Ferrari F50 and Enzo in Yorkville. Video! | FerrariChat

Ferrari F50 and Enzo in Yorkville. Video!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by zFlea, Jul 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zFlea

zFlea Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    First time poster, love the site and the community and im hoping you'll love this video.
    My friend calls me last night at 10:00 est and says theres a F50 and Enzo parked together in yorkville. so i immediately drive down and my jaw drops. I wasnt even aware of one in canada, and there it was, in all its glory, alongside an Enzo!. I also took some pics with my iphone so if you guys want, which i bet you will, just let me know ;) This looks like the right section to post this but if it needs to be moved no worries

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSjuuh709s[/ame]

2. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Is this your video? If so, it's gone viral on Facebook and Twitter. Great catch.

IMO the F50 is one hideous car, but that's probably the Toronto sighting of the millennium.

Welcome! Are you an owner or an enthusiast?

3. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Did you have a change of underwear???

Thanks for sharing, awesome catch!!!

Chris

4. zFlea

zFlea Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    Ya this is my vid, Im glad you guys like it. Im not an owner but i've always loved ferraris, especially the F50. Hate or love it, it's extremely exotic and thats what i love about it. Looks like nothing else on the road. Im hoping for a thousand views, that would be cool.

5. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I'd like to see the pictures you took of the cars if you don't mind.

6. liquidsilk

liquidsilk Formula Junior

May 27, 2008
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Zain
    ^Yes please, that would be great! :)

I posted your video the day after you saw it in the Ontario Thread, so it has been getting views from fchat for a while. Awesome find...amazing how there were so many people in Yorkville at the time and yet only one person managed to get a video/pics of it...

7. zFlea

zFlea Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    Ok ill upload them in an hour or so, is imgur.com good for this forum? if not whats a good pic uploader?

8. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Why do guys get a big chubby when they see posers in yorkville ? No doubt these are a rare treat to see anywhere but cruising the lenghts of belair via cumberland doesnt even allow more than 2 flicks of the flappy paddles. I for one admit to loving displaying my car but getting their at speed is the real fun. Went on an FCA cruise a couple years back seen an enzo at speed that was fun. Seen an f50 at the glen at speed that was fun . Seen a priceless 250 lm loose it at turn one at the glen that was fun , a 512 bblm ( quite possibly the best noise from an f car ever) topping 180mph. This is fun! Sorry im not really slamming you guys here or the photos i just dont get why , if you have one of these it seems the only place they routinely appear is yorkville. And its traffic kaos. Frankly i have been there myself with my daily driver and i dont even know how one even gets a spot to park at all.... I just dont get it

Gary
    Espada

9. revolutionf355

revolutionf355 Karting

Apr 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    W
    When you have an Enzo or F50 you could park where the **** u want :)
    They problably were just eating around there and rip up the DVP afterwards.

10. zFlea

zFlea Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
  11. zFlea

zFlea Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    #11 zFlea, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I heard that the F50 wasn't street legal in Canada due to lack of crash testing or some bumper issue?

Was that incorrect or did something change in the regs.

Great spot.

Thanks.

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Yes, originally the F40 and F50 failed Canadian crash standards, so they were both illegal.

However, if a car is more than 15 years old, it is considered "classic" or "historic" status, so it can be registered without safety or emission certification anytime after the 15 year period. I'm assuming the 288GTO and Enzo all passed safety without restrictions during their original years.

F40 = Years 1987-1992
    F50 = Years 1995-1997

14. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #14 Racer44, Jul 13, 2011
  15. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    WHATEVER.............

16. liquidsilk

May 27, 2008
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Zain
    Then that means there are atleast 5 in Canada. We have 3 in total in Ontario. :D

Great pictures zFlea. Thanks for sharing!

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #17 starboy444, Jul 13, 2011
    F50 is the "black sheep" .... It certainly has the performance and engineering of a supercar, but the body shape really doomed it IMHO. I'm not one to attack this legendary beast....but its really a typical bloated 90's supercar.

It looks like a cross between a 355 Spyder, Catfish, and Fishing boat. Although the interior is amazing, very simple and sporty, and the engine/transmission is F1 calibre. Its hard to take it seriously.

I forgot to mention that when the F50 came out (15 years ago) it always reminded me of this when I was a younger:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    #18 Forza355, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    I count six...

3x in Ontario
    2x in B.C.
    1x in Quebec

I second that! I'm disappointed I couldn't make it on Saturday; it would have been a thrill to see the F50 and 8C!

19. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe

Excellent - thanks!

20. liquidsilk

May 27, 2008
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Zain
    Funny I feel the same way about car shows/meets. What is the point of gathering up in a parking lot and just...parking? Sure you get to talk to fellow enthusiasts but that can be done several other places including restaurants (where I have often seen/heard people talking about cars) and even on the internet. When you see a car at a car show you kind of expect it to be there which eliminates the element of surprise. It's like seeing a lion at a zoo versus seeing it in the wild. Not bashing those who attend these meets, as I do myself sometimes but I just wanted to put it out that there are more exciting ways of seeing cars in person.

21. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Track days fill the void somewhat but as the prices rise the car counts and precentage of rare jewels drop at these events as well. God bless Goodwood festival of speed !

Gary
    Espada

22. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Honestly how the hell do these guys ever get a parQking spot and when they do dont they have concerns the moment they walk away?

Gary
    Espada

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Dont forget Alberta...

24. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    #24 Forza355, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    ZR?

I didn't know he owns one.

25. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Well I didnt say ZR. :)

But there is at least one out there. It has even been posted here already.