Insurance------------------------ | FerrariChat

Insurance------------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Just a quickie- Liverpool & Victoria have come up trumps for me - £690 fully comp, with £450 excess . Cheapest competiton was £1100, and only then if i provided a copy of L & V's quote. :confused:

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Just got my insurance with them for my 348 Spider. £710 fully comp, £450 excess that with 8 points on my license and one accdent in 2001 that was the 348 GTS.

best quote after that was Aon for £865.00 with £500 execess.

The guy from VL was saying they are trying to buy up the Ferrari owners market for insurance and they doing the same with Porsche owners...

3. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    As a new Fcar owner Simon Campbell (Simon C) v.kindly reccomended either L & V or Carole Nash - he uses both.

Carole Nash did my 400i Spyder for £386 f.comp, 3k miles pa - oh and I've got 6 points.

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Whilst not doubting your experience in order to be fair I found L&V to be uncompetitive. Nearly £3k for my 360.

5. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Anyone care to take a guess what'll happen when they monopolize the Ferrari owners market? I think premiums might get "reviewed"...

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    It's the laws of supply and demand - take the 'supply' while you can. Also with LV - saved £700 - nearly half my prior year premium with no mileage limitation and track day cover.

Rick

7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Aon were within £10 of LV for me.

Robert.

8. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    L&V by far the best for me too at 915 incl protected NCB.

I don't believe they cover anyone less than 30 (or quote high premiums for them) but aside from that, no bother.

Upping excesses helps take out some fat too.

Shop around EVERY year for insurance. Even if it only keeps your preferred insurer keen.

9. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I can't wait will till I'm 30. Man, £700 would be sweet. But then again I'm clearly a liability (sentence rife with sarcasm) as anyone who has driven will surely testify. Ade

10. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Mine is unlimited mileage. Need to ask if trackday cover was included..

11. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Tony,

Good deal. But I understand that they sometimes have issues with left-hand drive cars. Seems to be inconsistent and depends on the call centre operator you happen to get on the line!

Tempted to try though...

Cheers, MARK

12. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Mine's a left hooker and no problem with them.

Rick

13. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    They also have a top value limit of £95k'ish

14. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Being in the insurance industry my advice is shop around always. LV are cheap currently but I suspect next year renewals may increase if they get market share but take advantage now. The official scheme via Marsh is good in my experience on high values and Aon's scheme is good but watch use limitations.
    Basically if you are a bit out of the ordinary ie under 30, LHD, or have bad record etc then you will have to search much harder for a deal.

I have just done the first Fchatter policy for someone who wanted to use his car for wedding hire which meant the usual suspects would not offer cover.

If I can help I will so pm or email me(quicker!) if you want advice or help.

Gary

15. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I'm covered with Chubb, which looks like a great policy - any thoughts?

16. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Chubb are a good company with a wide policy coverage. Pricing is usually more favourable if you insure house etc with them as well.

17. Frank512

Frank512 Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Frank Marconi
    Having heard that L&V were doing good deals on F-car insurance, I thought I'd give them a call to quote on my 512TR. I was met with the rather ludicrous statement that (although they will insure both Testarossas and 512Ms, not to mention F40s and F50s) the 512TR is 'Too expensive' and 'Too powerful' for them to insure it. The only quote I got from them in the end was 'Forget about it'.

Now, I've often fondly entertained the thought that my car was rather powerful. My wife, for her part, has always considered it a tad expensive, but I really am quite chuffed to realise that I own a pristine example of just about the only modern Ferrari that's too hot for them to handle. Makes you think.

18. Frank512

Frank512 Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Frank Marconi
    Having counted to 100 to cool down a bit after my last somewhat intemperate posting, I called L&V back and talked to someone capable of recognising the difference between a tipo and a typo. The end result, I'm happy to report is a quote some £460 cheaper than the next best I'd had. Not a bad 10 minutes work.

19. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Interesting - I know of someone with a Ferrari who recently called Liverpool & Victoria and was denied cover as his car was a left-hooker. About two weeks later he decided to try again. He called, got a different call centre operator, declared the LHD, and despite being rejected previously, was granted cover.

It seems that it all depends on who you speak to there!

MARK

20. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Frank - great story! Is your car a left or a right hand drive?

My current dream car is a 512TR....keeping my eyes peeled for the right car, but it DEFINITELY won't be this one

What a desecration...absolutely criminal!! :(

MARK

21. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I don't know Mark, at least it's unique :)

22. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    ...as a hairdresser-pimp-mobile maybe! ;) MARK

23. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    As I am always saying for Ferrari"s LV certainly appear the best bet my insurance for the 355 is less than £600 U/L mileage and with the Wife on it,did try to insure my Volvo convertible with them and they were not competitive though within most of the other quotes I received.
    Izza I think you have either a lot of convictions/points or as is more likely you have been misquoted(or you are very young)Try them again.
    Dave Mc

24. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ian

My New 360 CS 1500 fully comp 450 excess thats with Trackday usage, thats the best quotation i had.

Enjoy the ride :)

25. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Robin,

I had chibb on the Spider , but L&V gave me a better deal on the CS they never mentioned the 95k limit at all...:)