likeyoudontknow - refunds & apology to community | FerrariChat

likeyoudontknow - refunds & apology to community

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by testing123141, Mar 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testing123141

testing123141 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 3, 2005
    Dear Ferrari Community Members,

It has come to my attention that some of you are and have been upset with my actions.

First, I would like to sincerely apologize for any harm I have caused any member of this community.

Second, I would like to offer a full refund to any person(s) that feel as though they have been “scammed” in any way, shape, or form.

I hope that past misunderstandings can be forgotten and that you will all once again trust or at minimum forgive me. I do not wish in anyway to contribute to any form of slanderous activities towards anyone of you, despite the hurtful and personal things that have been said about me. Furthermore, I do not desire to be associated with any form of misrepresentation or unethical activity.

My hope is that those of you I have hurt will have as much forgiveness in your hearts as I have in mine.

I have quietly been watching the board for a long while now and realize that a few of the activities I took part in could be interpreted as unethical, and I apologize for those actions.

My hope is that those of you that have slandered me can be humble enough to realize that we all can make mistakes in life and we learn from those mistakes and they make us better people.

I am and will continue to make wrongs right provided you are willing to be somewhat forgiving and accepting of my apologies.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you require some form of refund for a past discrepancy or business transaction and I promise will do what I can to make the wrongs, right. I also hope that once those of you that have been hurt in any way, shape, or form, once made whole again, will forgive me and post some positive, uplifting news to the board.

Sincerely,

[email protected]

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i have no idea who this is or what your reffering to

3. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
  4. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Rob,

Wait for some responses, and you will see.
    Or, use the that Search thingy :), for quicker results.

Edit: Oops, Bert beat me to it.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Likeyoudontknow,
    Your actions will speak louder than words...for now, you are still posting very vague, and misleading Ebay auctions, selling owner's manuals that can be downloaded for free from Ferrari and other various sites.

Only a couple weeks ago, I asked whether your auction for a "Owners Service Manual" was either a "service manual" or "owner's manual", yet you gave me this vague response:

Dear xxxxxxx,

You asked:
    "Is this an "owner's manual" or a "service manual"? I am confused with your wording of "owners service manual", as Ferrari does not use this terminology. Dave"

dave owners vechile servicing manaul as stated

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

7954584350 Ferrari 550 & 575 Maranello Owners Service Manual NR ! Feb-21-05

Thank you,
    cutthatmeat

6. atheyg

atheyg Guest

This apology is good enough for me, where do I send my check $$?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

7. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    eBay history:

User ID Effective Date End Date
    ferrarioutlet Feb-28-05 Present
    cutthatmeat Jan-20-05 Feb-28-05
    troopsupport2005 Oct-27-04 Jan-20-05
    warmandwet86 Jan-21-04 Oct-27-04

And "likeyoudontknow" way before that time.

Why don't you start by introducing yourself with your real name. Fill in your profile.

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Likeyoudontknow,
    Rather than ask for a truce, you need to show your "honest" and "fair practices", and the "F-chat Police" will back off...

Me? I don't have the time for you...but apparently others do, as it appears to be effecting your business; what with their "education" efforts of potential Ebay bidders....

9. testing123141

testing123141 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 3, 2005
    Buddy, I am currently not selling on ebay (other than some old jeep parts).

I have decided the best thing to do is to try to make ammends, so again please accept my sincerest apologize.

Like I previously stated if you require any retribution please e-mail me directly and let me know your concern and I will promptly address your concern. Posting issues here will not allow me to properly and individually address your specific concern(s).

I promise I will do my very best to solve each specific issue to the best of my ability and I also hope to attend to every last concern of each affected member of this community.

Sales or no sales I am doing this with ethics in mind and with no financial motivation.

Thanks again and please feel free to contact me for personal closure.

[email protected]

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #10 FarmerDave, Mar 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The dictionary defines slander as :A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

I don't think anyone on this board made any false or malicios statements or reports

12. testing123141

testing123141 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 3, 2005
    The board is questioning my character, that to me in slanderous. I have already offered an apology and offered financial retribution. There is nothing else I can do. Disgruntled forum members can post 1000 threads, but that will not solve anything.
    I am offering solutions only. A disgruntled member can either choose a solution, or overanalyze everything stated here.

For those of you that wish to make amends, please contact me.

For those of you that are going to continue to bash me, then God Bless you.

This is all I can do and say. I do hope though that some of you have the decency and thoughtfulness to contact me to make amends.

This is my final correspondence to the board as I wish the best for each and every one of you in all your future journeys.

Thank you.

[email protected]

13. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Born again eh?

14. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Am I reading this correctly? He expects people here to apologize to him?

15. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I admire your moxy to try and convince anyone you have "character" after the track record you've achieved. I suggest if you really want to change your ways and be an ethical person, you start with a real name, a real address and sell the actual items you advertise.

Words are cheap, actions are reality.

Ken

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Want to come clean??? Answer a question when it has been asked. What is your real name, address, post a photo of yourself.

Also...why do you pick smarta$$ names for your business email accounts.... is it a sign of your personality? It shows very poor business sense.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Who is this guy??

19. someday

someday Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    JP
    Thats a pretty stupid statement. All anyone is asking is for you to say who you are, you have nothing to hide then don't hide.

Quote Marcellus Wallace: "when you gone.....stay gone.....or you be gone"

I love threads like this, cracks me up......

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't think your little plan is working out too well................

You are as transparent as the day is long!

What a POS!

DL

21. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Forget it, he already informed us that it was his last correspondance on the board....as well as extending his blessings!!

22. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    No, no. Thank you!! Most of us here will be glad never to hear from you again. The funniest part of all of your posting was this tasty comment:

"Sales or no sales I am doing this with ethics in mind and with no financial motivation."

Bull ****. Why else would you be doing this? Since you hide behind rediculous names and no one knows who you really are, what difference would it make to you what we think about "likeyoudontknow" or any of your other code names? Nothing. It's rather obvious and transparent that the complaints that seem to be well known across the internet ARE hurting your business. I've seen your ads, but knowing what I know, I won't do business with you. The only reason you've come crawling back, hiding again under yet another assumed name, is because you want to sell things and make money -- your real motivation IS financial.

Take a hint. You're not wanted here. Don't go away mad. Just go away. No one here is going to miss you. And hopefully Rob will ban you from this site permanently.

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Con Man rule number 1 - When things spin out of control.....play it only by your rules

Ferrari Chat Police are turning the screws on this Con Man all across the WWW.

Guys you've got him on the run and he is hurting.

Good job!

Now its time to turn up the heat and finish off this jerk.

24. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #24 bernardo66, Mar 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003