Will New F430 really depreciate the CS??? | FerrariChat

Will New F430 really depreciate the CS???

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360CS, Sep 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #1 360CS, Sep 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Theres a lot of speculation over the arival of the new F430, no doubt its new and look a great car, however some say that the current 360m,s will come bouncing down in value??

And that the CS prices will take a dive too!!

Ive recently purchased a CS and pondered for some time on the two cars??

The CS for me is exactly what i want from an FCAR ie trackday experience and great overall road presence, I think the F430 looks great ..But not as refined as the CS....this car looks aggressive with its slightly moulded refinements over the standard 360m...

Just wondered what the word was over the POND!!!!!????????

Joe :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    we'll find out soon enough!

the CS surely isn't going ot appreciate in value, so the only issue is what the downward curve might look like - not whether there's a downward curve.

until 430 deliveries start, we just won't know.

remember that 1999 355 Spiders kept trading hands right around MSRP for about two full years into 360 production. admittedly that's spider -vs- berlinetta, but maybe there's a parallel to be drawn vis-a-vis CS -vs- berlinetta.

the 430 wait lists are chock full (of heady goodness!). CS production is nearly complete. neither car is going to get "less rare" in the next couple years so i doubt we'll see any sudden drops.

doody.

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Good points,

Do you know what the Stradale build numbers for the US were?? and /or the UK ive been told UK 100 cars to the UK and no more are now available.

4. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    I think the 430's "unobtainium" status and street prices over 250K should help keep all of the prices in the 360 family buoyant for awhile. I don't think 360 prices will take a significant hit until the 430 premiums start heading down. Just my WAG, of course!

So enjoy your CS and don't worry about depreciation!

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i don't know the details on production numbers. the original math was 900 cars to be produced, but they were careful not to commit to a "limited production vehicle" angle. there were rumors that production would be upped to 1200. my understanding is that that did not happen. i do not know when NA deliveries will cease.

the off-the-cuff estimates back when were 300 or so units to NA. but the only folks who really know are FNA and they don't usually comment on such stuff until the model run is over (as i understand it).

doody.

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

To be honest i dont really care but like to keep a breast on these things....

The car is just so bloody great that Money didnt come into it..

So Doody ,

Are you saying that in the states you can still spec and buy a NEW CS?? or have i read into yr post to far..

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i really don't know. there are definitely cars being delivered in october in NA. i have no clue how long production will continue or whether it's done already.

doody.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Probably not to much but the F430 CS sure will ;)

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    ferrari of beverly hills and ferrari of orange county told me very recently that they have placed the last of their stradale orders. that's it for them. no more. i would imagine that the other dealers in the US have likely placed the last of their orders as well.

10. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    interesting data, 720. that would mean they all should be delivered by the end of the year.

doody.

11. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    everything that Ferrari makes lately will fall hard

anything made after 1989 that is

they're making way too many of everything

12. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    As one who will be getting a 430, I do not believe present owners of the CS have anything to worry about regarding resale value. Do you realize that many of the "advances" in the 430 the CS already has? The Ceramic brakes, the sport exhaust, the light weight wheels and 19 inch tires, the faster shifting F1, button to start and so on. Finally the CS is lighter and performance seems comparable.

The CS is very limited production with less than 700 in N. America. Dealers are no longer taking orders and the factory is building the last ones. Resale values will remain high. It is quite a car for the money.

13. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    The 360 CS prices should stay pretty stable. We will see the premium disappear and may be a slight discount from MSRP. But the CS prices will stay level because the low production numbers. The 360 Modena and Spyder will see a greater price drop then the CS.

14. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Allmost every car nowadays is gonna depreciate. There is allways the NEW and BETTER ones comming out every couple of years.

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    FOLI is not getting any more Cs allocations. i was fortunate enough to get one of the last ones. As for pricing i think that the 360 coupe and spider will deppreciate more than the CS and keep in mind that the F430 waiting list will be just as bad as the 360 if not worst. so no one know.

16. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I have on on the water right now. Expected delivery toward the middle of October

17. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Totally agree. Not sure if paying over MSRP on the 430 will continue quite as long as it did on the 360.....to be continued.

18. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    All you CS owners will by now know what a great car it is, Im sure that as more F430,s are released and remember were talking a good few yrs here the CS will be a rare car as some will be totalled on track ,Fire ,accidents etc etc ..

Not a pleasant thought but very very probable..

I was told by Ferrari UK today 110 cars or there about in UK registration of which some will go into Europe .ie France, Spain, Im trying to locate my build No which im enquiring about today

These Guys( Ferrari UK) think im Mad!!! Perhaps i am!!! on Ferrari,s :)

19. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #19 360CS, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

20. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Wishful thinking -- looks like you're hoping to get a "later" model at a bargain price. :D :D

21. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    How about the laptime/$$$-ratio for both cars?

Guess the 430 with 490 hp will find a way to equal the 360 CS Fiorano laptime. That's giving pressure on the 360 CS value.
    Anyway, the limited 360 CS is sold out. The factory doesn't care :)

In a year you'll get a good choice between both as used cars in the same price/performance segment.

forza

cinque

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Good Hoping Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gonna be a long one thats for sure :-0

23. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

No the CS is 30 secs quicker ...but not sure the 430 had Carbon brakes will find out 2mo i imagine it did!!!

24. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Like, who cares?

the opportunity cost of NOT driving a CS right now is GIGANTIC and greatly outweighs any prospective depreciation which may occur in a year or so when the 430 shows, and even after "lighter and faster is better" type owners may prefer the CS. The CS "Net Present Value" accounting for future depreciation in driving fun $$$ is HUGELY POSITIVE!

it's the most fun car available [key word] today.. for some of us.

25. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Your not wront G,

I think the car is the NUTS!!!!!