Need info on Park Place LTD in Bellevue,WA | FerrariChat

Need info on Park Place LTD in Bellevue,WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by tonyc, Mar 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Hello All, I am interested in a 2000 360 that ParkPlaceltd.com has. I called and spoke with a sales person several times. They do not have the service history for the car, but they have taken it to a Ferrari dealer ship to have it "checked out". I am leary about continuing the negotiations with them. Has anyone in the northwest had any dealings with this dealership or eyballed this 360:
    http://parkplaceltd.com/pages/files/vehicle.aspx?id=4415
    Thanks!
    --tony

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would ask to see the paperwork from the "check out"....and go from there.

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I purchased my 348 from Park Place in January 2000. There were no service records and no books. I later spoke with the previous owner, who told me that the records and books were with the car when he parted with it, but the car had been involved in a multi-car deal - I don't know who was responsible for "losing" them.

I had some specific questions about the mechanical condition of the car. The Sales Manager at Park Place put me on the phone with "the mechanic who had checked the car" for them. He gave me a complete snow job. He didn't know what he was talking about. For all I know I was talking to the lot attendant in the back room. He didn't know diddly about Ferraris.

Personally, I think it's unlikely that they had the car checked out at the dealership, or they would be happy to have you contact the dealership yourself, and show you a full written report on the dealer's workshop invoice.

I bought the car knowing it had issues. I took a chance. I wouldn't recommend this as a normal course of action. I was able to fix the problems myself. You're right to be leary. Let them produce the goods, or walk away from it. The car might be 100% cherry, Park Place might be 100% legit in their dealings with you. But talk is cheap, and right now all you have is talk.

4. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I have bought and sold cars through park place and i have friends who have done the same. Overall mixed. Most of their cars for sale are on consignment. They own few if any of the cars there.

I bought my 328 and f50 through them. The 328 I have still - with no service records - but have not had any material issues with the car since i bought it five years ago. The f50 I had got much paperwork on and had a variety of issues over it's five year stay with me. I have sold also a lexus lx470 through them which sold quickly. I tried to sell a bmw 740il through them but after about 3 mos of nothing i just dumped it to a deler willing to buy it. Another of my friends also bought an f50 through them and did not have any material issues with the car.

One of my friends test-drove a porsche and blew a water pump during the non-spirited drive.

I have had positive experiences with their sales people. They also recently hired shannon from ferrari of seattle.

My overall take is that if you are looking for a lot of hand holding, they are not the place to go. but if you dont mind getting involved and jumping into the fray then you might do alright there. I get a wee bit of a creepy feeling for some reason, but i couldnt tell you why. I get the impression they will take you for a ride (errr, cut you a bad deal) if they think they can - perhaps not unlike other dealerships, but i get the feeling it is more rampant there. I cant point to any specific cases, this is just my 'gut feel'.

Given all these interactions, I would say that if youare looking to buy a car, it will be hit-or-miss given the consignment scenario.

5. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Thanks for all the advise. I will try to get the name of the Ferrari dealership that did the service on the car and speak with the dealership. If I can not get more documentation then I will step away from this deal. FWIW, I am working with Ryan Vanderwel in the Variable Operations Division at Park Place LTD. Thanks again for helping in my search for the right 360. --tony

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Never bought anything there, but a couple of times I was there, they were neither particularly helpful nor friendly. Shannon, previously of FoS, wasn't working there yet. I got a feeling they just wanted me out of there.

Last year at their booth during the Historic Races at Pacific Raceways, I inquired about the Lotus Elise and the guy who seemed to be owning the joint gave me the attitude like you can't have this car and said the wait is 8 years long (yeah, right). Hey, I just want to know a little more about it and why can't he just be straight with the facts?

Sorry for the rant guys, but that's my experience, albeit a limited one, with that place.

7. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The story from Willis about the Elise reminds me of another. Several years ago, when the Elise first came out and NO ONE had them, Park Place had one on display at SIR during the Vintage Races. It was parked next to a big mud puddle in the infield. Some poor little kid ran past it and splashed a few little mud spots onto the side, and the sales guy came unglued! It took about 10 seconds to wipe off the mud. Not really a reflection on Park Place, just something that stuck in my mind as "dicky".

8. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I bought my 911 there a few years back, and was taken care of very nice. It was a great car, and they backed it up with service they promised, but as Willis said, the last few times I have been there, I was not treated as a customer should be!
    I guess you need to pull up in a F-car to get friendly help??????

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I don't drive the Ferrari to visit other dealerships. I want to observe how they treat potential customers regardless of what they drive there.

The weird thing is that before I got my Ferrari, the friendliest and most comfortable experience was with Ferrari of Seattle.

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don

11. Slash

Slash Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    redmond,wa

you wouldn't happen to live around redmond would you? or drive in redmond sometimes? seen an F50 down there on avondale a couple times and some of my friends have seen it around too. awesome car!

and DONV i completely aggree with you, i've also gone into ferrari of seattle just to look around (keep in mind i'm just a dumb 18 year old kid too) and they're been extremely nice. one time when i was there with a friend they actually stayed open an extra half hour or so b/c we were still in there just looking around. (we didn't know they closed at whatever time it was...)

a while back my friend saw an enzo, followed by an F50, then a testarossa heading east on 520 towards redmond, any of you guys on here?

12. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    ya that was probably me. I just sold the car a month or so ago so you wont see me in it anymore

13. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    FCA NW Members are going to tour the Garage
    where these Cars are kept, this Saturday (3/19).
    I can’t make it, ( Son’s Wrestling Tourney ).
    I’m not sure if it is exclusive to Club Members,
    but if you know any Members personally, you
    might ask to go as their Guest.

I hate missing this event.

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    FCA members only.

15. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C

Thanks Rumordude, I am not looking for a lot of hand holding. I actually preferr to doing things over the Internet remotely. I do want access to the service records so I can base what I am willing to pay for the car. I have not heard back from the sales guy, so I guess I will drop the quest for this 360 and look for another one with a manual transmission.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs!
    --tony

16. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I first met the proprietor, David Bingham, in the 80's.
    He is a Porshe guy, nuff said?