MERGED: Ferrari is Stepping Up/Power Service Contract | FerrariChat

MERGED: Ferrari is Stepping Up/Power Service Contract

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I just received materials with regard to the introduction of a "Power Service Contract" being offered by Ferrari for existing vehicles. I need to review the information more closely, but at first glance this seems like a comprehensive after-market warranty program that is about to be introduced, with protection for up to 12 years.

I will get a chance to post more fully this evening, when I return from work. As expected, there are a number of stipulations, but all-in-all, this is very, very good news.

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Please keep us update, hopefully it is a parts/labor system that is backed by Ferrari USA. Probably will be on the expensive side, but will be well worth it especially for the people with the newer Ferrari or does not have access to an good independent place close to them.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I have PDF'd the brochure, but it is over 1 MB, so hopefully Rob will be able to post it soon. In the interim, I provide a synopsis of the Power Service Contract ("PSC"). Bear in mind there is no mention of pricing for the various coverages, nor a significant amount of detail in general. However, in reading the (undeniably slick, and glossy) brochure, my sense is that this is a good first step in providing long-term, comprehensive vehicular coverage, that will put many an owner's mind at ease w.r.t to covering the potential car problems that are known to come with Ferrari ownership. I think it's a smart marketing move on the part of FNA and, like most warranty programs, will end up being a net financial benefit to the Company. Here is a quick summary:

- At its most basic level, the PSC is a two-year contract that is designed to offer comprehensive coverge on all parts and service. The vehicle will continue to be covered by the contract if a private change of ownership takes place during the contract term. Under the warranty, all parts of the vehicle are covered in detail, including mechanical, chassis, and bodywork related aspects (excluding the obvious wear-and-tear items). Spare parts and labor will be performed by authorized Ferrari technicians, and help will technically be available at any Ferrari dealership across the country (and in Canada).

- To qualify for the contract, the following qualifications must be met:
    - vehicle must be inspected by an authorized F dealer
    - no more than 60,000 miles
    - must have a full service history
    - must have been purchased from an authorized Ferrari dealer
    - must have been imported by Ferrari, NA
    - must have no modifications

- If these qualifications are met, you can apply for the PSC by taking your vehicle for inspection to any authorized Ferrari dealer.

- As part of the PSC, you are provided with 24-7 roadside assitance

- After the initial two years, you are provided with a multitude of options to extend the coverage. The brochure indicates 10 different permutations, that range from an extension of full-coverage for the third-year to limited coverage by way of a power-train warranty. Keep in mind there is no obligation to contract beyond the two-year standard PSC term.

Those are the highlights. The brochure has much more detail, and I'll let it speak for itself once it gets posted. But again, postive steps from my perspective.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hmm, so no belt change BS like there is with the current Power Cube? The big question is how much?

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    They do have a Power Cube option, but that only kicks in in Year 4, and again, only if you choose that particular coverage plan. From my read, the initial contract covers pretty much everything.

What was the old warranty coverage like? I thought all that FNA offered was an "Extended Warranty" plan that was fairly limited, but you seemed to make reference to Power Cube. Did most of this exist beforehand?

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The Power Cube thingy is pretty much the same as the initial warranty. It's pricey, $5K for a year plus belts and your 15K service I believe. I want to say it's close to $7K for a year by the time it's all said and done. Not worth it if the car has proven pretty much trouble free.

7. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Hi Vik,

What vehicles are eligible for this? I'm not clear on that...

I seem to be understanding that older Ferraris are eligible for this if certain conditions are met. But I'm not clear on how far back Ferrari is willing to go.

I could have gotten a FNA Powertrain and/or some other warranties for my '92 348 when I bought it in February, but I decided it wasn't cost effective :D

8. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    With the trouble that the dealers are having getting paid for warr. work now, I can only imagine how this program must have them feeling! Time will tell

9. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I wonder what will be considered modifications... Tubi? Aftermarket cats? Sounds promising, but my experiences with warranties, modded or unmodded car, have been frustrating to say the least. I'm possibly buying a car from an authorized dealer on Saturday, so I'll be sure to ask about it. Thanks for the heads up.

-R

10. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Yup.

Ferrari isn't "stepping up" as much as they are "digging deeper"! :)

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL

Is tubi a "modification" ? Surely they will let that slide.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #12 ghost, Nov 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Power cubed is $6K/yr and is comparable to the 3 year contractual bumper to bumper warranty for the 4th and/or 5th year. It excludes discs, pads, battery, plugs,filters, clutch and bearing, aux belts, wipers, ac filter. It must be purchased 60 days before or 30 days after the 3 yr warranty is up. No mention of belt change.

The Power contract is $4K/yr or $6K for 2 years and is essentially a power train warranty available up to the 6th year and includes engine (not leaks), ECU, gearbox, diff, F1, suspension, steering, cooling system abs, brake hydraulics,

Power Train plus is for the 6th-12yr. Price unknown and covers engine , trans, F1.

14. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    This is the best news I've heard all year. :))))))

Thanks for pointing it out Vik....;)

nlh

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Pleasure.

16. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    The Power Service Contract is available in two ways;

1. If you purchase a vehicle from an Official Ferrari Dealer the car can be prepared and sold as as part of the Ferrari Certified Pre-owned Program. One element of this is a 12 month Power Contract. You also get a "Titleguard" check, a custmer pledge, a compression check, a 101 point inspection and any servicing is brought up to date.

2. Current Ferrari owners can purchase a Power Contract from an Authorised Dealer following an inspection but only if the car was originally purchased from an Authorised Dealer.

All cars under 10 years of age are applicable accept F40, F50 and Enzo.
    Florida dealers are unable to sell the Power Program due to state restrictions.

Different levels of cover are available and now all contracts are factory backed up to 10 years. (must be less than 60 000 miles at the time of inception)

These two programs are applicable in Canada and Hawaii.

These two Programs were launched in North America in August 2003

17. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    Power Sevice Contract

The Power Service Contract is available in two ways;

1. If you purchase a vehicle from an Official Ferrari Dealer the car can be prepared and sold as as part of the Ferrari Certified Pre-owned Program. One element of this is a 12 month Power Contract. You also get a "Titleguard" check, a custmer pledge, a compression check, a 101 point inspection and any servicing is brought up to date.

2. Current Ferrari owners can purchase a Power Contract from an Authorised Dealer following an inspection but only if the car was originally purchased from an Authorised Dealer.

All cars under 10 years of age are applicable accept F40, F50 and Enzo.
    Florida dealers are unable to sell the Power Program due to state restrictions.

Different levels of cover are available and now all contracts are factory backed up to 10 years. (must be less than 60 000 miles at the time of inception)

These two programs are applicable in Canada and Hawaii.

These two Programs were launched in North America in August 2003

18. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
  19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The two threads on this subject were merged to keep the discussion in one place.

20. P3P4

P3P4 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
  21. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    The answer I got is that no, they wouldn't :( You have to get the official Ferrari sports exhaust + ECU upgrade...

-R

22. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I think it depends on the dealer. FoOC would let it slide. Wtf, they sell and install them..........

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Hmmm, I don't see how a FNA warranty could possibly allow individual dealers to make thise kind of decisions, as the warrantied car might move to another dealer's area. I would guess they're going to be hardcore about that "no modifications" rule.

24. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    The email I received was from [email protected]... sooo yeah I think they really are going to be hardcore about it. That's a shame though. As far as I know, all warranty claims are handled by the manufacturer, not the dealer. I guess they can make the rules however they see fit, but I know the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act (or whatever it's called) states that warranty claims can't be denied for aftermarket parts unless the aftermarket part was the cause of the problem. I guess that doesn't apply to them actually letting you purchase the warranty though...

-R

25. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    A warranty is a contract, just like any other agreement. Your first step should be to read the actual warranty and see what it says. To the extent that the language is confusing, you can then ask for clarification.

Dale