Thank You! | FerrariChat

Thank You!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 360 Spyder, Sep 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Let me first say Thank You to FCI for letting us watch Ferrari dominate this morning and second to all the people who came out to enjoy the race. It was awesome seeing all those beautiful Ferrari's being driven as well as a privilage to put some more faces to names. And hey, I was impressed that my Grand Am caught up to that lead 348 as quick as I did. (I know you were holding back bud! ;) ) And last, but not least by a long shot...Thank You to Mr. Rapp for allowing me to snap a few quick pics of your Enzo sir. I would love to be allowed the privilage of doing it again anytime!

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#2 Ricambi America, Sep 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rob -

What gives man? Now you only want pictures of the Enzo? The rest of us 3x8 owners feel left out. The race was pretty intense... wish we'd had some time to shoot the breeze afterwards, or you joined us at the Auto-X. Although it was a very short-lived drive, our shot from FCI to AutoX was pretty wild. Our local North Carolinans were fleeing for their lives with 6 Ferrari's screaming down the freeway with visions of Monza still fresh in the driver's minds. Yes, I was the lead car. Speed will not be disclosed.

Anyone that has been to the old Foreign Cars Italia location in Greensboro will be simply stunned when they see the new facility that's nearing completion. It is simply stunning, plenty of wide open spaces, lots of room for service, multiple detail-bays, real offices for the employees, and most importantly, good secure storage space.

Although we didn't get to go inside (wet floors), it looks like FCI is really scaling up. Ferrari, Maserati, Aston, and Porsche -- heaven on earth.

Once again, big thanks to Bob Snow for another great FCA event. This was (IMHO) the best F1 race of the season with legitimate competition and strategy. Although I have my "grassy knoll" theories about Schumi's spin, it was terrific to see another 1-2 win. The other "Bob" had the right idea when he instructed me to peg the volume on the TV just as the flag dropped... what a glorious sound (even if it was on television).

NOW, here are a very few pictures from the event. Can anyone name the newest member of the 348 brotherhood? Check out his totally cherry 1991 348ts, and the poop-eatin' grin that my co-pilot (Jeremy) snapped.

-Daniel

p.s. N24RE, if you don't join us for some hard-core driving soon I'll "out" you as a garage queen! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I truely wish I would have been able to follow to the Auto-X, but my wife had called while we were getting back on the highway and she needed me to come back home. Any one who would like more pictures of his/her car, just let me know. I enjoy taking the pics as it gives me more practice and lets me see more nice cars.

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Rob share your pics with us! I didn't get a chance to snap any myself, so I'd like to see yours. By the way I'm the guy with the same sony camera(didn't really introduce myself properly, sorry bout that). I did see that grand-am flying by Kevin and I in the 355 to catch up to Daniel. Hey wait team orders dictate you can not pass Kevin and I oh wait we let you guys win hahahaha

Thanks for letting us watch the race with your Ferrari guys! Also many thanks to Kevin for driving me for a minute in his 355 and even more thanks to Daniel for letting me crash his place/ride/drive the most spotless nero 348 around! Wish I could make it to the next one, but I'll be watching the Petit Lemans at Road ATL that weekend.

I believe our newest 348 member's name is David Halford??? I'm trying to remember what his name tag said.

5. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    He's David Hafford from Pfafftown and he just got his '91 348 from FCI a few weeks ago.

I took a few photos which you will see here later today and on the www.fca-nc.com site when I get the story written.

It was great to see you all there and to watch a genuinely exciting GP. Thanks for coming and I look forward to this Saturday with all of you at Penske's shop and watching Shanghai in Raleigh on the 26th.

Bob

6. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Foreign Cars Italia and the Italian GP . . .

7. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #7 bruceski3, Sep 13, 2004
    I enjoyed the hospitality that Foreign Cars Italia showed on Sunday to all of us. I want to thank everyone for letting my father and I join to watch the GP race and tour the new Foreign Cars Italia lot. I love the idea of the 4 Pods out front were the 4 Main brands will be represented and the way they designed it.
    I did lose site of all the cars once everyone got on the interstate but I got stuck behind a Van merging on the on ramp. I snapped a few pics at the Auto X when i found my camera.
    One thing i have learned is that I don't like Redlights.

8. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    It was good to see you Bruceski3......wait bruce ski ??? brewsky as in beer hahaha

I'm sure you had fun and good to see you posting!

Check it out you think this means something?? 328 posts.....????

"
    Full Name: Jeremy Stafford
    "

9. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    #9 N24RE, Sep 13, 2004
    OK OK Daniel....I must admit that my car has turned into a bit of garage queen of late. Not to make excuses but when I bought it 5 years ago I put 5k miles on it before the first year was up....and it was a blast. I have been working way too much lately. It takes a lot of time to be an engineer by day and a Lamborghini salesman by night ;-)...plus doing website and such on the side

Also after driving a hundred or so Ferraris in the past 3 years I have to admit that I love my 328 the best....and so she deserves to get out of the garage more often

Ciao'

Steve

PS...take a look at the mess I had in my garage a few weeks ago =-)

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Caption contest for the above picture:

(1) "Heck, anybody can work on these cars!"
    (2) "All these leftover pieces probably weren't needed anyway."
    (3) "Yes sir, this will be covered by your bumper-to-bumper warranty"
    (4) "Crap, if Steve finds out that I drove it home, he'll kill me."
    (5) "Set idle to 1100, let F40 run for 5 minutes. Voila, a butt-warmer for your favorite mechanic!"

Place your votes now...

11. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Number 4 is right on the money =-)

-sj-

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hah! Been there, done that (twenty years ago), learned not to do that again!

-Peter

13. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    No kidding....next time...and I hope there isn't a next time....I'll do all the work at the shop =-)

( I had to do it at home due to the time frame for the job)

Oh...and for the record this was a complelty legit operation...all persons involved were aware of the situation...just so no one thinks I am out joy riding their cars when in for service

Ciao

Steve