stick.. Otherwise, I'd speculate that MOST drivers arn't likely to notice any 'seat of the pants' gain.

2) What WILL matter to most 355 drivers is any significant gain in Torque, especially if lower down the rpm band when they are accelerating 0-60, from 2nd to 3rd etc. My reading of your dyno results on torque suggests effects on acceleration might be AMBIGUOUS, and might even result in slowing your modified car down in say 0-60 times. My reasoning (and yes, it can be disputed) is that the gains in torque that you report, over stock, is around 6-10 ft/lbs between, say, 3000-4000 rpms. That's good. BUT, between 4000-5000 rpms, stock actually outperforms your modified 355. The 355 with the new manifolds seems to LOOSE about 10-18 ft/lbs of torque compared to stock between 3-4000 rpms. Between 3-4000 rpms is where a lot of the 355s grunt comes on cam. I'd hypothesize, therefore, that the stock 355 would beat the modified 355 in a 0-60 sprint.

Please accept my interpretation as analytical and hypothetical, rather than confrontational. Again, I really appreciate the opportunity of looking at and trying to interpret pre/post dyno results and credit your efforts to share them.

Paul
    98 355 F1
    93 BMW M5

11. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Paul,

For me, the torque and HP gains are just where I'd want them - 5000+. The car is essentially useless at lower RPM for spirited driving. As long as it is driveable and keeps up with traffic, then a small loss down low is tolerable.

Anyway, I'll let you know on Thursday how it feels from a "seat of the pants" perspective.

Dave

12. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Paul,

No problem I really do appreciate the kind words, they mean alot during a hard day at work. Makes it worthwhile :)

1. 25rwhp is a pretty seat in the pants feel. Anything above 5whp is usually something you notice slightly if you pay close attention but 25rwhp is really going to be something you cannot miss. Lusso64 will have more word on this by Friday after he picks his F355 up to let us know what differences he notices so until then both of our points are valid, lets see what we can get from Lusso and others who purchase this manifold from me. I'm actually very excited to hear feedback on these.

2. Again we didn't do any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times but I'm not quite sure if the modified car will be slower. We can't really compare professional 0-60 testing times as we only did professional dyno tuning. However what we can compare is customers feedbacks who ordered them. If the majority says they do not feel a gain then we will remodify these to get even more torque and hp out of them however we can. We'll see though by the end of this week.

Greatly appreciate your input though.

Forza,
    Kevin

13. cbarton

cbarton Rookie

May 14, 2005
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Chris S. Barton
    So, it looks as thought the dyno is proving out your success!
    I want to buy a set for my VW bug-throaty 355 Spider (arghhhhh! :-( )
    Can you tell anything about QV in Ohio? Shelton ferrari recommended them highly and they rebuild my existing Manifolds/headers for less than $2,000
    but I don;t think they are performance shop, just a reman alternative.

Regards,

CSB

14. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've heard a few things about QV in Ohio, reason their recommended is they have been around for so long.. You can send them your factory headers and have them rebuilt but in the end their just rebuilt factory units. Our units are a completely new unit that are much superior to the factory. Like they say "do it right the first time".

Forza,
    Kevin

15. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just curious how many of you 355 or 360 owners would be interested in some type of aftermarket exhaust similair to the ones out there at a lower price. Such as $2,200 or so for an exhaust that fits, looks great, sounds great, and gives decent hp gains. Price can be lower just trying to get a feel.

16. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Bump, no input at all? Even a simple no would work :). Come on guys this is your chance to let me know what you all want to see.

17. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    already have a Tubi :)

jd

18. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Haha, we decided to do a 360 exhaust, should be available in a few weeks we're getting started on the proto. I'll start a seperate thread soon. I wonder where Dave (lusso64) is I spoke to the fab guy and he picked the car up at noon. Perhaps the differences were so great he's out still enjoying it ;)

Forza,
    Kevin

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Nothing at all happens in a 348/355 below 5000 rpm according to my a$$omometer as well as the dynomometer you posted......so whatever you try to do the change will likely be insignificant.

It's better to tune it for high rpm because at anything less than 5000 rpm you're in city traffic anyways and it really doesn't matter....for the proof I have seen here I'd say go for it just on the merits of the HP increase alone.

I think the majority here would feel a 25HP addition in a 300+ HP car.

20. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Well, got the car back, and the first thing that I noticed is that the engine is much smoother at low rpm and low throttle - ie when puttering around town. This was really surprising, not to mention welcome. The sound is also a lot more pleasant with the tubi than before. Some of you may have seen my posts complaining about the boominess of tubis on 355s at low rpm.

As I expected, there is no real noticeable difference in 1st and 2nd at high rpm. There is a difference according to the dyno I know, but I can't really notice it given the last time I drove the car was over a month ago. At WOT these gears don't last long anyway :)

In 3rd and 4th however, it is very apparent that the car wants to pull harder above 6000rpm. It feels more willing to rev also.

The same smoothness is also evident at these higher rpm. I don't understand the connection between smoothness and new headers, but nothing else on the car has changed....

Quality of workmanship that I can see is excellent - the photos I think show that well.

In conclusion then, the performance gains are certainly noticeable, especially in 3rd and 4th (presumably 5th and 6th also, but I value my license...). The improved smoothness and nicer sound are a great bonus. Given my driving style and the wonderful LA traffic, the smoothness and sound alone are enough to justify fitting these.

Thanks to Kevin for the opportunity to "acquire" a set of these headers.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask....

Dave

21. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Dave,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback! Pleasure working with you and the patience was much appreciated.

So not only was power improved but your car runs much smoother and the sound is better. Very pleased and excited with these results.

Forza,
    Kevin

22. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    TTT for those that did not see this. :)

23. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Kevin,

You cannot do mods in a vaccum. So you talk about A/F ratios. What are you doing to change these to get max HP? If you are not changing the A/F to go with the new flow you really can't get much. These headers are really no different than the 70's add headers get no performance difference because people did not add in rejet carbs to take advantage of readjusted flow. Your new headers are no different.

24. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Oh but see Billy here's where you're wrong. Our headers added performance and we have dyno graphs and videos that prove this. Not only that but lusso64 who had these installed these even claimed the car's performance improved.

So let me get these straight our headers improved the smoothness of the car, made the cars sound improved, and increased horsepower proven and you're comparing them to headers made 35 years ago? I'm not really sure what you're getting at but our headers do increase performance and you can't argue the facts.

Regarding the air fuel ratio matter- We can change the A/F ratio via an air fuel computer as can any customer.

Also if you could please elaborate further or re-read the thread because I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

With the Best Regards,
    Kevin

25. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

Kevin,

I am not trying to cut down your product. I hope it works. However, in all the eons of time hotroding getting "gas" out goes hand in hand with getting gas in. So lets assume Ferrari does a decent job tuning the intake/ECU/exhaust for what they say is the optimium compromise. Lets assume you ARE able to make an exhaust that changes the compromise values such that you increase HP/torque. I'll not get into how your engineers are able to out engineer ferrari but I do ask how can you change the 2.7 or 5.2 ECU prom chip parameters to optimize the compromises you have built into the new system? Have you reprogrammed the computer? These computers have prom chips you can change but you cannot tune these cars as they run as they do not have programable tuning. Even guys that tune Vettes have a very limited range of mods that can be done to fool the A/F mixtures as in LS1 edit on C5 vettes. There is no such thing with 355's unless you guys have invented that too. Have you? This could open up a whole new world if you guys can edit the tune in Bosch motronics. Thre is no body in the USA doing this and no one I know of in Europe who can do this.