360 Modena Sitting | FerrariChat

360 Modena Sitting

Discussion in '360/430' started by mvespo348, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Other Members thoughts. I live in north NJ and I have noticed in my neighbor hood on my way to work daily a Red 360 Modena Coupe sitting on a driveway outside under the red factory cover. It has not moved since I noticed it in early 10/03. It has been sitting in the same spot under some big snow, lots of rain and major cold weather for some time. Could this be any good I wonder?

2. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I can see it now. Ebay-mint 360 garage kept never seen rain or snow.

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I don't think any car sitting outside in the rain/snow/cold weather is good for it. The engine definitly needs to be used every now and then but I don't think it's too destructive as long as it's covered. Tell you what give me the address and I'll fix everything:).

4. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    But the cover is not an all weather cover it is indoor only? Im sure it is not good for the paint.

5. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    This reminds me of a Senior prank we did to the Dean of or high school. We wraped his car in news paper. We thought it was funny, but that day we got Freezing rain. The freezing rain turned into a ice storm. Well to make a long story short his car was white, and when he pulled the paper off of his car you could read the newspaper in his paint. Ups

6. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Depending on your Dean's car, it might have looked better than before - the world's first Art Car?

Reminds me of that Porsche in Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks - I thought the car looked better after the customization.

7. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I wonder what that guy has in his garage to make him put the 360 outside. Regardless what is in his garage, he should have more sense than to use the factory cover in the snow.

8. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well my guess is the car does not fit in the garage it is only a 1 car garage. The driveway only holds 1 car also.

9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    *cough* aluminum *cough* *cough*

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I dont think cold temperatures alone will harm the car. And if he winterized it correctly (full tank, maybe a little oil in the cylinders) then it should be fine.

I've stored motorcycles in the garage for several months at a time with no troubles. I dont think the "exposure" to the elements will really harm things.

11. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Poor car. Reminds me of my neighbor's 328GTS that sits outside, no cover, everyday, never driven. Such a waste.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How can someone let such an amazing car die slowly like that ?
    I hope he has a good reason for that...

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yep, there has to be a reason, its still an expensive car no matter how much money you have, he could be out of town etc etc

14. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I want to know what is sitting in the garage to put the f-car out of it.
    Erik

15. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Out of town for three and a half months? That's one long business trip.
    Like Erik said maybe there's something better in the garage, Enzo maybe. I know of a guy who parks his Viper GTS outside so the Enzo has a warm place to stay.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

He should rent a parking space somwhere then...

17. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Are you sure it is a real 360? Take some pics of it under cover next to the house. Is it in a safe area I mean not to stereotype but if the house has a one car garage is the car worth more then the house? This doesn't sound like an even semi intelligent thing to do if the car can just be flat bedded away.
    Erik

18. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes it is a real 360! Every now and then the cover blows off and you can see more of it and it has a NY plate on it. Yes, Teenferrarifan you are about right the car cost almost as much as the house it is sitting in front of. Tomorrow I will take a picture of it sitting in the snow and post it for viewing pleasure.

19. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    That is really odd....have you ever thought of just stopping by and introducing yourself to the owner? Have you ever seen the car with the cover off? The Ferrari factory covers are just dust covers, NOT all weather, so the cover and the paint are probably ruined by now....my lord, that does not make sense. Plus, why a ONE car garage yet own a 360 Modena that is never driven? Something must be up...cannot wait to see the picture.

20. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    What do they drive normally? Any reason for letting the Ferrari waste away?

21. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    When the cover blows off...is it far enough that someone would have to pull it back down, or just settle back down naturally? The reason I am asking is maybe the owner of the car died. Obviously if someone would have to pull the cover back down this would eliminate this. Have you ever seen the owner? There was a house near a friend of mine that had a new Mini Cooper S out front with temp tags....after the car sat there not moving for a LONG time he inquired to neighbors as to the situation. Turns out 5 days after the guy bought the car he died. The car just sat there because nobody in his family lived near so they did not bother to check on him or the house. Weird stuff.

22. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It has been sitting a long time.

23. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I would really like to show the whole picture but I cannot figue out how to resize it correctly

24. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    That's sad. But why is the back of the cover pulled up like that?

25. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    As I mentioned the cover blows off time to time and it must have blown off a bit