Tubi Exhaust | FerrariChat

Tubi Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by warren360, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. warren360

warren360 Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    I just purchased a 2003 360 Modena. It has every option I wanted except the Tubi Exhaust. My local Ferrari dealer wants $4,200 including installation. Does this seem like the going price?

2. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    sounds about right. Continental in Hinsdale, IL (chicago) charged me about $5000 for tubi and air horns in 2001

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Before you commit, I would recommend that you ask around the local F owners to see if anyone has a Capristo installed. If you hear them both back-to-back, I'm betting you would choose the Capristo. I believe you could buy the Capristo and have it installed at a competent independent for around $3500 or so.

Gary

4. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    gary, what is it about the sound you prefer? It has always seemed 5k for an exhaust, no matter what quality, is very high. Especially when whole cat back systems for other brands are only about 2k, so I am interested about how you would qualify the sound differences. Is the capistro all ss? thanks

5. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    about what i paid at the dealership about a year ago.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

That price is about right from the dealer. You could have one shipped by Heiko for $3300(total) and have an idependant install it for $250 - 500. I had a guy do it for $3800 complete(he didn't replace the vacuum hoses properly so I had to go to the dealer anyway because a check engine light came on). If your time is crucial just have the dealer do it.

7. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
  8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you live in America, HG Parts can help you out with any exhaust system, but Tubi. Unless of course it's a used system. :)

The only sponsor of ours right now that I know is authorized to sell Tubi in the states is Mensi at http://www.ferrarichat.com/sponsors/mensi.htm. I know Nick's use to sell Tubi, but I don't know about now.

9. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    i want to have an happy 360 customer so there is only 1 exhaust system i can sell him thats the Capristo exhaust. if he wants a tubi i will sell it for sure.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

10. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I recall someone wanting to install the Capristo exhaust on their new Stradale. Did they acctually go through with this? What would the benefits of this exhaust over stock. ie weight, power, and sound?

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I think the Capristo is about $3300 from Heiko. It definitely has more of an F1-like scream in the upper revs than the Tubi, and actually seems quieter at lower revs for stealth ops in the neighborhood or downtown. I have no vested interest in either system, but have heard both and prefer the Capristo. Check with Heiko ([email protected]) regarding construction specifics.

Gary

12. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    The price is high. You can get a Tubi for around $3200 including shipping. Installation is two hours and assuming $95 per hour at a dealer the cost should be closer to $3400-3500.

13. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    i still offer free shipping this month for the Capristo Exhaust Systems. im not sure who was that with the Stradale so cant tell. the weight is 29 pounds less then a 360 Stock exhaust so a big difference. the sound of the capristo is the best i ever heard a very special sound. i had a few brands on my cars but sence i have the capristo im very happy.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Heiko, what exhaust do you think sounds the best on the 328? Actually, I think if you have an opinion on every Ferrari, that would be cool. :)

I really like the Fuchs I heard on a 360.

15. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Regarding installation, it appears from dealers that I have spoken to here in AZ, that the entire rear bumper assembly must be removed on a 360 in order to install either the Capristo or the Tubi. The labor time will be no less than 4 hours so figure at least $400 for installation. Thats' what Scottsdale Lotus charge and they sell both Tubi and Capristo. I'm leaning toward a Capristo for my 360, but the more urgent issue for me is the 575 and there's an awful lot of negative stuff on this forum re Tubi on a 550/575.

16. mensi

mensi Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    Makes you wonder why nobody sees the banner on top of this page. We've been one of the first sponsors here and our prices are as competitive as anybody's. Warren, call me toll free at 1-866 364 5438 and I think you will find the best deal and hopefully the best service from a 360 owner and long time F enthusiast (F owner sinve 1979).

17. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I helped a friend install a Tubi on his 355 Spyder...it was not-at-all difficult for anyone who knows how to turn a wrench. We had to take the rear bumper off, but other than that it was a simple unbolt-swap-bolt situation. Unless you can't figure out how a wrench works, or you're afraid to mess up your manicure, I'd recommend doing it yourself.

Anyone know where I could get a used aftermarket exhaust for a 308 QV?

18. seems alot of people are installing air horns why exactly do people do this mod. Im not saying its bad but is the stock Ferrari horn not good or wierd sounding. ?

19. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The stock 360 horn sounds like a Buick. Italian sports cars must have air horns. How else do you scatter the sheep in your way?

20. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
  21. warren360

warren360 Rookie

Nov 13, 2003