430 Challenge | FerrariChat

430 Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by iceburns288, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    When do you think we will get to see this car? The Spider has already been released, I hope we can see it by the end of summer...

2. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Anyone else hoping for the new F430 Challenge?

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    All good things come to those who wait ! :)

4. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    #4 thomas_b, Jun 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    cross your fingers that that they keep the 360 Challenge weight and don't add all the electronic junk - with the new engine this should be it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Hairy

Hairy Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Looking at the wheels, with the central nut, this probably is the new GT car, not the challenge 430.

6. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    It's also very, very low... but I noticed the sliding windows. I don't think those are on Challenge cars. That car also has, most importantly, a passenger seat. I believe it's a Challenge because aerodynamics play a huge role in lap times and it wouldn't do Ferrari much good to test laptimes around Fiorano without a downforce-producing GT aero package.

7. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    430 Challenge Stradale............bring it on.
    rock on

8. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Overhead at the Vegas Challenge race that the 430 GT car is in testing sessions now. 430 Challenge is to follow soon.

9. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    It would be interesting to see the new 430 CS as I think 430 itself is fabulous.

10. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Yes and it weighs too much as it is...

11. I think the challange stradale F430 will look alot better then the F430 in terms of agressiveness.

12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sliding windows were on the US Challenge cars in 2000 & 2001. At 2002 they were replaced w/ the nets, however that was for the US only as the Europeans ran w/ plexiglass windows

The central lug nut is 1 giveaway that this ISNT a challenge car, but the other thing that you may notice is the 2nd passanger seat. This was never a Challenge option during the 360 series

13. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    #13 thomas_b, Jun 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    early version of the F430 Challenge - picture & info from Italian site http://www.racingworld.it/fermas/notizia2.php?idtitolo=0246

I run the page through an automatic web page translation service :)

EXCLUSIVE: First turns in track for the F430 "Challenge"
    01/06/2005 - 18:55

Still four appointments lack R-alla.chiusura the Championship Ferrari Challenge 2005, but in Ferrari house it is believed already next to the next season, with important innovation that they will not lack to attract the attention of gets passionate to you, but not only...

Monday 30 and 31 tuesdays May, in fact, to Vallelunga is come down in track the only copy of Ferrari F430 Challenge, in "a secret" test that but our envoy Gino Allegritti has not let to escape, immortalando the car in world-wide exclusive right....

To guide the splendid yellow F430 on the curves of the roman circuit it has been gentleman driver the Raffaele De Simone, engaged this year in the Trophy Pirelli Italy with the 360 of the Ineco/RAM team.
    The development of the car is followed entire from the Unit Run Ferrari, fort of the support of padovano carriage maker Michelotto, from decades partner of the "Little horse".

The test of this week has been the first true contact with the track for the new "Challenge", than from the next year it will place side by side the 360 in the Pirelli Trophy and the Shell Goblet. Recent tests had been in fact carried out some week ago to Fiorano, with the single scope but to verify that in the car all it worked to duty.

The F430 has been shown in its "crude" state, and there is from expecting that soon the first aerodynamic sharpenings will appear, from the moment that that one of Vallelunga has seemed one car much neighbor to the "street one".

The innovationes, however, do not end here, why it seems that in optical 2006 to Maranello it is itself already thinking next to plan GT2, even if however the officer corps of the news will arrive soon more than a month.

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    doesn't loook much different...need a side by side comparison. looks good though!

15. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Well we will know how the car looks in 2 weeks when it is unveilled in Frankfurt and that will answer all questions. I hope it has a wing.

16. Hairy

Hairy Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    It will have no wing, but will get the same type of rear grille as the 355 and 360.

17. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    What kind of performance are we talking here? What's the hp for the new challenge? Can you just buy one from a regular dealer? What are the prices? How much does the racing series cost? Can yuo enter for just one race?

Whew!!! So many questions.

18. bmiller411

bmiller411 Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bruce B Miller
    Performance - Ferrari says it is 2 seconds faster then the 360 Challenge
    Dealer - Any Dealer but you have to run the Ferrari Challenge
    Series Cost - Depends Std week end about 15000 + your expenes and damage
    # of Races - Yes you can campagn one race

NOTE: In order to get the 430 for 2006 you where suppose to run the FC this year but you know that things can change at any time.

19. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
  20. sp308qv

sp308qv Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    South Jersey
    Full Name:
    Steve Ponzetto
    I'm just hopeful I can buy one!

21. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i know a few people with 360 challenge and also 355 challenge and only 2 have the wing, on the track(which is the only place a challenge can be run) it makes a difference, it would look good on the 430 too