LP670 SV | FerrariChat

LP670 SV

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Supercar Ace, Jul 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    #1 Supercar Ace, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    WOW! Speechless

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Amazing color !

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The styling is still very dated, one would have hoped for more than a wing, nose and engine cover redux.

5. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    SWEET!!!!!...thanks for posting the pictures!!!!

Thanks,
    UZY

6. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Aww, come on, that engine cover is cool.

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    It was cool 3 years ago when the Reventon sketches were released lol

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

Nice.....but, it's no Diablo.

Gawd.....does the wing have to look so "tacked" on?

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

9. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Haha...I do think my all time fav Lambo is the Diablo SV. But the LP670 is pretty sweet too.

10. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    Remember, this is the last LP 640/Murci series, per last weeks Top Gear!!!
    The TOTALLY NEW "replacement" is due next year!
    Anyone have any photos/sketches of this replacement model???

11. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Lamborghini Bellevue had an incredible tech session yesterday with Paolo Feraboli, Ph.D. Professor of Aircraft Structures and Materials Director, Automobili Lamborghini Advanced Composite Structures Laboratory Dept. of Aeronautics & Astronautics, University of Washington.

What an amazing experience it was. He had lots of samples of Carbon Fiber that had been cut in half so you could see the structure, a wonderful slide show of their R&D department at the UW and some pretty amazing shots from the factory.

Plus, Lambo Bellevue had an SV sitting in the showroom, so we could see everything up close and personal. Amazing car.

Mike

12. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #12 roytoy2003, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    Agree 1120%..I was there as well...let me tell you, after you hear what went into the LP670-4, HOW could you NOT buy one...Just a couple of intresting things..

The LP670-4 is 13% MORE rigid than the Lp640...for better stability and corner control, the CF is even STRONGER than the LP640, to the point that it can now get dings and bend, not crack...they could also have used it for the doors and roof, it was that strong, but those replacement parts were cost prohibited.

And what really blew me away...........

The Lp670-4 Body, minus paint, the doors and roof...ONLY weighs 112lbs, compared to 192lbs on the Lp640...FRIKIN AMAZING!!

Also the top speed of the car 212 is ONLY limited due to its aero design for DOT and other safety reports...and tests....the true top speed of this car can be rated at closer to 233mph...but looses its required safety requirments standard, so they stopped its rating at 212MPH to comply with safety standards. In their testing they found the car to be quite consistent with 0-62MPH in LESS than 3.1 seconds..CAN you image this car after 5000 miles and its broke in!!

AND yes, this guy as well confirmed this is the LAST of the Murcie line...and the best to date..as much as I tried I could not get him to speak of the upcoming replacement.

13. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Interesting, thatnks for sharing Roy! I do wish they would have made an RWD variant, but you can't have everything. But I now I have to things to shoot for in my dream garage: A Monterey Blue Diablo SV and an LP670 SV =)

I can't wait to see one in jet black!

14. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #14 italiancars, Jul 12, 2009
    The only two SV in North America were on track last month at the Lamborghini Owners National Meet at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia. Lamborghini had Indy Car driver Rich Antinucci taking customers and press for some very high speed runs (in excess of 180mph).

Look for an article in Forbes in the coming months.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #15 Jalpa_Mike, Jul 12, 2009
    Don't forgot about this one either. Its at Lamborghini Bellevue. Its nice to see the "smaller" rear wing. The SV that was out here in May with Lambo Mgmt when we did the drive out to the Salish Lodge was the orange SV with the bigger rear wing.

16. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    time will prove the murciélago's styling timeless. and while it's true that familiarity breeds contempt (and both of lamborghini's models are by now VERY familiar) there is not a single road-going ferrari currently for sale that is as overtly italian, as patently ferocious, or as unequivocally unique from all angles as the murciélago. it's design characteristics will never be described as "quasi-asian" and perhaps most importantly, it will never be mistaken for a corvette.

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Granted....

but where it "doesn't show"....blows.

Isn't it still the same overweight steel tube frame chassis from the Diablo era?

Isn't the suspension still overweight steel from the Countach era? Even an old 86 Porsche 944 Turbo used a full aluminum suspension.

I don't mind the "clunkiness" of exotic Italian cars as they are beautiful works of art. But when you start talking technology....put the car on the hoist and look what's underneath.

I was really taken aback when Sameer showed some pix of the removal of his VT system from his Murci. I thought....GAWD.....it's still the same as a Diablo under the skin.

Is the 670SV really any different in that regard?

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    +1

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Doesnt excite me the way a Countach or Diablo does but it is quite the looker....nicer than anything Ferrari has done in 10 years.

20. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

There are 4 in the USA. ALL owned by the factory BUT the first 6 For retail owners in the USA arrive July 14th!! Euro was all early delivery cars..

21. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #21 roytoy2003, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    Yes it is not only on the outside...but the underside has a lot more CF parts that u cant see that makes it a great machine....this car is under rateed to meet the USA DOT requirments of 212 MPH top speed...they were smart to keep it to this level or the car would cost another 100K if they went over the 212 limit of DOT

A little white lie....but who cares We THE DRIVERS win from it~~~

I inteend to take mine to the real limit!~~!

22. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    So Roy when will yours be in?

23. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    At the time of the event, according to the factory, they were the only 2 cars in the country. (Other cars were on the way).

24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I am not sure which event you are speaking of, but as of this last Saturday.

1) Lamborghini Bellevue, Yellow small wing, factory owned.

2) Lamborghini Beverly Hills Orange large wing factory owned

3) Lamborghini St Louis, orange, large wing factory owned

4) Lamborghini San DIego, yellow, large wing, factory owned.

5) July 15th, 1st arrivial of customer bought and ordered cars for Delivery on USA soil.

25. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Lamborghini of Beverly Hills has a 2nd factory car there as well, that's the one under the car cover.