ItalianCarFest 2004 | FerrariChat

ItalianCarFest 2004

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GhostRider, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just a reminder that the ItalianCarFest, that takes place in Dallas, at the Grapevine Grapefest September 11th, is still on schedule and the August 1st deadline for late fees is coming up soon.

See the official website for more details: www.italiancarfest.com

2. Mr.Triumph

Mr.Triumph Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lee Phillips
    Thanks to Matt for keeping everyone up to date. Yes, the $30 early registration ends with entries postmarked prior to Aug 1st. Applications for Entry postmarked in August are $40. These are the same fees as last year.

However, this year the value has been enhanced by including in the fee the Fri. ICF Reception at Gaylord Texan Resort hosted by Texas Driver Magazine.

To recap, for the fee you get:

Tickets for you and a guest to the ICF Reception (Fri., Sept. 10, 2004) where complimentary wine, beer, soft drinks and hors d'oeuves will be served.

Inclusion in the car show (Sat., Sept 11) where you can display your special Italian car at beautiful Cross Timbers Winery.

Access to the Private Hospitality Lounge in the second floor of the air-conditioned Party Barn. Wine, soft drinks and snacks are again complimentary.

Inclusion in the scenic drive (Sun., Sept. 12).

One other note:

The value of winners' plaques plus the value of the "Best of the Best" and "Best of Show" glass trophies exceeds $3,000.

-Jerry Lee Phillips
    [email protected]

3. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Attendees do not have to register to go to the show, is that correct??

4. Mr.Triumph

Mr.Triumph Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lee Phillips
    Greetings-

If you desire to attend the show on Sat. as a VISITOR, it is indeed FREE to the public and no registration is requred. (Although other shows of this caliber do charge admission, we do not because we accept a grant from the City of Grapevine. The grant funds are earmarked for promotion of the event.)

If you desire to have your Italian car on the show field, you will need to submit an application, a picture of your car and a check. Go to ItalianCarFest.com for an application for entry.

5. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    I will second Jerry's comment. I don't know of a another show of this caiber that does not charge spectators.

6. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I spoke to Jerry Lee Phillips via email. They are currently all filled up for car entries, but are still accepting two-wheeler entries probably up until showday.

7. Casey_A

Casey_A Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    Texas

I was there last year and it was very nice. FoD and LoD both brought some nice toys as well.

8. Mr.Triumph

Mr.Triumph Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lee Phillips
    With better than 2 weeks remaining before showday, Sat., Sept 11, it is reasonable to expect 2-3 entries to drop (in for repair, personal emergency, etc). So if you have a really special Italian car you'd liketo get in the show, let us know and we can accept your application for entry as a stand-by.

Without doubt, there will not be room for all those who want to be in this year's show and who want to take part in all of the activities of ItalianCarFest weekend. About the only drawback to Cross Timbers is that it will only hold the 115 cars plus two-wheelers we have laid out. The show could be held elsewhere, but finding the right mix of amenities is very difficult.

In any case, if your car isn't ready for this year's show, or you missed the cut off, but you would like to participate in the ItalianCarFest Reception hosted by Texas Driver Magazine at Gaylord Texan Resort on Fri., Sept., 10 and would like access to the Private Lounge at Cross Timbers during the show on Sat., Sept., 11, e-mail me asap.

[email protected]

-Jerry Lee Phillips
    Fiat Club of North Texas/Italian Car Club of the Southwest

9. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    be sure and take lots of pics!

10. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Al, you should have brought your Pantera up, we're looking to have at least 10, maybe a dozen. There haven't been that many Panteras together in Dallas in a long long time.

11. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Have to replace the regulator after replacing the alternator. I thought for sure it was the alternator... It's one of my weekend projects. Knock back a cold one for me!

12. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yep, I've done both of those!

13. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Everyone ready for the big show this weekend? Looks to be even better this year. Great weather forecast too.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't have a car entered this year, but I'll be hanging around all day. Looking forward to it.

15. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I plan to have at least 2 megs of pix taken :)

16. BobbyMR2LS1

BobbyMR2LS1 Rookie

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I am going to be in town for this one!! I was trying to find the easiest way to get there from say.. the 635/Preston area.. would anyone be kind enough to show me the easiest way to get there from 635 going West towards Grapevine? Thanks :)

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Check the website earlier in the thread, it isn't hard. Take 635W to Grapevine. Go North. :)

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Main street will be blocked off, so might be best to come in from the East on the North side of town, then go North on Main Street about 3-4 blocks and you'll see it.

19. BobbyMR2LS1

BobbyMR2LS1 Rookie

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    cool.. thanks alot guys. I am looking forward to this event. The Viper Club is having a meet up there as well.. I just want to be prepared for the road blocks and traffic and all.

20. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    You Papparazzi you ... I hope you mean 2 gigs ... 2 megs = 1 or 2 picture ... LOL

21. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I am driving up from Houston ... Cool! Will do a day trip on Saturday .... any F40s or 288 GTOs expected?

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Went to pickup my BMW in Grapevine and then we ate on Main Street. Things are picking up downtown. Vipers everywhere too! I just checked their site out, I guess 1,500 at the Gaylord. www.voi8.com

23. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Arggghhh. How could I say that?! At least I didn't say two bytes! Yes, 2 gigs.

24. BobbyMR2LS1

BobbyMR2LS1 Rookie

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Bobby

holymoly.. 2 gigs of pics?! good lord man..hope u have tons of batteries lol.. I was planning on taking (3) 64mb smart media cards for my Digital Camera.. thats around 1500 or so pics..and thats not anywhere even near 2 gigs :p

25. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Pebble Beach and the Monterey Historics and all that ate up over 6 GIG on me (over 4500 images)