IXO Enzo 1:43 | FerrariChat

IXO Enzo 1:43

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Greg G, Dec 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I ordered the new IXO Enzo from EWA this past weekend. Supposed to be here Tues. I'll throw up pix as soon as I can.

I passed on on 288GTO cuz it looked weak IMHO.

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

#2 Greg G, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well my IXO Enzo arrived today just as promised, and I couldnt be happier! Its a 1:43 diecast model and quality is true to most other IXO pieces. Overall excellent scale... ie: tires, tailpipes, and decals. Accurate Rosso Corsa color is very glossy. Nice use of flat black paint on rear window to simulate the mesh vents at either side. Flat red paint on seats looks great too. Convincing rear tail lamps. Instrument detailing very good.

Here are my criticisms:

1. B-pillars too thick
    2. Paint too heavy - loses crispness of body details/door openings.
    3. Wheel centers do not have yellow/black cavallinos.
    4. Rear "Ferrari" script is an oversized clumsy peel-n stick (shldve been a photoetched piece).
    5. Simulated carbon on engine intake is plain silly. Looks more like bee's honeycomb.

Even with these drawbacks, I find its an excellent model, especially at $35 USD. Considering the BBR is $200+, Id say this is a great value, and worth a serious look. It fits right in with all my other 1:43 F cars (Art Models, Brumm, BBR, Heco, Herpa, Minichamps, Redline) on display.

Sorry I am not a pro photographer :-(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I will add that I like the IXO Enzo better than the $110 USD Redline model as well. I'll admit, I havent studied the details on the Redline though. I dismissed it because the Redline's wheels were inaccurate.

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Hey nice! I was waiting for pics of the Ixo Enzo. It pretty much answers my expectations (their 360 looks nice as well) and I would leave the RedLine without a doubt for this one. The RedLine is a truly great model, but at a price four times this one, it is simply not justified. Well, not with my account anyway.

Thanks Greg. You convinced me. I´m going to hook me up with an IXO. Trying to get a yellow one.

Do you have pics of other IXO´s like the 288 GTO you mentioned or the 512BB?

5. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I got the Enzo and 288 GTO yesterday (and an IXO Maserati Trofeo). Very well done for the price, and they are filling a gap in the Ferrari diecast world.

My dealer said IXO can produce quickly, so the others should start arriving, but these two are the only ones out so far.

6. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Mule, pls post pix of the 288 and Trofeo if possible - thnx.

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #7 Mule, Dec 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Even though yes they are models. Do the cars roll? not that I would play with them or anything.