the new dino | FerrariChat

the new dino

Discussion in '360/430' started by peterb, Jun 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    I was in Maranello yesterday and reliable sources are telling me that we will be seeing a new medium priced f car somewhere towards the end of 2006 early 2007. We would be looking at a sticker price which would put the car in Porsche 911 territory and the idea would be annual production of over 6-8000 units. Where the car will be produced seems still to be a mystery because the factory right now is working full steam ( the factory is cranking out about 20 cars a day- 15- 430's and the balance in 612's and 575's) Maybe they will use the Maserati factory and I would expect the new Maserati coupe and spyder will be sharing alot of parts with the new Dino. But then again depending upon what is going on with the Alfa- Maserati relationship they might alter things a little. Nonetheless, I envision some big changes in the future and I think the decision to have a baby Ferrari is part of the group's overall strategy to leverage the F name to crank out some volume which they need to survive

2. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I really don't think they need to crank out more cars to survive. They can still up the sticker price and people will buy because it is Ferrari. I think that putting Ferrari @ the same level as Porsche is a mistake. It will really depreciate the Ferrari name in my opinion...A sad day it will be when Ferrari is producing a Porsche Carrera/Boxter competitor :(

3. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    That's what they tried with the 260/246/308/328 really, but always came it a bit higher on price. I guess that would mean price wise it would need to be like 100-150 (think gallardo). 6-8000 seems like WAY too many cars though, may.

4. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I think one of the most important factors in Ferrari proposing the new Dino is that the dealers have NO repeat NO new cars to sell. In the USA my impression is that the entire production run of F430s is sold out for over 5-6 years. F of Beverly Hills said they have over 300 orders and don't expect to be able to deliver an F430 during its production life. All Super Americas are sold, there are only a few previously sold 575's coming in as well as 612 Scags.
    This seems to be the case at all US dealers, they have resales available with delivery miles on them at ahem ! market prices currently + $ 75,000.00 over list on F 430s. The Factory needs to make another car so that Tifosi world wide can buy and enjoy it and the dealers will be able to sell something for the next few years. No design will every please everyone but The factory will not let any car out that dosen't deserve the Ferrari name. I'd like to buy a brand new Lusso, but with safety regs, emissions rules obviously that is not going to happen. If they don't bring out another new car everyone else will keep on trying to " Find a need and fill it" and the Germans are getting closer every year.
    What is the word on the so called 600 Imola,( 575 Replacement) and the next
    Enzo...... when are they coming and in what form ? The Sound of Silence has been defening lately!!!!!!!!!!!! Jean Todt dosen't call me personally to tell me of the future plans...

5. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Oh, you aren't on the list? lol

I am not sure if adding another model will work but even if they do, 6-8000 is way to high. I do think that there needs to be a car at the 145-150 price but I don't think that we need that many Ferraris running around. If so, I wouldn't want people saying, "Oh, he owns a [ insert name here ], he should have saved his money and purchased a slightly used 360." I want the Ferrari name to stay pure, but I also support a new Ferrari that I can afford faster. I feel that if they do build a new car, they need to steer their efforts toward performance and let the dang thing have a spartan interior.

Just my thoughts, but I am not ready to purchase a 150K car so, listen to the people that car afford it right?

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Ferrari will never go that low but I think they will attack the low to mid 100k market.Which is a great idea since they have so such pent up demand.Exporting that price range to countries with 30% plus import duties would also be smart.

7. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    Previously, I thought pictures of this car revealed the 575 replacement. I guess not. Does anybody have new information or pictures of the new 575 that supposedly is called the Imola? Maybe Ferrari is putting that project off until the Dino\California is introduced.

Ferrari is responding to the business principle of supply and demand. With new F cars sold out in the US and incredible premiums being paid for slightly new\used ones, Ferrari is creating a business dynamic that will take that money into their corporate receipts. I think Fiat is financially strained and Montezemolo is going to fix it with the help of maximizing the Ferrari name. He fixed Ferrari and now he is going to try to fix Fiat.