Dude! Nice Tweels! | FerrariChat

Dude! Nice Tweels!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Etcetera, Jan 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  2. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
  3. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I read about these a few days ago. Impressive.

Just to get it out there, there is no sidewall for demonstration purposes. Normally the tweel would have one, it just doesn't need one for lateral support.

A certain porsche community had an incredibly hard time with that concept, all they said was "looks gay" and "what are they smoking, I would never put that on my car"

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Can't check out the site b/c our school networking is f-ing horrible. Can someone explain this concept to me, looks ridiculous.

5. Yellow996TT

Yellow996TT Rookie

Jan 19, 2005
    Stockton,CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    I wonder if they make it in a 19" x 13" wheel for the back of my car?

6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Saw this a couple of weeks ago. Awesome concept, I'd definitely be game so long as the final product has some sort of sidewall :)

I firmly believe this is also the future of supercar tire technology as lateral and vertical rigidity can be configured independently of each other, and the lack of inflation means it would sustain higher speeds without the stress from air expansion. Additionally, blowouts would be nonexistant.