The show/dyno at AllSpeed was awesome!!!! | FerrariChat

The show/dyno at AllSpeed was awesome!!!!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by pressuretested, Oct 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    It was muggy this morning but the sun came out after lunch ans we had 10 cars on the dyno. The highlights were a 04 Mercedes SL65 bi-turbo v12 (525 hp at the wheels), our very own Brian S with the 512TR (351 hp at the wheels) and Lucas' Lotus Esprit (232 hp at the wheels). We also did a top speed of Brian's TR and the dyno shut off after 205 mph. That was at 6,500 rpms and he still another 1,300 to go!!!! Awesome weather and an awesome day!!!! Thanx again Brian!

2. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Great to meet you too, Bryson. Awesome day, indeed.

Here's my chart:

[​IMG]

Luke.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had a lot of fun. The Mercedes SL65 and the dyno test of Brian's 512TR were worth the drive down from Marietta.

I even wound up with a trophy by default! The awards were given out based on number of cylinders, and it seemed I had the only 8 cylinder car there at the time the awards were being determined. As the saying goes, you've gotta be in it to win it.

Oh yeah, and there were so many pizzas left over I wound up stuffing two of them in the 328's trunk!

4. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    YEAH, without a doubt, the event was most memorable, not to mention a great gathering of nice people and great cars. MUCHO GRATZIE to Bryson and the crew at Allspeed for hosting the event. Even the weather blessed the event with warmth and sunshine.

Even though my dyno numbers were down slightly from a prior dyno run two weeks ago, it just shows the variation in dyno calibrations and the effect of warm humid air. However, what really maters, is not the overall obsolute numbers, but the area under the curve and the A/F ratio curve. I still have a little more "tweeking" to perform on the 512, but in its present state of tune, no complaints !

Everything was "five star", and the people at Allspeed(Tim & Glen) put in a long day for the benefit of everyone, and they even raised some $$ for charity as a result.

FORZA FERRARI

5. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Sounds like a great time! Sorry I missed it. I miss a lot of car events in Atlanta because of distance to the north side and work, but this one was literally within walking distance of my house, and I had to be out of town. Oh well, see you next time...

6. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    did anyone get some pics?

7. 4RECCCXLVIII

4RECCCXLVIII Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I thought the Mercedes SL65 was capable of over 600 HP (and possibly much more because it is limited electronically as to not kill the transmission)?

8. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    that's 600BHP, not wheel HP. So you've got to calculate the loss of power through the drive train, so that would be about right.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm a bit surprised no one else has posted. The 328 in the pics is mine.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Some more pics:

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    To me the highlight was seeing and hearing Brian's 512TR on the dyno. No more satisfying sound than hearing a Ferrari 12 "accelerating". In the second pic the car is on its way to a 205 mph reading!