A good deal or........... | FerrariChat

A good deal or...........

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jeffdavison, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
  2. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    If you look at the other items the guy is selling, you will see that he's a stamp seller, most stamps are priced between 0,5 EUR and 1,5 EUR. I think he has to sell many stamps to buy that Ferrari. But you will see that he is also selling a 2002 BMW M3 for $14,999 and an M5 also for $14,999.
    The location is the Netherlands, but he has an spanish email adress (@yahoo.es). And it looks like the cars are in the US.

3. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    This one has EVERY indication of a hijacked eBay account selling a car which the seller doesn't own. When you apply to be "pre-approved" he'll make you an off-eBay offer, with payment by Western Union to outside the US (which cannot be traced) for a price you can't pass up.

These frauds are very common on eBay for laptops, four-wheelers, Harleys, and so on. eBay and Western Union are trying to fight them.

(The real owner of the eBay ID probably replied to one of the official-looking e-mails asking for his id and passwork to "verify" his account.)

There are easier ways to lose your money, but not many.

4. papaleo1

papaleo1 Karting

Jun 9, 2002
    Papaleo
    Full Name:
    Louis
    It's a fraud just like stated in the previous post. I offered to buy the car at the "Buy It Now" price of $ 25k, pending a PPI. The reply was that the car was stolen in Europe and was currently in the US
    at his "brother's." He asked for a $3k "good faith" deposit through Western Union which would be refunded once the deal was closed and the purchase price was paid to his "brother."

I guess these crooks think we fell off a turnip truck last nite!