Ferrari 330 P4 replica's | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 P4 replica's

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tbakowsky, Jan 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm considering building one. I just have no idea were to get a chassis and body to start with. Now I don't want to make this thing worth 100k but I do want it to be a nice replica with a Ferrari V12 from a 400i or a 365 GTC (i have a line on both of these engines for a really good price). My 308 is being sold (may have been already..just waiting for the money) and I gonna to use that cash towards building my dream Ferrari.

Do you guys have any thoughs about this project? Have any og you done somthing like this before and what was the end result. I know it will be a replica and all those people that hate them will be shimming in here..but I can't afford the real thing..and chances of finding a real one are slim to none anyway..thoughts?

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #2 MarkPDX, Jan 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
  4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nope..The 2 engines have been with a client of mine in his garage for about 10 years. I was going to buy both of then 2 years ago, but I had a few other things on the plate. So I figured I would now try and put atleast on of theose engines to good use in the form of a Ferrari race car.

5. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Tom -

I assume you followed the lengthy thread regarding JG's P4 restoration, and all of the pro's and con's regarding it? You need to connect with 'P4Replica' in the UK to get started.......

6. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tom

I have one of the original Noble P4 replica's which I am bust re-building. The Chassis and body,s can be bought in the UK from the guys at nfauto.co.uk and they are the most helpful blokes in the world. You can buy in kit form or built and they will fabricate the chassis to take whatever engine you want. They have recently finished one with a 400i motor and it looks spectacular.

Good luck
    James

7. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    What does the body and rolling chasis sell for...any idea? (from England).