Youngest Ferrari Owner | FerrariChat

Youngest Ferrari Owner

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 0UTXLR8, Aug 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Whats the youngest age that you have heard of someone buying a Ferrari, or being bought a Ferrari? I'm sure somewhere there is a 16 year old driving to school in one.

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I bought my daughter a Ferrari when she was 4 years of age, she still has it now.

3. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    when i was around 6 i had a Ferrari but of course couldnt drive it, then when i was i think 13 i got another one which was my dads at the time

4. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    A 16 year old at in my HS had a 348 spyder. Another girl who was 17 had a viper.

Antony

5. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had a friend in HS back in '91 who got one for his 16th birthday. I don't remember what it was though. I wasn't as into them back then. I would say it was a TR but those are really expensive and even this kids Dad couldn't have been that dumb. So it must have been a 348.

Needless to say he is now one of the most worthless humans I have ever known.

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I had a fellow classmate in high school get a 348 for his 16th birthday (91 as well). He was from So. America, though, and that was not such an uncommon thing at a boarding school like mine.

7. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    And i think i was young... 20

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I know 2 people, 1 kid has a 360 spyder and a Z06 @ 18 years old.

Youngest guy on the board i would say is Udalmia, he is 20 years old, had an '04 360 spyder and just upgraded to a 2005 murcielago

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Ditto that, go to any half respectable boarding school and you will find them.

10. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck

His Dad did buy a different, Faster Car, but Upgrading, that's subjective.
    And, as I've read, He drives it more then his Father does.

Now, I might consider the Murcie Roadster an Upgrade,
    others may not.

11. NSKFlorida

NSKFlorida Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Not really, almost every boarding school (northeast prep school) kid I've encountered either doesn't really care about exotic cars or doesn't have parents who don't care about exotic cars. On top of that, every 7-day boarding school I've heard of doesn't allow students to keep cars.

12. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i bought my first ferrari (an 1980 308 gtsi) when a was 22 years old. i paid for every bit of it myself. i was the first person in my family to buy a foreign car, and it was the 308. what pissed me off more than anything were all the people who knew me when i always said i was going to buy a ........., that made comments like "i wish my parents would buy me something like this". i used the thought of the purchase to motivate myself throughout school (which i also paid for). when i graduated, i bought the 308 as a gift to myself. although silly at the time, i have no regrets about having done it other than the obsession it has since created.

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I bought my first Ferrari when I was 20 back in '91 , a '86 328GTS with 5,000 miles on it. I started to buy at auctions and import cars when I was 16 by then I had a 928GTS and my father gave me $15,000 to start my idea of importing cars from auctions. I bought my second a Testarossa at 27 and I'm on my third in the list for the 430.
    My wife went to high school class of '03 and a girlfriend of hers use to sometimes drive in a 996TT and drove a few times in a Diablo.

14. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    My first was 3 wks ago - 88 TR
    May age 29

It was my goal to get one before 30. Not to gloat, but like 99% of the members on this site, I had to pay for mine myself - no gift for Bdays etc.

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Haha, he is close.

I dont think it matters how you get a Ferrari, rather how you treat it and how you keep it, as well as the level of 'tifosi' in you.

16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    When Bret M. was active on this forum several years ago, he was the youngest on here when he bought his when he was, I think, 17. Maybe 18. As far as I know, he still has the car (308 QV GTS).

17. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's the one I was remembering too. That was back before the software switch. Where has he been?

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My daughter Amanda is owner of the World's Fastest Art Car, age: 12.
    1977 308GTB VIN #22127

I think she wins....not a chatter here, more of an IM fan....

She's only allowed to drive around the neighborhood....not on public roadways....

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Insurance rates are pretty horrific for a 12 year old,...........;)

20. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    When I was in high school during the early 80s in Dallas these cars truly were Exotics. Dallas had the highest Porsche sales in the nation. Ferraris were hard to come buy. Still there was a guy who when he received his learners permit at fifteen was given a 308QV by his parents. He was still in public school at the time. When he turned sixteen he got one of the first non grey market Porsche 930 Turbos to hit the shores. Shortly after that he moved to Green Hill a well known private school. But, he was a nice well rounded kid. Smart and nice to everyone.

I think a lot of people forget what it used to be like to try to get hold of some of these cars back then. With emissions and fuel standards increasing and technology not really being up to the task at hand there were very few around. Also access to information on them wasn’t as prevalent. If Road and Track or one of the other magazines didn’t do an article on them you’d only be able to see them in a movie here and there. Which makes it all the more incredible to me that this individual received one at that age at that time.

21. lambo_vt

lambo_vt Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Not a ferrari but I'm 17 and I have a 99 diablo roadster and a 00 viper gts.

22. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I think we have a winner. Nice :cool:

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nope....NOT a winner! Off to OT with you!

Lambochat.com is down there...\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

24. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Oh wait, yea nevermind, lambos dont count ;)

25. lambo_vt

lambo_vt Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    LOL I knew that was coming at some point!