7 'Free' Lamborghini's | FerrariChat

7 'Free' Lamborghini's

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Bill_OBrien, Aug 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAB

SAB Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    South Wales, UK
    That is totally bizarre!

2. Johnny_Bluejeans

Jul 17, 2009
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You better make sure your iron underpants are on tight before you start that thing up!

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looks like the Lamborghini Club of Louisiana is diversifying its business. :p

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I think they are the"all story" cars from Baton Rouge....I would'nt take the cars for free personally.

5. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Until EbaY allows prostitutes to actively solicit on their site, I'll have to say this is the strangest "item" I've ever seen listed to date :)

6. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    +1 !

7. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Think??? Of course they are....

-mick

8. ShortHillsAudi

Aug 6, 2010
    Short Hills, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jack A.
    what are the "all story" cars?

9. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    There use to be a dealer that would pick up local strippers and put in his ebay lamborghini auctions...I am sure the girls could have been negotiated in the deal :)

10. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Katrina cars

11. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    He buys Lamborghinis that are involved in accidents from the insurance companys, they can come from anywhere , any state, the story is they have damage that usally can be fixed, I am driving one right now. some people tell me I got lucky, but if the Lambo club says it runs and drives you can bet it does .

12. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    #14 gday, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    And which lambo club is this?? Not one that I've heard of.

-mick (President of Mick's Lambo Club).

13. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ...................................That would be the Lambo club of LA., I don`t think its a '' official '' club afffiliated with Lamborghini of North America, but i did purchase a Diablo from them, they do not come with any warranty, its a take your chances type of deal , you can only tell so much about the car from photos . It worked out for me , I really like my Diablo , but I had to get my hands dirty for a long time before I could drive ( which I knew I had to do ) .

14. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .............................................................................................. the blue Murcielago is one hell of a nice looking car, and for a buy it now at $ 99,000, who cares if its a salvage or rebuilt title, I would not , just drive it and enjoy it ., the White car is almost new but will take some work, and it comes with the chassis section from another car, not a easy fix but not impossible , worth it if you like paddle shifters. I would buy again from this seller .

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

I have to agree with you here..there is always someone for a car..regardless of its history..when it comes to these cars..it is like OMG it had a fender bender..throw it away in the ocean..qickly NOW it aint worth crap..

In all my years..some of the BEST Deals I ever had for myself were an auction salvage car..REMEMBER one thing.. a lot of time these exspensive cars are written off by the insiurance company becuase their VALUABLE client insists on it..and they will eat this one to keepo the rest of his business..

A lot of these cars are worth every penny for a buyer that wants to make some repairs and drive and enjoy the car..then when it comes to selling it down the road..wont loose his butt..

IMO, I would not get a car with significant frame damage..but a lot of the other with just body panels and cosmetic errors..yep worth it.

16. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #18 Huskerbill, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010

+1000.

If you find a nice Salvage car(s), I would always love to hear about it. I have never owned a Salvage title car but am not opposed to it. Every car has value no matter what it has been through. If you get into the car at or below that "value mark" you are fine.

I know one poster above aluded to not wanting the car if it was free. I would take a car that has had the frame completely straightened, every panel replaced, a fire, a flood and even locusts if the price was right. ;-)

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The 40th anniversary car is nice. I saw one in person a few years ago and the color looks great in person. $99k seems like a nice price for it, but the I'm not sure about his "repairs" that would justify writing a $100k check for. Can you even insure a car after it gets a salvage title??? I know in FL a lot of dealers somehow get a "clean" title for them...weird.

18. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ...........................................................................Every state is different , usally you get papers that you bring to a authorized inspection station after the repairs are made, then the state issues you a title that has listed on it that it had previous damage or lists the car as rebuilt, sometimes its a regular title but a title search will reveal damage history, or salvage history, once you get the title getting insurance is no problem, actually you can get insurance beforehand like I did , as soon as I got the car i got insurance on it ,even before I got the plates . With the depreiation of buying a new car then trying to sell it later and losing a ton of money , the salvage cars from the Lambo club of louisana are fun and cheap ( relatively speaking , they still are alot more money than a Camaro )

19. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    I forgot to mention some of these cars have allready been through the inspection process and have a transferrable title, and others have not , sometimes the cars are bought directly from the insurance company and have not been seen in person, therefore no guarantee can be given on its exact condition, when this is the case its listed in the auction, that was the case in my 98 Diablo SV,it was listed by the insurance Co. as runs and drives but in its condition it was in it did not ( the oil cooler and suspension was ripped out ) which the seller told me as such, After all the repairs were done then it did run and drive , Lucky Me . I will add that even after a years time , the seller still is friendly with me , answers my Emails and phone calls and retains 100 % ebay positive feedback .

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #22 Spasso, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    I just noticed that the seller is here on Fchat,

murcielago8898

http://www.thebestemployee.com/forum/member.php?u=88543

This is the same guy that was peddling the smashed Boxer on ebay a few months ago,
    Newman found the car, originally Black and totaled, then patched together and put up on ebay.

See this thread, VERY illuminating. http://www.thebestemployee.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270409&highlight=ebay+boxer. PICTURES!!

Some interesting responses from the seller when he was called out by a couple of Fchatters.

I would NOT believe ANYTHING in this guy's ads!!!!

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    See my revised post above.

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    So I'll bump this again before anyone gets suckered into this.

This is the same guy that was peddling the smashed Boxer on ebay a few months ago,
    Newman found the car, originally Black and totaled, then patched together and put up on ebay.

See this thread, VERY illuminating. http://www.thebestemployee.com/forum...ght=ebay+boxer. PICTURES!!

Some interesting (and flippant) responses from the seller when he was called out by a couple of Fchatters.

I would NOT believe ANYTHING in this guy's ads!!!!