Just purchased the 1:12 Enzo | FerrariChat

Just purchased the 1:12 Enzo

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by SupercarFreak, Oct 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Cool, you bought it from an f-chatter. I really want the 1:12 F40.

3. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I might have a Kyosho F40. Im at home atm, so I could be wrong. But if thats the one you are looking for..it's down to just 1 piece..I think

Ron

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I'm a little weary about dropping $400 on a model, even if it is my favorite car.

6. Volks

Volks Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    Hi this is my first post here, so greetings to all.

I have been visiting this site on a daily bases for the last few months, but couldn't find a good excuse to post anything. Anyway, since I've just picked up my Enzo and I'd like to share my opinion with you, hence this post.

I went over the Enzo with eagles' eyes for over 1 hour and also compared with a second Enzo. At close inspection I've found some cosmetic 'defects''.
    - some small scratches on the transparent engine cover
    - some obvious traces of glue on the right rear lower diffuser
    - small black dot on the right hand door
    - small dot on the carbon engine cover.

So I asked to shop for a second Enzo for comparison. Well, the second Enzo has fingerprints all over it.... What a big turn off ..... Anyway, I went on with the inspection.
    There are so many obvious traces of serious rubbing on the paint of the body, which left noticeable and permanent marks behind. I knew it’s not their fault, so I left the shop with the first Enzo and still felt content. As there were many envious eyes in the shops…
    Finally, I’ve paid considerably less for it......;)

7. Volks

Volks Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    UPDATE:

BE CAREFUL with the engine cover hinges. I nearly destroyed them. I pressed the cover so hard on the hinges that they became deform.

They are very delicate and fragile things. Apparently you have to click (NOT PRESSING !!) the engine cover gently onto the Enzo body.

8. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    I just left mine in the box. I think it looks great with all the covers, wheels, and doors off. You can see much more detail on this beautiful model!

9. 250GTE

250GTE Karting

Mar 21, 2004
    I debated whether to leave mine in the box, or place into a display case that I happen to have on-hand. Leaving it in the box for me would mean keeping the box closed most of the time...due to dust finding its way in if I left the lid open. Also, that is a big box and my table space is limited. So I put it in the display case.

At first I was a little surprised at how little this car weighs in relation the heft of the Tamiya F50 that I have (the F50 being composed of a lot more metal)...but that's not a big deal for me.

10. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    You can contact Tamiya USA and do a swap for the damage area on a one to one basis.
    They do stock spares and have replacement parts for almost all parts just like the actual Enzo !

11. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Very nice that detail is incredible.

12. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Those of you who owns the Tamiya Enzo in 1/12 scale..would you prefer the ABS resin body panels, or preferred it in diecast metal if you have a choice ?

13. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Those small hairline scratches can be polished off with the polishing cloth enclosed in the kit !

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I had a very close look at one the other night. It's a really beautiful piece. I much perfer it in the box/unassembled then it assembled. But some of the detail work..too me anyway..didn't look all that good. But I'm a picky guy when it comes to spendinf almost 700 buck on a model to look at! Really a nice piece though

15. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Woohoo - just got an email that mine is coming via Fed Ex tmrw! Got mine for $459 + 8 bux shipping frm Tower Hobbies.

Tom B - can you please elaborate on the details you didnt think looked so hot?

16. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Get some Novus polish. It is used for polishing out tiny scratches in plastic eyeglass lenses. I use it on all my models

17. Volks

Volks Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    #18 Volks, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pics I'd like to share with you. I am quite surprised how light and small the Enzo is when sitting next to the F40.

You may guess what the scales are ;)

F40 is 1/8 Pocher
    Enzo is is 1/12 Tamiya

Sorry for the quality of te pics. I'll take more pics over the weekend with 1/18 F50 and 1/87 512TR next to the monsters. There aren't H0 / 1/144 Fcars in my collection otherwise they will be there as well.

P.S.
    Hires pics are here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login