Selling my 1986 328GTS Euro | FerrariChat

Selling my 1986 328GTS Euro

Discussion in '308/328' started by CraigFL, Aug 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Sorry to see it go..... Check out FerrariAds.com for the details or ask me questions here if you want to know more.

2. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    any special reason for selling??

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    FINANCIAL REASONS OR UPGRADING??

4. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Unfortunately, my diabetic wife has reached the kidney failure stage and it seems like there is no time to enjoy it anymore. And, right now, I can't justify having the money tied up in the car. Maybe after she has a transplant and things settle down I can look for another one.

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    CRAIG

IM A TYPE 2 DIABETIC AND KNOW ALL THE NEGATIVETY ABOUT OUR DISEASE...MY DR PUT ME ON LOTENSIN, JUST FOR THE KIDNEY REACTIONS, SO FAR, THANK GOD ITS WORKING

PRAYERS GO OUT FOR YOUR WIFE, FOR A SHORT, SPEEDY RECOVERY!!

BRUCE

6. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Craig,

Back in February I sold my 87 328 GTS because my wife needed a transplant. I feel you pain and understand what you are going through. My wife had a multi-organ transplant (5 organs!) back in May. I sold the car because of the the many unknowns back. Also, there was no joy driving the car when my wife was severly sick.

Now that my wife is recouperating and doing well (she's still in the hospital) I am looking into getting another Fcar. I hope by spring. Keep the faith and I wish you and your wife lots of luck.

Theo

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Theo & Craig:

Though it used to be a given that a spouse would act in this way, it's not anymore. So I want to say how much I respect the priorities the two of you obviously have.

I'm 22, and have been married a little over two years. I have no memories of either of my grandmothers being healthy, but lots of memories of both of my grandfathers centering their lives around the care/love/devotion of their wives. One grandmother had brain cancer, the other had severe diabetes and was bipolar.

Both are gone now, but I have no doubt that my expections of myself as a husband are very different from those of some of my peers, and I'm grateful for that.

Again, I really respect the two of you. I hope everything turns out well for both of you.

8. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Craig,

I wish you and your wife the best. Hearing why you are selling the car is a strong reminder to me of how lucky I am.

Mario

9. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Craig, I wish your wife(and you) the best and am thankful for the reminder to count our blessings! Good luck, John

10. South Dakota Rich

Jun 15, 2004
    Middle of Nowhere
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm really sorry to hear that. My daughter has type 1 diabetes and this is the sort of thing I fear worst.

Your 328 is beautiful. I've been staring at it all day long.

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Craig....and Bruce,

Coincidentally, my name is Craig too.

I'm a type 1 diabetic, using an insulin pump and also taking Lotensin.

Craig, is your wife on a pump; it's helped my A1C readings dramatically. If she isn't, maybe it's something both of you should look into in the future.

Currently I'm in the process of trying to make a decision on having surgery. I'm told I need a minimum of 4 bypasses and an aortic valve replaced, caused mainly by diabetes

As you both know, the disease sucks!

Craig, my prayers are with you and your wife, I know all will turn out well.

Bruce, hang in there, hopefully you'll be able to control your diabetes with a proper diet and oral medication.

P.S. Maybe a Forum could be started for Ferrari owners with diabetes, or owners that have loved ones that are diabetic. It might be a good support group.

12. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Craig, very sorry to hear of your wife's condition. My thoughts go out to you both and hope she has a successful transplant and speedy recovery.

13. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm sorry to hear of this sad news with your wife, my prayers are with you both.

14. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks to all for the sympathy and support.

Craig

15. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Craig, you were one of the first F-Chatters... I signed up a couple of months after you. So sorry to hear about your wife... but glad to see you've got your priorities straight. A nice car means nothing when you've got a very sick loved one. We'll be thinking about you and your wife.

And best of luck with the sale of your 328!

16. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Craig,
    have not been much on the Chat lately so I did not see your post here before I replied to your e-mail.

Sorry to hear the bump in the road of life. Fortunately we live in a great age where we have the ability to "fix" these things and I hope your wife will find a matching donor organ soon.

This shall serve as a huge reminder for all of us to discuss organ transplants and YOUR wishes with your immediate family before it is too late. Carry an organ donor pass so it is clear what you are donating. This truely can be the greatest gift of your life. You may give to a person that will later discover a cure for another illness.

Craig, fill out that paper and fax it to me, e-mail me some photos and a good description. Forget the commission, its waived, the little I can do to help you out!

Stay strong and keep the faith!

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Good luck to your wife and hope her the best!

18. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Hang in there Craig, things will get better my friend. Just a temporary setback! :) I agree w/ Martin about the organ donation. You don't need to take them with you.

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Martin! Too cool. I wish I could do the same.

Craig, You are doing the right thing, it will come back to you.

My sincere best wishes.
    Luck to you, DJ

20. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Martin,
    What a wonderful gesture. You are very generous.

Birdman

21. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Craig,

My prayers are with you and your wife. Stay strong for her and you'll both get through it. This is quite a group of friends we have here, isn't it? :)

22. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I cannot agree more with these comments. When my father became deathly ill we brought him home, instead of taking him to a nursing home, and cared for him night and day for the last 2 weeks of his life. Almost everyone asked why we would go to all that trouble instead of taking him to a nursing home. He hated nursing homes and never wanted to be in one so we honored his wishes. We really never even considered anything else. Everyone has to die but they don't have to pass alone. Sometimes I think that most people have completely lost the ability to care for someone over themselves, or to even care at all. Sorry to hijack your thread but it is nice to see that there are people with their priorities in order. My prayers are with you and your wife. I'm sorry to hear of the problems your wife is suffering. I hope the transplant is successful and she enjoys a full recovery. Best of luck on the sale of your 328, and if you still have it in a couple of months I may be able to buy it myself. It is a beautiful car.