Maserati 5000GT 018 Ghia | FerrariChat

Maserati 5000GT 018 Ghia

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by nico5000GT, Jul 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nico5000GT

nico5000GT Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Nicolas Maier
    #1 nico5000GT, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    NEP likes this.
  2. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    Hi there..
    I believe that the car is still with the Innocenti family but thenI dont think anyone knows for sure.. The only missing 5000GT..

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Nik

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Possibly repainted twice and then "lost" since the Bernard Cahier test-drive in 1962!
    Most likely with the Innocenti-Family but never (!!) seen in public since `62!

Ciao!
    Walter

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Googling a few moments yielded this:

Gianfranco Innocenti – Responsible for Microtechnologies and Nanotechnologies at Fiat Research Center.

He is the grandson of the founder and the one who got a Miura, one of the last built (lets NOT get into that here!).

http://www.venetonanotech.it/en/news-events/nanotech-news/the-era-of-nano-writing-and-of-super-polymers-begins,3,8111

His father and grandfather died long ago so he is your chance to get an answer.

Now your turn to google further Nicolas!

best regards,

Marc

5. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I did some digging on this car not long ago with a secret service guy I know who is in Milan. We searched and searched through part of the Innocenti clan and even contacted a couple people at the properties but no luck. No one knew of any of the collectable cars, or they just weren't saying....

6. bellabarbas

bellabarbas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Corrado
    Once again a little research at italian's PRA gives us the right answer.
    Innocenti was not the last owner of the 018 but only the first !
    He was the owner only for six months.
    In 1962 the 018 was sold at petroleum company in Milan and two years later at a lucky book-keeper in Turin.

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Trust me if they knew they did not want to share information, in Italy secrets are the norm, not disclosure.
    This generates another probelm in that often they deny something that is obvious, something I noticed a number of times during my six months in Modena so the current Hockenheim team order row and the way Domenicali is denying the obvious is also a culture shock issue.

Bellabarbas have you identified and contacted this book keeper?

best regards,

Marc

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The gernal questions is till there: is the car still existing or not?

Ciao!
    Walter

9. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    It's beyond me how basic facts about such a car - especially if it still exists(!) - can be kept a secret. But again, I suppose that is exactly what people say and think everytime a major barnfind is done!

Cheers,
    Gabriel

10. nico5000GT

nico5000GT Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Nicolas Maier
    The badge from this car in 1962 was PROVA MI 718.
    Was this badge from the first owner ?
    Or from Bernhard Cahier the test driver ..

Best regards
    Nicolas

11. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    The license plate on the car when driven by Cahier was most likely one of the factory's test driving (Prova) license plates.

According to Cahier's article in Sports Car Graphic (January 1962), the car was picked up by him at the factory in Modena, where he drove it together with Bertocchi.

Cheers,
    Gabriel

12. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Also interesting to notice that when Cahier drove the car it didn't have the trident on the grille, as shown in the first picture of this thread.

Cheers,
    Gabriel

13. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Nor did it have an external rear mirror when Cahier drive it, which most likely means that the picture on this thread is taken at some point after his test drive.

Cheers,
    Gabriel

14. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Is there a tax record of these vehicles? Don't owners have to pay yearly taxes on luxury vehicles?

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #15 Nembo1777, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    You are right Adolfo Orsi once helped me to track down the history of a Khamsin years ago, you have to pay a government office. I know Marcel Massini does it often for vintage Ferraris.

They pay a tax certainly yes, however when I mentioned that Italy is a secretive country I meant to say that individuals most often choose not to divulge or answer such private information when asked: they simply don't answer. For example I have been after an important archive in Italy for a year and the owner won't even respond! Getting it via government channels for a fee is something else. All that data is however far less accessible than in the US or some other countries like Sweden where it is all online for free: not Italy!

best regards,

Marc

16. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Some record from the Innocenti clan tax record must exist showing when they last paid or are currently paying taxes on this chassis. The right palm must be greased for this one though........

17. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    In Italy everything ticks different!
    If the car is owned by someone who did not road-register the car its impossible to find anything in official papers. And I doubt very much that the Italian gouverment still have the tax-records from the 60ies!

Ciao!
    Walter

18. bellabarbas

bellabarbas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Corrado
    In Italy the tax-records are preserved for only five years, but if possible to know if they were paid from 1994 at today.
    But just today I have the last news from italian's PRA and I can say who the 018 was sold again to Milan at April 1965. The search continues....
    (Marc/Nembo1777 I can contact the last owner in Milan, if I find the right person)

Ciao at all !!!

19. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

Really? If possible, keep the hits coming. I would love to hear more about this car.

20. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!