850 HP Chrysler Supercar | FerrariChat

850 HP Chrysler Supercar

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  2. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I have a hard time with Chrysler products but thats INCREDIBLE.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I hope they build it. Serious Supercars for everyone !

That Casio watch in Wal Mart is looking "better."

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Way cool.
    Will look great next to my Caravan and Dakota. Hope they give loyal customers first dibs like Ferrari.....

Of course, this is a Daimler Chrysler supercar, so don't know if I can bring myself to.....yea, I probably can.
    :)

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Damn, looks good.

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    They want to produce it if there's enough interest.

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #7 Schatten, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #8 Schatten, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I'd give it a B- (and nice to have C in the game), but a little too blingy (and busy angular) for me (e.g., the "zillion-spoke wagon wheels" and the back coachwork isn't as good as the front IMO -- that 3/4 front photo conveniently doesn't show either much).
    And "quad-turbo"? Isn't that a little quad-ridiculous;)? I'd prefer a supercharged Viper V-10 or a supercharged big-block Hemi in my Mopar supercar, but JMOs...

10. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Last September there was a very short article in Autoweek about Chrysler building a midengine car. I can't find the article right now but here is an old Fchat thread on the subject:

More Supercars

11. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Can american car companys just not design a decent looking car anymore? Geeeeeez, whats with the trillions of tailights?
    First they "modernize" the Viper into a V10 box, and now this?

12. kenneth

kenneth Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2002
    Hong Kong SAR
    Full Name:
    KCCK
    If it is good enough for Allan, I suppose it is also good enough for me. :)

13. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow, quite impressive. The design cues are very original, and I don't see the resemblance to the GT90 concept. It's nice to see a fresh design that isn't a blatant rip-off of another car. Bravo DCX.

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    looks nice but those tail lights are just sick.

15. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not even a Japanese concept car could have tailights to compete with those. Projected price of $450,000? I think the odds of this car being built are right up there with those of the Tomahawk.

16. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hey guys,

I attended the Chrysler Classic (race event) a few months ago in San Diego and Chrysler had the full line of cars and one concept car that really caught my attention..

I think it's a "Hemi 300C" boy what a beauty...!!! wow.. It's a show stopper up close...

It looks like a "Four Seater Corvette" without a style compromise.

Between the supercar and the hemi... I'd say let's make the damm thing...! I'm interested...

IMO
    Patrick

17. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    id have to say the closest thing you can get to a four door vette would be a CTS-V. IMO those cars are one of the nicest Sedans you can buy. up there with the Mercedes and BMW.

18. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    bugatti man, must be fake?:)

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I love it.

20. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Interesting looking car! 850 HP sounds very nice but with an over $400,000 list price for a Chrysler...not a chance! I do care if it even had 1000 HP. As it stands I believe Ford is pushing it with $140,000.

21. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Lord, does everybody need to make a new supercar? I'd rather have a Modena than a Chrysler supercar...

22. Kyle Madan

Kyle Madan Karting

Jan 20, 2002
    Look like I'm a little late to the thread.

As automotive editor for the University of Michigan's Business School newspaper (Monroe Street Journal), I had press passes to the auto show and attended the press conference where the car was introduced.

It looks stunning in person. As mentioned, the car is code named the ME 412. ME stands for “Mid Engined”, the 412 for the four (yes four!) turbochargers attached to the V-12 engine producing a mind-boggling 850 horsepower and 850 ft-lbs of torque. All this is mated to a sequential seven speed transmission. According to Chrysler, preliminary simulations and testing has shown zero to sixty times in the sub three second (2.9) range with a top speed of 248 miles per hour (400 kmph). This car actually looks great in person.

Patrick (Nationaltec) - The Chrysler 300C sedan with a Hemi was present at the auto show in preproduction form. It should be hitting showrooms in April or May of this year. My contact at DaimlerChrysler is trying to arrange for my co-editor and me to have one for at least one week in January. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts and provide f-chat with the article if anyone is interested.

23. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    exactly. no matter how nice and quick this car is it's still a chrysler.a nice looking and fast chrysler,but still a chrysler.for how much there asking for it you could almost find a EB110. And id take a used Bugatti over this anyday as well.

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    these specs are jsut estimates that i got from fast-autos.net but there impressive 0-60 mph: 2.9 sec
    0-100 mph: 6.2 sec
    Quarter Mile: 10.6 sec @ 142 mph
    Skidpad: .--g
    Top Speed: 248 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
    Slalom Speed: --- mph

25. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    All these supercars outdoing one another with unusable HP will accomplish one thing. Government regulation requiring governors placed on engines limiting top speed at perhaps a number too low than some of our cars can do safely. 248 top speed is silly, so is 850 hp. Indy is changing design restrictions, ang they are professionals on tracks! As much as i like fast cars, this is getting ridiculous because we're can they go from here say in 10 years. How high is up?
    T