some of my FFQC track photos from the infield | FerrariChat

some of my FFQC track photos from the infield

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by jpsimon, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    was great to meet some of you guys! this was one of the best weekends ever. hope you like the pictures, i have thousands (literally) that i have already edited through and am in the process of making a webpage dedicated to..

in the mean time enjoy these photos! and let me know what you think!

2. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    a few more

3. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    and a few more..

4. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    the quality is horrible because I had to downsize them and lessen the quality so i could attach them to the post! the real files i can print out at 11x14 or 16x20 inches

even though these ones are tiny, lemme know what you think!

5. chrlsstyles

chrlsstyles Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Good pics Jonah, I really like the 360 in the first pic. Any chance of emailing it to me at a higher-res, would love to have that a my background.

6. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Burning the midnight oil I see. The black frames are great looking, and your pictures look awesome, even if you did have to shrink them.

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The shots look great. What camera are you using?

8. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Jonah, you sure can take pics..I will make a deal with you, you stay behind the camera and I will stay behing the wheel.
    GREAT shots, would love to have them printed. Got your PM, thanks for the shots.
    I'll PM you later
    Do you have any pics when I was driving the CGT and the Enzo ??
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

9. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Roland,

If we get the footage from the camera you and your wife brought along (as we discussed Sunday), I'll make sure you get high resolution prints of all your favorite photos that Jonah took! Please PM me your telephone number or address and I'll take care of everything else :)

Cheers,
    Richard

10. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    I dont have any of you driving the enzo, but I may have a couple when you were in the CGT. I'm not 100% sure though because ya can't really see the driver in the photos.

Is this you driving in this picture?

11. CVBJr

CVBJr Rookie

Oct 15, 2003
  12. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    thanks!

shooting with a canon 20d, 100-400L lens.

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    lets see more!

14. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Mind posting a write up comparing the two and your F40 LM-- I'm very interested to see how they all compare in driving dynamics, speed, driveability, etc...

15. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
  16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    JP Simon- what camera do you use- your shots are awesome...

17. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Yes, it is and the owner is my passenger. I would love to have more shots of that ride. can you help.
    Thanks
    Roland
    F40LM

18. jpsimon

jpsimon Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    i have many shots of the cgt, ill get a bunch together and show ya

19. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
  20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You can't compare the CGT with the LM. The CGT is so "civilized" next to the LM. The ergonomics are so perfect that you don't feel "fighting" so much horsepower. It's almost easy to drive fast next to the LM. I can't imagine what you could do with slicks on the CGT. For sure a major step toward the ultimate car to be used any days. The Enzo was an other story, maybe "wilder" should be the word. Took way more skill to go fast , it's so more direct with stronger brakes. The rush at acceleration felt stronger than the CGT.
    Both cars are just amazing to drive with performance maybe above the LM. Remenber that we have here 14 years of tech. difference. A race version of these super car would for sure leave me behind. Things I have better, it's the sound, the raw power from the twin turbos and of course the look with the rarety of the LM. For so called street cars, the amount of ground force is very close the my race car. Just amazing to be able to do what we did with street tires !! Thanks to Dan Heard and the generous owner from Fl. who gave me that opportunity.
    Roland
    F40LM

21. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Richard, check your PM Thanks for your help
    Roland
    F40LM

22. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Hmmmm No idea why the links is not working.

Jonah can post whatever pics he wants of me and/or my car. The more the better!

During the last track session I ran I was pushing the car pretty hard. Basically, flogging the crap out of it. Lots of sideways action.... would love to see some pics of the car drifting.

Terry

23. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Ahh, much appreciated.. We have to set you up with the 3 cars + the McLaren and Pagani for a track day and have you do a Jeremy Clarkson-esque review- would love to hear it from a real professional race car drivre..

24. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Kenny, get the cars lined up and give me a ring. I would be glad to test them too...Glad that you liked my "report".
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM