"Husker" grill now available by special order | FerrariChat

"Husker" grill now available by special order

Discussion in '348/355' started by Husker, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #1 Husker, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    *edit - deleted. I believe this thread has offended Rob. My apologies.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So is this the only reason you came back? Maybe you were lacking attention in the real world? A little of both?

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    for the record, I have asked Rob Lay to delete this entire thread since it was offensive to him.

4. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Not a very nice way to treat a valued member of the community ROB! (but somehow I am not really surprised)

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ?

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    !=

7. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
  8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #8 Night life, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #9 Husker, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    Guys...

In Rob's defense, he told me via PM that he was in the camp that was "sick of me", and while he was not specific as to the reasons, I believe it is because of some/most/all of my postings in the "Silver Subscribed" forums in the past.

I offered by PM to not create any new threads in that section whatsoever if we could start a "clean slate" so to speak. His response was (paraphrase) "I would ban you if I wanted to...and if you post something that needs moderating you'll know about it..."

Realizing then that there would be no "clean slate", I then asked Rob to kindly delete the entire thread so that we don't both get PMs about it, and here is the exchange of PM:

HUSKER:

"Fine. How about you just delete the entire thread and let's move on? I think that I have a very good reputation in the 348 community and your post comes across as an attack on me, and for no apparent reason. You and I are both going to get PMs on it.

Can you just delete the thread? And if you intend on attacking me for a post that doesn't need moderating, can you just tell me that upfront so that I don't post further?"

ROB:

"if you want to post on FerrariChat.com, then you need to suck up what you get in return. you deserve whatever you get good or bad based on your history on FerrariChat."

So the short answer is, Rob isn't a big fan of Husker, and perhaps for several reasons - some might be valid, some maybe not so much.

In any event, this should be a lesson for those that might come down on the wrong side of Rob: He apparently hasn't "forgive and forget" in him, as I asked him to kindly delete this entire thread so that we could move on and he declined.

AS FOR THE GRILL, I hardly have a profit motive - the "profit" on this thing for me personally is quite small. It's more of a hobby than anything else.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Collin, you are right, this is about your Silver threads, not the grill or anything in 348/355. Your threads are fun to some and trolling to others, it also isn't fun to get FBI subpoenas because of threads you start. In other words much time wasted and putting off of other users in Silver for not much in return there.

You have also been a user long enough to know you aren't allowed to post personal communications (email or PM) online without the other users permission. I can handle it because I'm the admin, but that would be banable if you did that to anyone else. I suspect though most things previous and current including this are related to the confession you "hated FChat and only stuck around to cause trouble".

I think it is pretty clear now where you and I both stand to everyone. I would be willing to block Silver section from you as it seems you are requesting. You would still be able to add the "good value" you add to other areas of FerrariChat while avoiding the threads below you started in Silver…

My neighbor the perv and molestor (long)
    I'm thinking about starting a midget wrestling league
    Short rant about my narcissist mom
    Lunch with a midget wrestler!
    Why don't urinals have privacy doors?
    How do you say "I've got to do the number 2?"
    If a nursing mother had her nipples pierced...
    If a lesbian has sex with other women but never with a man...
    I want to start a cat and rat farm
    Most famous person you've taken a dump next to?
    Wow this R/C airplane deal is expensive
    MEN ONLY POLL: Do you always wash your hands afterward?
    Ever dated a sweat hog?
    Where have you hurled?
    Do you ever take a dump in a public bathroom?
    Whatever happened to...
    You and Uranus
    Can someone tell me about the Husker Ranch?
    If you have a hunch of something smelly...
    I want to raise some chincillas
    AMISH MY RIDE!!!
    The HANDICAPPED epidemic!!!
    Is your father-in-law a tool?
    Any male F-chatters who used to be female?
    If a monogamous lesbian got a sex change...
    Thoughts on dating a girl and her boyfriend

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    as I explained, has nothing to do with anything out of Silver, but call me a little suspicious he returns to first post another thread in Silver and then promote his business. For someone that hates FChat and just likes to cause trouble he certainly likes it for personal gain.

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #12 Husker, Aug 23, 2010
    Rob, I wonder why you didn't provide me with "where I stand" last evening when I specifically asked for it?

1. I would like to see that quote that says "I hate FChat and just like to cause trouble." If it is out there, it is manufactured. I actually like F-chat and have complimented you on the product a number of times, and you are well aware of that. I would post those PMs too, but since it is apparently a violation of board rules, I will not.

2. The Grill is hardly a business. I will NEVER recoup my investment in the design of that thing even if it sold to half of the 348 owners out there. It is a hobby and nothing more, nothing less.

3. The threads in Silver - most but not all - are tongue-in-cheek. You got called by the FBI on one thread because, in my opinion, you had an overzealous poster, who himself I believe had impure motives, that you refused to reign in. I'm not blaming the gentleman for contacting the FBI (if he indeed did); each citizen has his responsibilities to society, and freely being able to contact authorities should be encouraged. But that is not my fault.

4. If tongue-in-cheek posts are not/were not allowed on the board, then that needs to be explained upfront. Furthermore, there needs to be a thorough purging on the subscribed forums since probably half of the threads are meant to be humorous. The one at the top of the board right now is "I didn't know Amish people have grey hair" or something of that order.

I always thought that the forum was mostly for car discussion, but the "subscribed" forums were mostly for fun, if not for sharing rants, raves, and whatever other curve balls life throws at us. Apparently not.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I told you exactly where I stood last night. Next time you break a rule by posting PM's, at least post the entire thing instead of adding ... where you see fit for slanted meaning.

I made it very clear I wasn't happy you were back, suspicious of your motives, but I would let the community opinion handle it and not moderate you myself.

Do you want me to block Silver for you? I will be happy to do that just like when users request I block their P&R.

14. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #14 Husker, Aug 23, 2010
    Posting part of the PM wasn't in order to "slant" anything. I just didn't think the rest was particularly relevant. But perhaps it is.

Out of respect for transparency, would you would you be agreeable to posting the entire PM exchange between us last night? I give my permission. That way there is no "slanting".

As for the Silver block, I am not asking to be fitted a muzzle; if the rules of the forum are clearly spelled out, I feel confident that I can comply. I simply asked,you, OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOU AND YOUR PRODUCT, your preference last night and you did not give it, only offering me "if you need to be moderated you'll know..." or something to that effect.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Collin, you are playing me and FerrariChat again, just standard operation for you I guess.

A complete sentence from one of your PM's last night made it pretty clear I thought...

I am giving you that opportunity now. You have no reason for Silver if you stick to car related threads elsewhere.

16. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #16 Husker, Aug 23, 2010
    i give up. well, not quite yet. you accuse me of parsing PMs, when you turn around and do the same (without my permission) to build your point. I was merely asking you last night out of respect, what your wishes would be. I wasn't asking to be muzzled, but offering that if it was your preference.

And I do give permission to offer up all of last night's exchanges between us. But let's post all of them in the interest of full disclosure here.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    player can't stop playing, that's the problem. I wish you the best.

18. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Nothing improves a tired Monday morning (after Vegas) then reading an exhilerating exchange between Husker and Rob... :)

Kai

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you are just proving yourself to be a first class troll double talking. posting partial PM's, telling me to post the PM's, and then telling me it’s against the rules when I post one of your PM's unedited.

20. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    I feel like I'm "reading" Ali vs Frazier.... "DOWN GOES FRAZIER!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!"

21. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Guys...sorry to disappoint but the matter has been settled. Rob and I have, by mutual agreement, decided for me never to post in the "Silver Subscribed" forum. Rob did not coerce me in any way on this - it was a mutual decision out of respect for the board. I believe that the matter is officially resolved now.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, Husker not in Silver is the agreement, for chinchilla advice please contact Husker offline.