QUESTIONS ABOUT 348 (SORRY) | FerrariChat

QUESTIONS ABOUT 348 (SORRY)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by karluk29, Mar 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    hi

sorry in advance for this as i assume you guys get this alot, i was at the lotus show on sunday at donnington (uk), as i own a modified lotus esprit, and met a bloke in a 348 spyder (really nice guy and thanx if your on here), he told me to come on here if i need to find anything out, so here i am

i am dying to own a 348 but dont really have the big big ferrari budget he he, but seen some at around the 25k mark, could someon please tell me the difference between the models e.g. the TS/TB, and is there such a thing as a GTB or is that just a TB, also what do they do to the galon as it will be my only car and i drive 5 miles to work everyday, will it be ok. and finally, i have seen a yellow 348 on a L reg and it seems cheaper than others by around £2k is this basically becuse of the colour?

thankyou

karl

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Karl,

Welcome to Fchat, hope you enjoy yourself here....

There is quite a lot of info about 348 prices and variants on the QV500 website. It worth a look, but there are a lot of 348 owners on here who will be wading in pretty soon. :)

http://www.qv500.com/indexferrari6.php

3. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    thanx alot matey

getting itchy feet now,,,need to buy one me thinks lol

(then again trying to get rid of my lotus may proof a problem)

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Dear Comrade Tea Are mate (NOT!)

Back again? Oh come now getting a bit childish isnt it?

Regards
    Adnaan

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Adnaan,
    i think this new guy's for real.....shame we have to be so suspicious....

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Karl,,

Its me you were talking too.

Get latest 348 models either 348 spider, 348 GTS or 348 GTB and the limied 348GTC.

These later versions had 30 BHP more to 320 BHP, wider track at the rear for better handling and had all the updates and problems resolved.

These models started in 1993 to 1995 the spider being the last one to be produced.

In 1992 the 348 TS and TB had the wider track fitted.

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys,

This guy is for real. Spoke to Karl on Sunday and told him about ferrarichat.com.

8. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    If you are then welcome to FChat! Please tell us a little more about urself Karl. Karl seems to be a popular name on the site, as we have a sponsor by the same name!

9. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    hi

seems from the response there you have a few problems with ppl then he he

yep im for real, and hello to kenyon, thanx for chatting to me on sunday as i basically harrassed you.

yeah i am looking to buy a 348, but dont really have big big bucks, looking at about £25k so i think i will have to staick with the ts/tb, i have done the massive speed thing anyway, just want something thats really nice and class now,,,,and i belive the 348 is the way to go.

something about me ,,,,,mmMMM well you ready:-

i am a treaded (get ready) cruiser at heart, i go to all the jap type shows and modified car shows etc etc, so im assuming im hated already lol

and to prove im real, this is my esprit

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?userid=656

10. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon

Karl,

Please do not modify your 348 ferrari like that, NO neon please.....

11. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    HA HA HA HA

i was waiting for a coment,,,,dont worry it will stay standard apart from zorst like yours (WOW) and maybe 19"s wheels, the reason i want one is the fact i love them the way they are,,,,,,CLASS

12. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    ... or black wheels! ;) ;) :D

For £25k you will not find a GTB or GTS, for £30k you would also struggle as they are like the proverbial rocking horse ****.

As Justin says, get the latest TB or TS (purely your preference) you can afford, i personally would not be worried about LHD if it was the right car. Just make sure it has a watertight service record, not necessarily main dealer, but at least a recognised independent.

Serious looking Lotus there, I had a run with one yesterday at V.Max, quite a recent V8 I think, the 348 was 30 yards up on it all through the gears up to about 130, then outbraked it into the big right hander... luckily giving him enough room to drive around the back of me when I slightly over cooked it on the exit and ended up sideways in a big cloud of rubber! :D

I think the yellow one is cheap because the owner is leaving the country if it's the one I'm thinking of. Ray360M has a picture of his old yellow 348TB somewhere, looked really well.

13. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Karl,

Check out www.pistonheads.com cassified and forum under Ferrari, Maserti and Lambo. Great cars and topics on there as well.

14. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    i gotta say this is a very friendly forum,,,,for some reason i wouldnt of thought it would be so cool,,,,thanx guys

i go on pistonheads quite a bit so i will look,,,,and the v8 was rob as he went to vmax instead of the lotus show, he went with the mad professor dermot

so what 348 you got then if it beat a v8 esprit?

and there are to yellow 348's for sale one in scotland at a garage and the spyder that is in spain at the minute according to autotrader

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Karl and sorry about confusion with your first couple posts.We've been having agg with bogus users lately :eek:

Don't forget to check out the independant dealers; Foskers, Rosso Corsa, Verdi etc.

16. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    its ok, you get them all over every forum, thank god someone came to my rescue b4 someone put a contract out on me ha ha ha

i reconise the name verdi, seen a couple of theres on the net, i have been pm by a user and if i can sell mine then i would love to take him up on the offer

all to do with selling my lotus,,,,oh the trials of life eh

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The LHD 348? Looks nice, m8. Good luck.

18. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Yellow 348 Spider ... I think he has quite an amusing video of my car ahem!

And to be fair, I don't think it was the owner driving on that particular run.

19. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    to be honest dont think it will be that spyder as it is in spain,,,,shame really its stunning, but there is one in a garage in scotland and a member of this board has half offered me a very nice red one

i so need to sell the lotus

20. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    yours is quick then if its the spyder anyway, prob dermot driving then, or a random person lol

i was going to go to vmax late last year but had a cash crisis LOL

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I can assure you that once we get to know you, the gloves will well and truly come off.....:D

Glad you are finding it friendly though; it's been mighty wierd in here lately.....

22. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    #22 kenyon, Mar 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    so what 348 you got then if it beat a v8 esprit? (qoute)

My 348 spyder has been chipped and has almost the same power out of the 355 ( Ask 355GTS) I was right behind him on the way to Oulton Park Last year.

Here are my performance figures:
    1. Dimex / H&S Electronik Engine Upgrades
    Ignition/Injection ECU Mapping Upgrade,
    Adjustable Bosch Fuel Regulator Upgrade
    Tubi Style Non Cat- 316L ‘Free Flowing’ Exhaust System
    K&N Optimisation Induction System
    NGK Platinum Racing Plugs
    Graph Representation Data

Blue Line represents the standard Power Output of 320 BHP

Red Line represents the increase Power Output to 355 BHP from ECU Mapping Upgrade and Optimisation Induction System

Further Power Output increase to 365 BHP from Tubi Style Non Cat- 316L ‘Free Flowing’ Exhaust System

F348 Performance Data
    0-100 km/h - 4.7 sec / 0-60 mph - 4.6 sec
    Top speed is 295 Km/h / 183 mph
    Max Rpm Limit - 8200 rpm
    Max Power Output – 269 Kw / 365 bhp (PS) at 7,800 rpm
    Max Torque – 375Nm / 278 lbs/ft at 5,200 rpm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    The car came with these upgardes from Germany. My mums partner has a Lotus V8 which we race each other sometimes. My has a higher top speed and is as quick as his.

With ferrari you must rev it to get all its power where the Lotus has low down torque and most its power is at mid range revs.

The Ferrari engine is like a bike engine loads of revving to be had.....

24. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Karl,

Welcome to Fchat.

May I congratulate you on your selection of proposed choice of a 348. It is without doubt the bestest knob out ferrari ever made. You will not be disappointed!

Not that i'm bias or anything :)

25. karluk29

karluk29 Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    so they can be chipped aswell then like the lotus,,,,,oooo things are looking upward by the second and you guys are going to get me in debt lol

(ssshhhh i have to beat the misses car for god sake)