360 Headers on ebay for $2k? | FerrariChat

360 Headers on ebay for $2k?

Discussion in '360/430' started by swilliams, Feb 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm trying to get out of my pre-cat issue before it happens to me. I've been looking at Fab-speed headers for a while and I searched ebay for some 360 headers. I found these----
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Agency-Power-Headers-Ferrari-360-99-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ320469350453QQsspagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a102#ht_500wt_721

A few have shown sold, has anyone here used them?

Another question for those who have installed headers, How do you connect the emissions pipes that screw to the factory manifold? Do you just cap them off ?

2. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well I guess I will know in a week or so.. I did a offer of $1500 and it was accepted automatically.

Now I have to buy some aftermarket cats also.
    Still if anyone has answer to the emissions question let me know.

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    They look very nice. Good luck!

What prevents me from going with an aftermarket header is that how do you know if these aftermarket headers perform any better than stock.

I don't know if I can believe the claims about more HP and Torque.

Didn't the CS used the same headers as the 360? Maybe Trev can comment.

The stock headers have a heat sheild so you might want to measure the temperature with your new ones to see if you need to do anything about this. I've heard that someone measured the temp and found that the aftermarket headers ran hotter.

Also, you may pull emissions errors.

4. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm not worried about performance, if I get more great, but the main reason if for the pre-cat breaking problem. A local f-chatter whose exhaust had a funny smell like my car has had a precat failure a few months ago and cost him 10-12k. Thats what I'm getting away from. I think my precats may be getting ready to go.

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I am also worried about the pre-cat problem.

I hope these will install smoothly and you can solve the pre-cat issue.

Please give us updates. I might get a pair. They look fantastic and well made.

You can take digital temp readings of your current headers after warm up and after a drive to compare with the new ones.

6. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #6 swilliams, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    Yes, I have an laser temp reader. (not sure how accurate) I'll use it to measure the stock headers and the aftermarket ones.

If you bid try $1300 :) being automatically accepted makes me think there's a little left on the table :)

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes they did, watching this thread intently, if these Agency headers are any good i'll be getting a set too!

Anyone ask the seller yet how much they weigh? :)

8. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Im lucky I own a 99 Modena that no have a pre-cat. Please let us know how this bad boys perform and sound!!

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Why not just bang the existing pre-cat out of the header, and save 2k ? You'd retain the stock look, heat shields, etc.

10. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    +1
    take it to the best local muffler shop and have them to take those bastards out of the end of the collector! I think I saw a web site that are selling a upgrade collector but I can't remember where :-(
    good luck.

11. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agency Power is a division of Vivid Racing, both are respected names in the aftermarket community.

I'm fairly experienced with their products as we distribute them, although we've never sold this specific part and I cannot vouch for it, they stand behind their products if you have problems.

Good luck.

12. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good point but I figure I will keep the stock ones in the garage just in case I need then.
    I've seen these (similar fabspeed ones) installed and they do dress up the engine bay also.
    Thats why I said I have to buy aftermarket cats, so the factory ones won't look so ugly. ;)

13. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Banging out the precat may help with that issue but it doesn't change the fact that they are made of crappy steel.

I guess there are a couple of options re the air injection system. Have the old injection pipes cut off the headers and welded onto the new ones (works especially well on the Tubi aftermarket headers), or delete the secondary air injection system and have the car's ECU reflashed with 1999 software.

AFAIK you will get errors unless you do one of these two things.

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    You can always re-install new Factory headers.

Fab-speed makes replacement headers with the air rail but no precats so I think you will pull CEL codes.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Correction- Fabspeed headers do not have the cold start-up air ports.

All the aftermarket headers look nicer but thats because they don't have the heat sheild.

Somehow I think the heat sheild does matter. Would be great to get some comparison heat measurements with stock and after market.

I also do not think that they are any real performance gains with the aftermarket headers until you get to 8,500 RPM.

16. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Fabspeed headers DO have the air injection ports.

17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for the info duskybird!

I was going off the video on the Fabspeed webnsite where they say they Do Not have
    the air ports. Obviously their web site is not up to date.

How does one know when the headers need replacing?!!!

18. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm watching this thread closely. I'd appreciate someone posting the results of an install on these headers.

19. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No problem^. I will be helping my mechanic put them on so I will take some pics and let you know how it goes.

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Please weigh them before you fit them!

21. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Many aftermarket hearders are made of stainless steel. If these are, then they transfer heat a lot less that the stock pieces, so heat shiels "may" not be required.

22. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey guys glad I came across this. These are headers we actually had made a few months ago and didn't have much interest in.

We made a few sets initially for the 360 and 430. Right now we don't have stock on the 360 headers for 6 weeks approximately.

You should see a gain of about 35hp on the dyno. I don't want this to come across as a sales post so if I can answer any questions I will.

23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Do you have any dyno runs 'before' and 'after' of evidence to back up such a claim? I don't wish to come across as negative but 35hp from just the headers seems optimistic without giving the public some much needed proof!

Please quantify this because if you can you'll sell a whole lot more!

-T

24. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #24 VividRacing, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
    I'm sorry for being misleading, the F430 headers gain about 35hp, and the 360 headers about 15hp. Not bad though for gains over the stock headers.

25. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Thanks for the clarification.

These are questions people (myself included) are interested in.

1. Do they save any weight?
    2. Are they prone to cracking? Anyone tested them long term yet?
    3. What about heat disserpation vs stock headers, how much hotter do they get considering there are no heat sheilds on yours? Any temp information available?

On the hp claims, are these flywheel or @ wheel figures?

Cheers,

-T